Game hangs/crashes in LoD Dota

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
zetazeta
Resource Storage

Game hangs/crashes in LoD Dota

Postby zetazeta » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:55 am

Lately I've been experiencing this crash that happens at a random point in the game... my screen will stop moving and nothing will respond (control alt delete, sleep, alt tab, etc...) I have to hard boot my computer every time. I had 1-2 years of 1% of games crashing but now its at like 10-20%. I've had it happen in the drafting stage to the very end of the game (rax).

Any ideas?

THanks

nabo.
Donator

Re: Game hangs/crashes in LoD Dota

Postby nabo. » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:22 pm

Probably because of the map itself. Im pretty sure the hero transformation bug is not 100% fixed, so there are still times u crash.

If ctrl+alt+del doesnt work...may b u have graphic card or hardware problem. Check your hardware temperature and update drives.

Try deleting the map and redownload it.l in case of corruption.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

zetazeta
Resource Storage

Postby zetazeta » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:53 am

I've had a 99%+ stay rate in 2013 and 2014 and it is only in the last 2 months that I started having this, so I doubt it is a hardware/graphics problem on my end. I'll try redownloading the map...

NutzSucksHard
Plague Treant

Postby NutzSucksHard » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:18 pm

Gpu and hardware can get mechanical disfunction with time. It's like saying your car engine will never broke, or have issues. It is impossible. Mechanical part of a PC can break. It can be only the map, but take care. GPU older than 4 years start to have lil problem. (If you dusted it all 3 month and so) it get later.

Take a look at your fan dust and stuff. Sometimes it is just the heat cause of bad air circulation.

zetazeta
Resource Storage

Postby zetazeta » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:01 am

Thanks for the advice, I redownloaded the map and was crash-free for about 5 games before it happened again. I'll dust my PC again and see if it is something mechanical on my end. Hopefully a new map is released soon so I can confirm if its map related or 100% on my side

NutzSucksHard
Plague Treant

Postby NutzSucksHard » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:29 pm

No problem @zetazeta

I want some update out here ^^. Is everything alright? Map issues or was it PC?

zetazeta
Resource Storage

Postby zetazeta » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:40 am

Well I redownloaded the map and it was good for a bit then it was back to normal. It's frustrating because it doesn't display an error popup, I can't alt tab, I can't do anything except force a hard reboot. Will be looking at configuring my GPU card but I didn't touch it for at least a year or two so no idea what the f*** happened. I'll try resetting it to default and maybe re-installing the drivers.

The reason I'm leaning towards something other than GPU and hardware is because every other game and app is working perfectly normal.

I have no idea what it is and it's pissing me off to the extent where I might just switch my WC3 version to a lower one so I can use the cdkey grabber and re-install my game (lost the CD and manuals). Any other ideas? Thanks guys.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”