Two Quick Changes and ENT Dota Community Wins

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Jazzy3113
Treant

Two Quick Changes and ENT Dota Community Wins

Postby Jazzy3113 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:22 pm

1. Update the game to new version. Or at least make it an option. Let the masses decide if they want a newer version. Would be fun to play with some new items, hopefully slark and meepo and lc get nerfed, etc.

2. Could we make some basic votes much more reasonable? Votebalance, kicking ruiners, etc? Make make it 5 votes or 6 votes? For whatever reason people dont vote, even if its obviously the right thing to do.

Side note: Why the heck did arem die? It used to run just as much as apem. Anyone know what caused all arem players to leave ent?

Merex
Oversight Staff

Re: Two Quick Changes and ENT Dota Community Wins

Postby Merex » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:11 am

Jazzy3113 wrote:1. Update the game to new version. Or at least make it an option. Let the masses decide if they want a newer version. Would be fun to play with some new items, hopefully slark and meepo and lc get nerfed, etc.

We already have a suggestion up regarding the new map, made by myself. There's not much more we can do as it's a change that will effect the entirety of ENT's own DotA community therefor our only effort to grasp your feel, aside from simply updating the map in silence, would be by poll and discussion which has/is already taking place.

Jazzy3113 wrote:2. Could we make some basic votes much more reasonable? Votebalance, kicking ruiners, etc? Make make it 5 votes or 6 votes? For whatever reason people dont vote, even if its obviously the right thing to do.

The voting system be it by balance/votekick is operated based off a majority vote. Making it anything less will only open room for further situations rather than not. We hold the community responsible for any and all votekicks made which is why it requires the votes that it does.

If you're experiencing situations where players simply refuse to kick someone despite an obvious ruiner, we've rules in place that you can report them for and they will be penalized for it. While I also know it's an added effort and doesn't asses the in-game ruiner situation as it's happening, you can assure that eventually players who don't pay attention to the vote/don't partake will be banned and will soon learn that it's a responsibility all community members hold.

Jazzy3113 wrote:Side note: Why the heck did arem die? It used to run just as much as apem. Anyone know what caused all arem players to leave ent?

We can't control what players want to play, all we can do is provide the bot(s) necessary and hope that you, as a community, will find the interest in said games.

Arem in specific is an unfortunate case in my opinion because even myself enjoyed the mode but there is an underlining factor behind all bot communities in general and that is people simply have moved on-to battle.net and there's nothing we can really do about that.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Jazzy3113
Treant

Postby Jazzy3113 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:53 pm

@Merex,

Why do you think people have moved on to battle net? I thought that DOTA can only be run in the custom section, so people would still need to play on bot type applications right? Blizzard doesn't run dota games in the custom section right? So the only way to play dota on Bnet would be for players to host it, correct?

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:20 pm

That's correct. DotA can only be hosted via battle.net through individual players.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Grave-Digger
Resource Storage

Postby Grave-Digger » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:22 am

Jazzy3113 wrote:@Merex,

Why do you think people have moved on to battle net? I thought that DOTA can only be run in the custom section, so people would still need to play on bot type applications right? Blizzard doesn't run dota games in the custom section right? So the only way to play dota on Bnet would be for players to host it, correct?

Which means the players on bnet have to host their own games, and the joiners can ruin the games as they want without any penalty at all. I really don’t understand why so many people choose to stay on bnet. The FBG clan may enjoy that because more noobs on the bnet and they can host their own game, so they can feel like the real boss on bnet while if they come over to ent, they are nobody. I really enjoyed the all random mode as well, and really don’t like the all pick mode. Every game is like slark, techies, bara, meepo,sniper and all the same old shits. It is really boring, if we vote to play normal mode, slark, meepo, sniper, spectre will not be this imba at all. All because of the extra money and experience, I really want to play so ap or rd mode instead of apem.

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:20 pm

Grave-Digger wrote:
Jazzy3113 wrote:@Merex,

Which means the players on bnet have to host their own games, and the joiners can ruin the games as they want without any penalty at all. I really don’t understand why so many people choose to stay on bnet. The FBG clan may enjoy that because more noobs on the bnet and they can host their own game, so they can feel like the real boss on bnet while if they come over to ent, they are nobody. I really enjoyed the all random mode as well, and really don’t like the all pick mode. Every game is like slark, techies, bara, meepo,sniper and all the same old shits. It is really boring, if we vote to play normal mode, slark, meepo, sniper, spectre will not be this imba at all. All because of the extra money and experience, I really want to play so ap or rd mode instead of apem.

People like BNet because more game modes get hosted and filled. People want to play more than just apem. sdem, rdem, arem, etc. all get hosted and played with regularity on battle.net, and if you think the community won't explode when reforged comes out then you're silly. it's up to blizzard to decide whether they will make it a long term viable option, but the main client is still appealing to most english speaking users as opposed to RGC or iCCUP.

I'm curious where you get the basis of FBG only playing pub stomp games. Sure, some of us play those games to kill time, but we almost exclusively play in-house league games with -cd or -cm mode and have 2 games going at a time most nights. We have our own stats and tracking, moderation, and replay upload/review, and the best players in dota 1 are playing in it currently.

You seem to use a different smurf on every account judging off your posts, so its a bit hard to take you seriously, or know if we've ever even played. But if you ever wanted to try a few games and see how you stack up, feel free to post.

PrincessIce
Aura Tree

Postby PrincessIce » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:57 pm

fantom just face smashed graverobber
These users thanked the author PrincessIce for the post:
1B_Fantom (Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:27 pm)

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:27 pm

PrincessIce wrote:fantom just face smashed graverobber