Countering a good Slark / Meepo

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
ForsakeMe
Treant

Re: Countering a good Slark / Meepo

Postby ForsakeMe » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:12 am

Ok, if you will find an universal way to counter them, let me know.

memaru
Armored Tree

Postby memaru » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:36 am

I already did dude, it's legion commander.

ForsakeMe
Treant

Postby ForsakeMe » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:37 am

Naw, lc sux tho. Ethereal or hex and lc gone. I've raped so many lc. People still dont pay attention for teamplay, there is a key. GL guys.
Last edited by ForsakeMe on Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr71717
Armored Tree

Postby Mr71717 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:47 pm

Found time to write on Meepo.

I agree this is quite an imbalanced broken hero (Nabo) and a lot harder to counter when he does split farming in multiple lanes (Dust). Likely impossible to counter.

I am not sure if Sven and ES can counter Meepos for individual battles. Take ES for example. By the time ES gets his Aghanim and Dagger, most Meepos should be at least 4 levels higher with a Mekansm and tanky items ready. The combo of Fissure, Enchant Golem, Echo Slam is not likely to kill an uninjured Meepo in one swift blow, and against a good Meepo, it will Meka itself to devour the ES.

In theory, Lich's Chain Frost should take out a 5 man meepo but again, nothing that a higher level Meepo with a Mekansm cannot handle. Some Meepo players will not roam with all 5. I don't. I poof them in during battles. So Lich's ulti is not a sure fire way. The problem with Meepos is that they can farm 2 to 3 times faster than any hero and this, imho is the reason why this hero should be turfed out of Dota.

Then again, I have no solution to countering good Meepos so these suggested heros should be good picks. It is probably right to say great teamwork is one's best bet against a Meepo team, which usually never happens in pub games.....

The good news is I have not seen a Meepo player who can Blink Poof 4 successfully. By it, I mean poof all 4 to the main Meepo under 1.5 sec and then Blink the main Meepo to the target with all 5 arriving at the same time. Please let me know if anyone can do this.

Perhaps the best counter is to pray the Meepo player accidentally hit the Windows button while poofing. (does this happen to me only?!)

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:30 am

The good news is I have not seen a Meepo player who can Blink Poof 4 successfully. By it, I mean poof all 4 to the main Meepo under 1.5 sec and then Blink the main Meepo to the target with all 5 arriving at the same time. Please let me know if anyone can do this.

Mittlebittle easily did this when he was playing. Admittedly though, there were some questions about whether he was using macros.

Mr71717
Armored Tree

Postby Mr71717 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:44 am

I will know who to avoid now. LoL.

I am curious. By macros, do you mean gaming keyboards that can program functions into a key?

Hatedmaru

Postby Hatedmaru » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:55 am

Well as for meepo, you do want to stop him from farming since early game, since it can be a matter of 3-5 minutes farm that can easily make meepo outleveled, making him harder to be stopped, and having him ganked right at start is also advised, since it will allow you to keep him away from farming and not getting experience. Usually at midgame vs a meepo, having someone who can disable one of his clones is also great (examples: Winter Wyvern, Vengeful Spirit, Butcher) or something with a good AoE/Dmg (Magnus, Enigma, Rylai, Tidehunter). Also doom can help since you can doom one of the clones.

As for slark, well its almost the same situation, but in this case it's advised to have someone who can silence (Krobelus, Traxxex, and my special mention since i prefer him vs slark, Skywrath Mage; It's true bloodseeker can also silence, but increasing his damage might not be the best idea). A well timed skywrath can time his silence vs his pact, allowing you to keep him silenced and and letting your team + yourself kill him long before the silence is out. Also Doom deserves a special mention here since doom is also a good point vs slark.

In both cases, i still think one of the most honorable mentions is deserved to the one and only Silencer :) Despite that ulti which can silence everyone, he can also disable attacks with Last Word.

memaru
Armored Tree

Postby memaru » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:49 pm

@EdgeofChaos

I am mittlebittle and I was not using macros.

Mr71717
Armored Tree

Postby Mr71717 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:20 am

Memaru,
Can you poof 4 meepos to the main one and blink the main meepo to a target with all 5 arriving at the same time? How do you do that?

Brando
Forest Walker

Postby Brando » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:05 am

@mr71717 u tab poof all ur meepos on ur main meepo and blink. simple

rEvErSeDaMaGe
Resource Storage

Postby rEvErSeDaMaGe » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:19 pm

I think riki is a great counter to slark, at least i do well with him, treads, mom diffusal(i know 2 orbs) basher(abysall) , mkb/bfly

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:59 pm

earth shaker counter meepo so hard it is not even funny

MrCecil
Basic Tree

Postby MrCecil » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:46 pm

To counter Meepo just get a void. Void with batthefury, MoM and crit will in most cases just solo him. Get a scepter for no cooldown on ulti and you'll be fine :=

pmgg
Basic Tree

Postby pmgg » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:07 am

In my experience, qop has been a good counter to slark. mind you it may take a lot of gold/items but in the end ive wiped every slark with qop. the blink is a huge asset. the items I get are usually scepter, ghost staff and eventually ethereal blade, skadi and whatever else u want.....rapes slark. guinsoo, mkb whatever.

that meepo tho, hp and battle fury with a carry, or earthshaker is a pretty decent counter to him, his ult is pretty op for those images.

NutzSucksHard
Plague Treant

Postby NutzSucksHard » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:53 pm

There's to much variables. Dota is a 5 man team. It depends of who act first. Who will initiate. There's no '1v1 duel' in dota unless you want to do that mid. w.e

All I'm saying is a team that will cover is meepo to not die, like having omni, dazzle and tank/stunner in your team. You will win. Let's say your team comp is Dazzle Meepo EarthShaker Sven Cent/Timber.

Meepo = Mid
Sven Dazzle Earth = bot (sven free farming, ES roaming / stack camp)
Timber / Cent top handling lane at is best.

Really gonna be hard to win against that. Still you can. Pick something like void, specter, naga, tide. There's so much variables, like I said. There's not a single way to do things... Dota is more than just a one hero win. Very late game it come to it. But between min 0:00 to min 35:00. It's mainly your overall teamwork and skill that gonna win. Every game going over 70 minute is consider of 'who gonna make the play' and 'who gonna make the mistake'.

Multiple way to counter meepo, multiple way to counter these counter, counter gonna get countered, and the countered will be counter. Once again, it's a chess game, skill game, overall teamworks game.

Still, for pub that you can relay only on yourself and meepo do so. I suggest a sven. Get crit and dps. With your ult you should be able to handle it. With a bkb ofc.

Spoiler!
I'm scared that these 'rumors' become true. BkB will affect all meepo in a soon patch. Rumors. Hope this is a lie. OP hero is become unkillable.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”