Dota is dead

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
grek40
Aura Tree

Re: Dota is dead

Postby grek40 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:11 pm

In my oppinion, lots of current pub problems are related to the ELO rating... Almost all games are very unbalanced, because players don't use ELO indicator to create balance. Instead, the more experienced players check !scores and join together on one side or leave if its already full. Mostly the new players fill the other team then, until there are 3-5 Players who don't even know the !scores command. Sometimes a few better players join in cause they don't care or think they can turn it around, but it rarely happens.

I experienced this phenomenom on other hosting bots already... as long as statistics are only available with some efford and players have to calculate information together (like !sd each player), a few use it and the rest just plays. As soon as it is made available very easy, players tend to form unbalanced teams. Later they all stop playing, because they don't get any excitement from the games (both the good and nooby players).

--> Kick !scores out of the commands list? ;)

NutzSucksHard
Plague Treant

Postby NutzSucksHard » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:57 am

For virus, sorry if I'm late buddy (on my answer). Defense of The Ancient (the kind/genre) was in SC and been created there (true). Still, the game, Defense of the Ancient itself AKA Dota was not in SC and has never been there. Otherwise, take me out the game.

Just for you to understand what I'm saying : Defense of the Ancients (DotA) is a multiplayer online battle arena mod for the video game Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and its expansion, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, based on the "Aeon of Strife" map for StarCraft. Both game are A-RTS / MOBA kind of games.

Therefore, I'm stating fact. Say you played AoS, fine. Dota? It's a pure lie. It's like saying I'm playing lol for 15 years (because I played AoS on StarCraft). It just make no stupid senses. If it does to you, congratz!

Should I got further in my explanation and defend why I hate lieing people? Or is it enough? 99' was great year for people, it's where everything started in the 'craft' world. Still, dota has never existed before WC3.

Spoiler!
July 3rd, Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos (ROC) is released. Aeon of Strife is ported to WC3 by multiple people.
Unknown date, Defense of the Ancients Beta 2 is released by Eul. The very first DotA map.

Has you can see there, The game you're talking about was ported into WC3. Someone inspired by it decided to create is own game (not taking the map and remaking it), based on the 'idea/genre' of AoS. We all know what happen next. Dota has been created. In around 2002/2003 years. Nowhere near 99'...

Have a nice day sir,

Nutz-

P.S: If that is better for you, if this is more polit and less of an attack, it's been a pleasure to destroy you. ahah :D

Ultrasonic
Forest Walker

Postby Ultrasonic » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:35 am

uhmm its not.. its not in steam LOL XD

kdrbeatselo
Resource Storage

Postby kdrbeatselo » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:59 pm

Dota like all older games is dying it's just a slow death. I agree with the sentiment that bots are wayyyyyy too much about stacking games.

eldryan
Plague Treant

Postby eldryan » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:18 am

VirusHunter wrote:First of all nutz. Dota was first released on starcraft so kno what youre talking about before you attack someone..

Here this will help you.

Yea....but there are no "ancients" to protect in a game based off tech.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”