Player Tier List - DOTA

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
plzbanruiners
Armored Tree

Re: Player Tier List - DOTA

Postby plzbanruiners » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:29 am

Active players only. When i see a game or two from you ill add you.

EdteOfChaos2
Forest Walker

Postby EdteOfChaos2 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:55 am

Master_pain is actually a pretty good player during laning phase. He uses his abilities and stuff, usually win the lane when I'm with him.

It's just that he turns into a whiny little baby the first time he dies and sits at the tower for the rest of the game afterwards.

Similar thing with desertisland. If he's playing Earthshaker, that means he's actually trying to win. If he plays Tiny, he's going to pull creeps and jungle, then build meme items and lose. I generally avoid playing with him because I'm never sure which one he's going to be doing.
These users thanked the author EdteOfChaos2 for the post:
plzbanruiners (Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:10 pm)

Astros
Protector of Nature

Postby Astros » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:48 pm

pain ain't bad. I don't think he puts much effort into playing and just plays to burn some time. afk's way too much and just stands around typing so he's almost always under leveled. Probably plays just for the socializing aspect.

desertisland plays a good earthshaker. night-and-day difference versus his tiny. I'm not even sure why he plays tiny the way he does. Mechanically, he's not bad but he used to just stay top and farm endlessly while never communicating. When he plays earthshaker, he starts playing like a normal human.

ray77 is better than F tier. not the best decision-making but he actively helps and tries to win.

xray also ain't that bad if he stuck with a few heroes rather than playing everyone.

Tough to say about the tiers because a lot of players could be better if they played what they're good at but they play a variety of heroes whereas some just play op heroes but are pretty bad otherwise, for example, the guy who picks huskar only but the moment he plays any other hero, his brain malfunctions
These users thanked the author Astros for the post:
plzbanruiners (Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:10 pm)
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

plzbanruiners
Armored Tree

Postby plzbanruiners » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:25 pm

First of all I do appreciate the input.

Master_pain was for a while in C tier when he a good streak of games where his attitude was great even in games that he lost. However that was short lived and a few games later his attutide fell. Alot of people do troll him with nicknames and flame him so I can understand him to some degree.

desertisland i totally agree, if this list was judging everyone on their best performances he would definitely be higher. But im accounting for their bad heroes/games aswell.

ray77 and xray ive had few games with them but i will keep an eye out on them.

I made the list initially to motivate people to play better, specifically the lowered tiered ones. I've had people ingame tell me that they are actually trying harder because of it. Not sure if its true, but ill take it. I can see how the list can also be viewed as elitist or whatever, but Its not. For example, m96_4:20 we dont see eye to eye ingame and hes usually very passive agressive and toxic to others. Despite all that ive moved him up in order more than once just because of the impact he has in games. Which leads me to my next point, game impact. If you disagree with someone being higher than they should its likely because I see them have bigger game impact than a stats page can tell you. For example Furrevix despite sometimes feeding with lycan randomly he plays for objectives which more often than not makes up for his deaths and gives his team map-control. The huskar player while yes huskar is an op hero, the impact he has ingame with it cannot be denied.

I do hope more higher Tiered players will input their opinions.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:29 pm

List is inaccurate for various reasons. First, games are highly dependent on your player make up. Been on teams with all great players, but each one more egotistical than the next. Absolutely 0 team work, all picked carries, instant 25-29 elo loss.

Then there is the mood of each player. I've seen great players just don't give a damn and ruin. I've also seen mediocre players doing absolutely amazing things. What I have come to realize it is all about how toxic the team is. And almost always in the beginning I see 2 teammates trash talk each other, I knew this was going to be a shit game. They won't try and even at times deliberately sabotage each other, the team suffers.

Great players are those who can rally his teammates behind them. This is why it is always a pain in the ass to go against them because they make other players great. When you attack them, you know 2-3 of his teammates will back him up while your teammates were busy arguing and fighting each other, creeping without a care, and won't defend.
These users thanked the author nitromon for the post:
plzbanruiners (Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:41 pm)

plzbanruiners
Armored Tree

Postby plzbanruiners » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:44 pm

You're mostly correct and I have tried to account for all the factors you mentioned. It is inaccurate to some, at the end of the day its just me deciding the rankings of each player. Im not the best player here and I wouldnt claim i was but i feel i have a good read if im going to win or lose the game based on the players in each team. Thats how this list is ordered. I appreciate the input even if its negative.

Astros
Protector of Nature

Postby Astros » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:27 am

plzbanruiners wrote:First of all I do appreciate the input.

Master_pain was for a while in C tier when he a good streak of games where his attitude was great even in games that he lost. However that was short lived and a few games later his attutide fell. Alot of people do troll him with nicknames and flame him so I can understand him to some degree.

desertisland i totally agree, if this list was judging everyone on their best performances he would definitely be higher. But im accounting for their bad heroes/games aswell.

ray77 and xray ive had few games with them but i will keep an eye out on them.

