Why are EM games so popular?

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
CuandoQuieras
Aura Tree

Why are EM games so popular?

Postby CuandoQuieras » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:04 pm

Why are EM games so popular? What do they offer that normal ap doesn't? Ive played them a few times when ap games wouldn't start. I find them harder than ap and ppl seem to play much more lossely (they go rambo and dont care). I find it to ruin the dota experience but those are the only games that constantly start? Why? Do people not like to play how the game was intended to play?

nabo.
Donator

Re: Why are EM games so popular?

Postby nabo. » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:00 pm

Yes, em games are harder in general because low-experienced or noobs can farm items a lot easier, therefore, getting buffer per time.

Em requires different game style in that you gotta be able to put more pressure early game compared to non-em where carries need space created to farm up for mid/late game. Due to towers being weaker and more gold income, people are able to be more aggressive in general.

Pace of the game is generally bit faster since there are less farming intervals.

Non-em utilizes game mechanics more, but it is true that em is bit more skill-friendly for newbs/noobs. In the long run though, it is due to easy free gold, that players lack skill and resort to blames and cries.

As for the new dota version, I am exchanging emails with IceFrog. He may remove -em.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”