ENT in 2020

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
EdteOfChaos2
Forest Walker

ENT in 2020

Postby EdteOfChaos2 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:24 am

I decided to revisit ENT and play a few DotA games, just to see how it's getting on in 2020 even after moderation was discontinued. So I launched the old ENT Connect and joined a DotA game.

First observation: the teams are switched on countdown.
Now, whoever implemented this was actually so stupid that they made it randomize the players rather than autobalance.
I wonder what was going on in his congested brain when he decided to make it like this.

Not only does the new system randomly lead to even bigger stacks than previously thought possible, but it also leads to a whole new breed of moron. And boy are they ever stupid. There are still teams of 3-4 who play on ENT, but instead of just stacking together, they now wait until the countdown starts and join + leave over and over until they get randomly placed on the same team. This took over 30 minutes for one of my games that had a 4 man team. Holy fuck, boys. Thirty minutes just to play a stacked game on a dead server.

Second observation: I recognize most of the names. Zikaviruss, the worst CM in history, still here. That one guy with a weird name who only plays pugna and suicide rushes down the lane, yep he's here.

The games are even lower quality than before. Many players simply join and spam buy + suicide couriers. I'm not saying you can't have fun on this server, but be prepared for some massive stinkers. Average player quality is incredibly low, averaging the skill level of a 600-800 ELO during ENT's popularity.

Ent dota in 2020 is an experience unlike any other to be sure.

UltraKill
Forest Walker

Re: ENT in 2020

Postby UltraKill » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:17 pm

Ent dota in 2020 is an experience unlike any other to be sure.

Tell me about the Reforged experience :lol:

Can't even fucking log in xDDD My friend was able to register cd key before me now the shit is linked to his account and i have to buy the game again :o

No-no, not spending money on reforged. Time to bring ENT back ;)
aka furion[k:d] aka thecheekslapper aka thewhooper aka spanker aka bitchmaker aka ultrakill

Yarragon2
Aura Tree

Postby Yarragon2 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:37 am

Cracks me up my comment was up for nearly a week before being removed and it's gone now lol. I just wanna say this whole game is pretty shitty, no matter who's in charge at this point. Reforged had some serious potential, but Blizzard said nah we'd rather just push shit on you and pretend it's up to par.

EdteOfChaos2
Forest Walker

Postby EdteOfChaos2 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:42 am

Really weird they deleted your post, don't think there was anything bad in there?

I'm not buying reforged. Not going to support the business practice of releasing half-finished games.
ENT won't come back.
The reality of it is that WC3 is now dead.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:28 am

Hi edge, much respect.
Have to agree with you. My sons are happy, since im not playing dota anymore. Ive moved on although the result is the same. Now im getting my ass handed to me in first person shooter games. Different game, same outcome.
These users thanked the author BeerLord for the post:
EdteOfChaos2 (Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:36 am)

EdteOfChaos2
Forest Walker

Postby EdteOfChaos2 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:36 am

Haha! You played a sweet omni support though!
Which game you on now?

UltraKill
Forest Walker

Postby UltraKill » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:27 pm

:( you guys realy made me sad. Wc3 IS indeed dead... No more furion kd :(
aka furion[k:d] aka thecheekslapper aka thewhooper aka spanker aka bitchmaker aka ultrakill

KingKar
Forest Walker

Postby KingKar » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:54 am

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”