Countering a good Slark / Meepo

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Mr71717
Armored Tree

Countering a good Slark / Meepo

Postby Mr71717 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:20 pm

Which hero and items will you use to counter a good

1. Slark?

2. Meepo?
Last edited by Mr71717 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Re: Countering a good Slark

Postby Haunt » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:21 pm

mort with 6x rapiers.

Mr71717
Armored Tree

Re: Countering a good Slark

Postby Mr71717 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:25 pm

Slark will end up with the 6 rapiers. LoL

Magiccookie
Forest Walker

Re: Countering a good Slark / Meepo

Postby Magiccookie » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:43 pm

to counter slark u simply buy 6x boots so u can outrun him , simple as that

for meepo u need to pick tinker and get 6x manta so u have more units/heros as him
-While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior-

vegeta(ksw)
Armored Tree

Postby vegeta(ksw) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:54 pm

To counter slark, you will need... Slark :roll:

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Gank early, push early, get lots of stuns and nukes.

Frank
Forest Walker

Postby Frank » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:04 pm

To counter slark a good meepo rapes im, bloodseeker, doom even razor.
As for meepo ember spirit es sven lich.

Void counters both.

Dust
Armored Tree

Postby Dust » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:37 am

BS is Slark's hardest counter, but generally silences works very well vs him. Just make sure you can kill him before he gets to pop his ult, because after that it's likely you won't be able to kill him. I see a lot of people going Bm and I do not recommend it, since during shadow dance he'll be recovering a good amount of hp. Burst nukers works pretty well too; lina with dagger for exemple is pretty good. She can dodge pounce with blink, stun him during his ultimate with LSA, and burst down his paper hp with Laguna. Also, if you have a strong/crucial stun it's probably better not to use it right away if he jumps on you. Good slarks will cast dark pact as they are jumping, which will cancel incoming stuns and put their opponents in a bad position. If he's on you, waiting a few moments to cast your stun could save your life.

Meepo is a lot harder to counter imo, esp if he's mid. Irregardless of how strong your mid hero is, once Meepo hits 3 he has ulti and the upper end. Most Meepos will rush a bot and start split pushing and split farming. They will farm and level extremely fast during this time and this is when it's crucial to do something vs him otherwise he'll just win the game. Aoe is not as effective as it used to be. His buffed magic resistance and his ultimate at 3; meaning faster farm, makes him significantly tankier. Meepos will get lots of hp items (Mek, Aghs, Skadi, possibly Ac) and he will be really hard to kill. Of course a 6 slotted Sven could do it, but the thing is Meepo will be 6 slotted way before Sven is. I find that a combination of invis+silences works well vs him. The idea is that you want to wait in a lane until he tps in. Then most Meepos will stick around for 1-2 waves, then will tp to another one to farm some more. What you want to do is wait until the main one teleports with bot to another lane, then silence ONLY ONE of the other Meepos and start attacking that one. The silence will cancel the poof, leaving you vs a solo Meepo, and since all of their poofs except one are going to be on cd, killing that lone Meepo should be pretty easy. If you do this succesfully and multiple times, you will cancel out most of his farm and his split-pushing while getting some yourself. If he ever gets a gem this will be much harder (Meepos rarely go dust and get gem instead), but killing him while he has a gem will give you a huge advantage. Best heroes for this strat are Riki with cloud and Clinkz with orchid.

VirusHunter
Corrupted Treant

Postby VirusHunter » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:57 pm

i think you guys are saying bs counters him so well cuz of bs' ability to see him when hes below 50% hp.
yes he can silence and see him when he gets low but i think a good slark > bs. (i dont wanna debate this its just my opinion).
heros aside i find that setting plenty of obs wards around the map helps deflate slark. dont let him gank you early in the woods or anytime for that matter. wards are always a good route. yes he could buy smoke but a lot of people dont buy smoke. in pub games i have only seen someone other than myself buy it once.
-auctoritas non veritas facit legem-

Frank
Forest Walker

Postby Frank » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:13 pm

alot of slarks gameplay involves him drawing out fights getting low then jumping back in once hes healed up. Bs' passive prevents his pasive regen when he is low. The only reason slark is so strong is his passive regen. So no slark does not counter bs. Id like to hear your opinion though.

NutzSucksHard
Plague Treant

Postby NutzSucksHard » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:08 am

How to counter them, gank both a lot before they get big.

1v1 fight. Ghost scepter for slark or euls. Euls yourself when he go in ult.

