[Checking on having a maphack]

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
ForsakeMe
Treant

[Checking on having a maphack]

Postby ForsakeMe » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:56 pm

Needed software: DRM(Dota Replay Manager)

Next thing to do is:
Launch DRM, then go to settings after you click on the bar "Replay" and put a tick on Log actions to log.txt it gives us a capability to generate a log of the replay. And you may remove a tick on Time relative to creep spawn(So, you wont have a problem with divergence in time of creeps spawn).
So what do we do as a next thing? We download a replay and open it with DRM, then we go to Action log( You may look at my previous topic about how to use DRM). Let's suppose you got a couple of supsicous moments with approximatly time stamps. And you chosse a player right there, and look for what he selected(clicked) in what time you had suspicons on: •Time stamp Nickname 0x19: Select Subgroup: [Heres an image + name of unit] 0x00007645003238E28 . And for example you see a player(Map hacker) selected subgroup void. In other words, he clicked on a void. Then you go to replay and check what kind of a click it was. In WC3 when you watching the replay , you may press CTRL+C so you may see everything what that player is clicked on. Simple as that.

The tools which can help you in finding a maphacker:
Replay Seeker - Very useful tool to check a certain time stamps, so you no need to wait that long. And you can set a certain time in Replay Seeker and Alt+tab to keep doing your staff, when the needed time will be ready you will get a signal/notification.

FCD(Fog Click Detector) - You should be already knowing that this tool is extreamlly glitched(i will add kind of glitches later, when i got a time). But you may use it to get a fog clicks, then you go DRM and check those clicks were they legit or not. But you never can make a conclsuion whether player a hacker or not based on only FCD.

AutoC(Auto-Click Script) : As i stated before when you check a replay you may press CTRL+C to see what player is clicking on. So this tool makes it more easy, you no need to press CTRL+C instead of it you just install this sctript, and it will do it for you automatically. You just turn on or off it with F8.

As a conclusion, i would say when you dont have any time stamps, but you sure he is using map hack, you have to work with his log like for 15-20 min by checking his click properly.
Last edited by ForsakeMe on Mon May 18, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

memaru
Armored Tree

Re: [Checking on having a maphack]

Postby memaru » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:48 am

Quality post. I am sure that map hackers already know not to fog click.

fck_gooks
Resource Storage

Postby fck_gooks » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:26 pm

memaru wrote:I am sure that map hackers already know not to fog click.

No joke lol. Any mher with half a brain will turn fog click off, all you will see is delayed/phantom clicks.

Any mher with experience playing without it, and doesn't get greedy already knows how to behave as if he doesn't have it, and will never get caught. I've used it in the past, although I stopped some time ago. I've played a bunch with various forum staff members here (and ex-staff) and was never caught.

Virulence
Donator

Postby Virulence » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:14 am

fck_gooks wrote:
memaru wrote:I am sure that map hackers already know not to fog click.

No joke lol. Any mher with half a brain will turn fog click off, all you will see is delayed/phantom clicks.

Any mher with experience playing without it, and doesn't get greedy already knows how to behave as if he doesn't have it, and will never get caught. I've used it in the past, although I stopped some time ago. I've played a bunch with various forum staff members here (and ex-staff) and was never caught.

if safeclick is on, all fogclicks, delayed or otherwise, will be protected from detectors, but will still show up on DRM and the replay.
lionsblood wrote:...im a professional map maker...

Stealing others' work and calling it your own doesn't make you a professional map maker.

fck_gooks
Resource Storage

Postby fck_gooks » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:43 pm

I don't know a thing about safeclick, or DRM, or a FCD, I've never used them. You are likely correct.

But if the fog click option is turned off, there is no chance of a fog click occuring. One can click on the unit if it is visible, but as soon as it goes into fog, it gets deselected. And a delayed fog click comes up, just like any other player who isn't using a maphack.

When I was using MH, it was rather easy to spot others using it too. At least every other game had a hacker or 2. From my experience, the forum staff isn't even that good at spotting it. They only ban if there is a fog click or if it is extremely blatant.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”