I made the list initially to motivate people to play better, specifically the lowered tiered ones. I've had people ingame tell me that they are actually trying harder because of it. Not sure if its true, but ill take it. I can see how the list can also be viewed as elitist or whatever, but Its not. For example, m96_4:20 we dont see eye to eye ingame and hes usually very passive agressive and toxic to others. Despite all that ive moved him up in order more than once just because of the impact he has in games. Which leads me to my next point, game impact. If you disagree with someone being higher than they should its likely because I see them have bigger game impact than a stats page can tell you. For example Furrevix despite sometimes feeding with lycan randomly he plays for objectives which more often than not makes up for his deaths and gives his team map-control. The huskar player while yes huskar is an op hero, the impact he has ingame with it cannot be denied.

I do hope more higher Tiered players will input their opinions.

Furrevix is Kuzko and he's actually not that bad when he decides to play serious. He went through a phase of getting vanguard only on every hero for no reason other than he knows it will draw attention to him but then he had a phase where he actually got competent items and played quite well. Now he's going through some weird phase of picking heroes, sticking to one lane, and just pushing solo nonstop which most of the time, ends up with him feeding. I've tried to ban him to get him to play serious again but haven't seen him in-game lately to see if he has changed.

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:10 am

lmao bobby for sure s tier man

aesrf
Forest Walker

Postby aesrf » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:31 am

This is hilarious frank! :D

Bobbby definitely needs his own tier

Jazzy3113
Treant

Postby Jazzy3113 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:56 pm

nitromon wrote:List is inaccurate for various reasons. First, games are highly dependent on your player make up. Been on teams with all great players, but each one more egotistical than the next. Absolutely 0 team work, all picked carries, instant 25-29 elo loss.

Then there is the mood of each player. I've seen great players just don't give a damn and ruin. I've also seen mediocre players doing absolutely amazing things. What I have come to realize it is all about how toxic the team is. And almost always in the beginning I see 2 teammates trash talk each other, I knew this was going to be a shit game. They won't try and even at times deliberately sabotage each other, the team suffers.

Great players are those who can rally his teammates behind them. This is why it is always a pain in the ass to go against them because they make other players great. When you attack them, you know 2-3 of his teammates will back him up while your teammates were busy arguing and fighting each other, creeping without a care, and won't defend.

Is this a thinly veiled shot at me?

Because i tried making a new name and ignoring everyone so i wouldnt be tempted to complain and i still got ruiners.

Astros
Protector of Nature

Postby Astros » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:12 am

Jazzy3113 wrote:
nitromon wrote:List is inaccurate for various reasons. First, games are highly dependent on your player make up. Been on teams with all great players, but each one more egotistical than the next. Absolutely 0 team work, all picked carries, instant 25-29 elo loss.

Because i tried making a new name and ignoring everyone so i wouldnt be tempted to complain and i still got ruiners.

Just checked.... Unless you're playing on a different IP, you have not in fact created a new name. Do we need to add habitual liar to the list as well?

Jazzy3113
Treant

Postby Jazzy3113 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:29 am

Astros wrote:
Jazzy3113 wrote:

Just checked.... Unless you're playing on a different IP, you have not in fact created a new name. Do we need to add habitual liar to the list as well?

It does not show any games under Smoke Frog awhile back?

MIKEJONES
Aura Tree

Postby MIKEJONES » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:50 pm

Not sure if it was this post that have motivated some players but I have observed players on ALL TIERS upping their game by a significant margin. This is great for quality of games and positive on all verticals.

I think biggest driving factor here is player acknowledgement and kudos to Frank spending the effort noting all this in his diary.
These users thanked the author MIKEJONES for the post (total 3):
EdteOfChaos2 (Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:09 am) • kunkka (Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:27 am) • plzbanruiners (Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:50 pm)

minger1
Aura Tree

Postby minger1 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:48 am

Is there a Tier above S Tier? Id put bolbol there

nitros
Aura Tree

Postby nitros » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:55 pm

MIKEJONES wrote:Not sure if it was this post that have motivated some players but I have observed players on ALL TIERS upping their game by a significant margin. This is great for quality of games and positive on all verticals.

I think biggest driving factor here is player acknowledgement and kudos to Frank spending the effort noting all this in his diary.

hahaha ahahahahhahahha ahahahahhahaha
are you serious
I can't take this post serious look at this

https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=12199282
biggest smash of 2024

(how to scare off good players from ent)
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=12200353
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=12200836
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=12201790

(credits - rastafareye, zyfe, pay, trader, cloud shit meepo)
you belong playing Dota in a hospital , i would never touch this game again without changing mode and autoshuffle

and for real this match was most intense to carry, solo Lothar walk bd throne both teams megas 1v5 entire game. the level of skill is hideous. Needs improvement
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=12200468

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”