For meepo. Get aoe dmg lock down. A good meepo is hard to counter. Highly suggesting a nigma with bkb blink. Catch him. no one can stop you but a basher hero. While you BH him, one of your mate take him down. Zeus is also good with that combo. It almost one shot weak meepo.

But best bet is early gank and lack of farming for both will win you game.

coldfire786
Treant Protector

Postby coldfire786 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:06 am

Lothars slark or heart will do the work on noob bs
ImageImageImage

Mr71717
Armored Tree

Postby Mr71717 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:43 am

Quite a few good opinions so far.

I guess it boils down to what one defines as a counter. I was trying to look at it from an overall game perspective. Doom and FV are good counters against a slark for individual battles. However, their CDs are too long to have a meaningful impact in preventing a Slark from winning the game for his team. The duration of cronos and dooms has to also be long enough to kill a Slark else he goes into a Shadow Dance and kills off his predators instead. Euls, Ghost Sceptors, Lothars and Blademails are at best, just escape or defensive mechanisms. I have seen some good players use these to counter a Slark attack and kill off Slark instead but rarely. Even so, it will not stop a good Slark from carrying the game.

I do agree BS is probably the only most effective counter in winning the game against a carry Slark. I would rate its success rate in doing so at 70%. Its Rupture and Silence (Bloodrage) CDs are short enough to match Slark's Pounce and Shadow Dance CDs.

The way I normally do it is the meet Slark at mid. Silence Slark to bring down his hp and confidence while doing creeps kills to maintain BS's hp. When done effectively, BS should reach level 6 faster. Rup the injured Slark to finish him off. Keep doing it a few more times and BS's level will be higher.

By mid game, BS should have a Radiance and Blademail ready. When he meets Slark, Silence and Rupture Slark. The order of Rupture and Silence can be interchangeable depending on how each Slarks react. The idea is to stop Slark from going into a Shadow Dance. Go in for the kill with your Blademail ready. The Slark has no way to run and should he fight, gets returned damage when Blademail is activated. The Radiance adds to quicken the damage on Slark. The timing for this has to perfect. Should Slark survive the Silence and go into Shadow Dance, the BS is dead.

Then, comes the decision to either Silence Slark or to Silence BS. This depends on gameplay and Slark's items. If Slark has good damage items, it is very risky to Silence him. His increased damage can kill you instead. When you know for sure Slark's Shadow Dance has gone into CD, it is probably a good time to Silence the BS instead for the extra ability to cause damage. The extra damage to injure Slark should trigger BS's Bloodlust. These should enable BS to finish off Slark quicker.

During gangs, the BS has to reserve his Silence and Rup for Slark only which I find bothersome. Some quick-learning Slarks will not initate and will wait for the right moment to engage. This makes the counter job much harder. Should Slark's team have tankers, you got to wait for his tankers to hit your allies, hold your cool and when Slark shows up to finish the kills, engage him. It is usually easier said than done.

When BS controls early and mid game, the Slark should be subdued enough not make any impact in carrying the game. Even if the game becomes a late one, BS items will be more advanced than Slarks. His control over Slark will still be maintained. I must emphasize a lot depends on the player's skill and judgement. Some good Slarks are real quick and dodgy, and they will make up the 30% you will never be able to counter no matter how good your BS is, imho.

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:35 am

Disables + teamwork kill any hero, meepo or slark or w/e.

Silence is usually good against slark. ex. sky, bs. If you have aoe disable or escape items during his ult, or can silence/disable him before he ults, slark aint hard to beat. Most pub teams have hard time dealing with slark because they cant play as a team.

As for meepo, you gotta understand when meepo is OP: he is a mid phase game hero. In EM, meepo is quite the unbalanced broken hero. Once he has sceptor, he will be gay. You should outpush a meepo early game or gain huge advantage early by ganking him. Big aoe heros are usually good, but u need further disables and dps to win a team battle against a meepo team. Sven, mag, ember, void, and alch are good carries against meepo. ES(esp his ult), undying, lina, lich, sky, tiny are good aoe heros against meepo. Meepo becomes weaker late game compared to typical late game hard carries. Surviving mid game and not getting outpushed or outkilled(needlessly feeding) is important.

A bmail team can also be good, but ya...gotta know when to use it + have the hp too.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

VirusHunter
Corrupted Treant

Postby VirusHunter » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:19 pm

hell a drow could potentially be very effective against slark. i say that because you could possibly kill the slark before her imba silence wears off.
DAGON DROW! MUAHAHA
-auctoritas non veritas facit legem-

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”