game stats and fairness

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
javierbrown2008
Forest Walker

game stats and fairness

Postby javierbrown2008 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:08 am

So say you enjoy playing a game, lets say, Dota LoD.

and your playing said game and working at it to not die and to level up and get that gold for the good gear..

now say your teammate has stats like this
446.9 267/604 0.35
that's : Elo W/l ratio KD

and he feeds in game after game after game, making which ever team hes on lose..

How is it still fair to let someone play in normal leagues and games when they are just horrid at this game.. I understand that you cant stop them from playing, but cant we make games that they cant be in because of too low of elo or soemthign? when does it become unfair for other players to have to team with this bad of a player?

any thoughts?

NumberOneStunna
Forest Walker

Re: game stats and fairness

Postby NumberOneStunna » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:17 am

I get your point, but if games had a lower bound for ELO, the low ELO players would just make new accounts. And when they do that, you won't know they're on your team. As is, you can avoid them if you like.

javierbrown2008
Forest Walker

Postby javierbrown2008 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:42 am

when dotacash was still around though, they had the 1100+ elo or something but also had to have so many games. so its somewhat avoidable for multis.

I'm just tired of playing with all this crap that you can literally do NOTHIGN about... we just had a game with a 400 elo and a 1800, and still lost..

0 point in doing games like that when someone with 1800 cant even make up for the 400..

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:14 pm

@javierbrown2008

Following your example, since the player has a low elo, you will lose less elo playing with him if you do lose or gain more elo than avg by risk playing with him. You are able to see !scores and !sd stats for a reason. You are the one that makes the choice. Although I could never understand how people can play so bad, especially those who have over 500 games.

Feel free to suggest a 1100+ bot for apem arem or w/e other mode: https://entgaming.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=9
I'd prefer to fill non-em games, but it seems that will be hard to do so.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

javierbrown2008
Forest Walker

Postby javierbrown2008 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:11 pm

@nabo.

I get what your saying too. But then, isn't that then considered stacking? I'm not against stacking to get away from a horrid player, but people only think you stack to get on the team of all the good players..

what I really mean is, if they have such a bad kd and constantly go 0/5+ a game, when is it considered feeding and game ruining?

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:58 pm

@javierbrown2008

Zzz lets try not to go all over the place.

The concept of "stacking" is quite funny in that it is not a big deal.
Other games dont have this since there is a match making system in place. We cannot have this on wc3 unless we get some type of client and a larger player base. So, you gotta live with what you got + nothing wrong with friends playing with others. If they are stacking "elo" and you win = greater the reward. As for them, they would get less elo = fair enough.

No such rule saying stacking is bannable. People simply QQ and cry about one playing with another because many, by habit, look for backup reasonings blaming others as their usual first on the list.

There is indeed a gray area between feeding vs being a noob. However, we only ban if the player is intentionally feeding and refuses to listen/cooperate with others. One instance is not enough. I would have a bit harder time judging a case if a player is consistently bad and may have to question whether this player is truly toxic and deserves a ban, but if a player does terrible and purposely feeds when he normally is pretty good, cases are usually more obvious.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

javierbrown2008
Forest Walker

Postby javierbrown2008 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:55 am

@nabo.

I see what your saying, and those are good points.. I never meant to bring up stacking as a rule break anyways. Just that, well, you have to listen to people qq about it.. Thankfully we have the !ignore option.

but ya... I mean, how does one even get so many hundreds of wins LESS than defeats, and even get an elo that low?

power to them for playing on, but come on, why waste others times when a bot or something else is probably more up their ally.

supersexyy
Donator

Postby supersexyy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:12 am

There will always be players in the bottom 5% of players.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”