Dota v6.84a by dracolich

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
KingKar
Forest Walker

Re: Dota v6.84a by dracolich

Postby KingKar » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:29 pm

@nabo. you did not think this through clearly. this map is killing off more players. Not sure if you and a few friends like this map but the majority of the community hate it. Switch back to 6.81, or if this is your way to move us all to 6.83 then hurry up and do it..

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:35 pm

Bots ent7 ent11 ent38 games are filling fine. ent10 is the one that is filling rather slow. There is no "switch". We hosting both versions atm.
The majority you speak of seems to be people you read about on the forum: mac users and few who hate dota2 meta.

In game, I have heard mix feedbacks both in support and not supporting, but I have heard more ppl liking the changes and new things. Maybe it is because I am hearing feedbacks from people who continue to play 6.84map instead of the 6.81. Too much change is too much to grasp?

Trial will end soon. Cant make everyone happy when trying to make changes. But, we will consider both forum and ingame feedbacks.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

BiLyA
Treant

Postby BiLyA » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:58 pm

idk wtf is happening, for reals. even if that dracolich guy was paying u to promote his shitty map, u should see all these flaws we spotted. items not working properly, heroes bugging, graphics crashing. remove this shit, its not warcraft anymore. we dont want a shit copy of dota2, we can play dota2 on steam. im fed up with this map and all these glitches.

btw, u destroyed the arem community of ent with this map version. they all on other bots now, or on the apem version of the old map bc arem takes too long. grats.
https://youtu.be/jYFefppqEtE Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot 8-)

go_goog
Resource Storage

Postby go_goog » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:21 pm

nabo. wrote:Bots ent7 ent11 ent38 games are filling fine. ent10 is the one that is filling rather slow.

Obviously 10 is filling slow. Everyone who doesn't visit this board doesn't know it hosts the regular arem. If you really wanted to test it you would change the game names to reflect the map and mode. Why write AREM when it clearly is not EM?

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:28 pm

Krkljator_CF wrote:This reminds me of the "DotA -em" discussion.

ENT administrators want one thing, while the community wants the other.

Actually, 6.83 non-em had the MOST votes. The only reason we decided to host both em and non-em anyway was because the amount of players who preferred em games was still significant. We implemented !votemode as a compromise. This time we hosted both versions for a reason.
go_goog wrote:
nabo. wrote:Bots ent7 ent11 ent38 games are filling fine. ent10 is the one that is filling rather slow.

Obviously 10 is filling slow. Everyone who doesn't visit this board doesn't know it hosts the regular arem. If you really wanted to test it you would change the game names to reflect the map and mode. Why write AREM when it clearly is not EM?

If you look at your screen when your game begins during hero pick phase, you will see that the game is "all-random-easy-mode". I stated multiple times that it is the easy mode of 6.84. If you cannot read, that is not my problem.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you read the changelogs, you would understand that there were tons of bugs that the 6.81 map had which were fixed throughout 6.83 to 6.84. Yet, no map is perfect: both 6.81 and 6.84 are maps that still need work. Hero balance and mechanics are a lot better on the newer maps. It is obvious that more changes = more possibility of stability control needed. Aside meepo being glitchy, the map is stable and playable imo. If the map was truly unplayable, we wouldnt have had so many 6.84 games played during the trial period. The trial run gave exposure to newer dota updates.

The only unfairness about the new map is that it is not compatible with mac OS users. The percentage of mac users is not high, but the complaint is legit.

For those hypocrites who talk about dota1 vs dota2, you should know that v6.81 is based on dota2 changes. From what I recall, since 6.79, all dota1 updates have been based on dota2. Dota1 received updates after dota2 got patched first. So, you have been playing an old version of dota2 all along. By your logic, we should be playing 6.78 and below versions. Time to learn that map versions is not what defines "dota1".

The main dota bots (ent11 ent38) will be replaced with icefrog's latest map. It is a version which has been hosted by other dota bots for months.
Clan High@useast

• Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

KingKar
Forest Walker

Postby KingKar » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:55 am

"The main dota bots (ent11 ent38) will be replaced with icefrog's latest map. It is a version which has been hosted by other dota bots for months."

@nabo. why dont we make a poll and vote. why are you forcing this on us. 6.81 arem is currently dead, and it will stay dead if you do this. There are many 6.81 arem players out there what are we supposed to do.

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:01 am

v6.83 is icefrog's official map. The 6.83 complaint about rosh pit location change, two rune spawns, and more tree pathing is based on refusal to adjust and change one's own gameplay. Speaking of hero balance, 6.83 should be better than 6.81. I dont see the big issue here.

A vote? Last time we made a poll, 6.83 non-em had the highest votes. You told me to move on with 6.83, so I am. The map is stable enough to be considered playable. Been hosted on multiple bots for many months. Stop your complaining.
Clan High@useast

KingKar
Forest Walker

Postby KingKar » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:10 am

https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=59613

your wrong nabo. 6.83 non-em had the highest votes because the other 4 options were almost identical. if you would add up all the Em players in the 4 split sections it would add up to 84. 33+23+5+23 = 84. THATS 84 to 81. If you count it like this EM had more votes and thats why you had to continue hosting those bots.

So this clearly shows there were MORE em players community wanted, and i bet if you did the poll again there STILL would be more Em voters.
IMO this is just a dirty trick to get us all to move to 6.83. i said move on to 6.83 because that would be better than 6.84, anything is better than that version. but if there was a choice to go back to 6.81 im sure lots of people would choose that. Thats my final argument.

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:14 am

You should note that other options include both em and nonem. The poll wasnt about strictly "em" vs "non-em", but about the version+ mode people preferred. People did end up arguing about em vs non-em though. Dirty tricks? If it was indeed so, you would be playing non-em 6.83 by now.

ENT will move on with the latest maps.
Clan High@useast

Emperor

Postby Emperor » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:35 am

@nabo

Didn't you say the default map used would be changed to 6.83? Why are the bots still hosting 6.84b...

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:36 am

@Emperor

Because uak is not online. Be patient.
Clan High@useast

pinheadlarry
Forest Walker

Postby pinheadlarry » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:54 am

How come 6.81 is no longer being hosted? only 6.83 and 6.84 are being hosted... Please tell me this is an error. I thought the last poll hosted several weeks ago resolved the issue which was to host 6.81 and the newer map. That was a good solution since ent users could choose what they play! However, once again it appears ent staff want to funnel all dota players onto a single map. I thought ent promoted choice and game diversity. Please restore the 6.81 map and give players the choice to play 6.81 or the newer versions. Choice is what I am advocating for. It is only a win-lose situation if your force all the players into one map since some will be happy and some will be angry and leave. It is a win-win situation if u host 6.81 and the new map since players can choose and both sides can be happy playing the map they like.

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:36 pm

Choice: stick around and adjust or "be angry and leave".

6.83 doesnt have as many changes as 6.84. You will be fine.

If the map was unplayable, you would have an argument on the table. But since this is not the case, play.
Clan High@useast

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”