remove em please

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
tekkaman
Resource Storage

remove em please

Postby tekkaman » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:38 am

There are only 1 - 2 non em games a day now... it was nice for a short while when there were no em games and everyone played ap.
I dont like em games cause I find them too easy. I know most people like em but I wish there were more ap games...

nabo.
Donator

Re: remove em please

Postby nabo. » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:40 am

Many do not understand/realize why em diminishes their overall gaming experience.

Anyway, I hope more people will appreciate non-em games more as we update our dota maps.

A day or two ago, we updated to 6.83d. I think a lot of people do not know how to download and that they gotta download the map on our download bot or externally through getdota.com or other sites.

We will probably update to 6.84 soon once a non-beta version comes out.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:17 pm

Even after they brought back APEM it didn't really hurt AP that much.

When I join AP games now, I see so many people try to join them and then leave as they do not have the map. Bringing back APEM did not kill AP. Updating the map and not allowing it to be downloaded through the game did.

A lot of players do want to play AP. When I tell people about the votemode function, at least 5 players will vote to change it. This does cause about 2 to 3 of the players to lose their shit once the game starts though.

Playing EM is like playing with cheat codes enabled. The only way I think that would balance EM modes is that if end game heroes received less gold per second then early and mid game heroes.

Or just introduce a kill mode with no objectives and the game ends after a set amount of time. Most kills wins. Or give kills for things like killing towers or raxes. Sadly, people do not give two shits about taking towers or winning the game as it does not effect their KDR.

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:31 pm

tinkertonker wrote:Even after they brought back APEM it didn't really hurt AP that much.

When I join AP games now, I see so many people try to join them and then leave as they do not have the map. Bringing back APEM did not kill AP. Updating the map and not allowing it to be downloaded through the game did.

You are right. AP was filling moderately even when apem was back. As we both mentioned, people dont know how to download the map. Thus, download has been enabled on ent22.
A lot of players do want to play AP. When I tell people about the votemode function, at least 5 players will vote to change it. This does cause about 2 to 3 of the players to lose their shit once the game starts though.

This command is useful. We will see what we can do to improve this feature.
Playing EM is like playing with cheat codes enabled. The only way I think that would balance EM modes is that if end game heroes received less gold per second then early and mid game heroes.

Or just introduce a kill mode with no objectives and the game ends after a set amount of time. Most kills wins. Or give kills for things like killing towers or raxes. Sadly, people do not give two shits about taking towers or winning the game as it does not effect their KDR.

Not a great suggestion.
Clan High@useast

• Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

sealman
Forest Walker

Postby sealman » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:20 pm

Yeah, get rid of EM games.

EM games are way more unbalanced. EM favors really good, profesional players. AP games do take longer, but they are more friendly to noobs. If only the noobs would realize this, they'd never play EM again.

I'd play the AP games, but they never fill. The couple of weeks where we only had AP games were golden. I played a lot of really good games, lots of great come-from-behind victories.

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:24 pm

The thing is with Heroes of the Storm becoming more popular, you will lose Dota Players. I know ENT isn't the only Dota hosting site out there, but there needs to be something that sets it apart from say void and others. I really think AP was that thing.

vegeta(ksw)
Armored Tree

Postby vegeta(ksw) » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:18 am

I don't get why you made em mode back in the business...
Actually AP games doesn't fill up for atleast 40 hours !!

MuddaFuddaJones
Basic Tree

Postby MuddaFuddaJones » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:21 pm

I like this and especially for the reason mentioned above. It will set ENT apart from the other bots. You may lose some players initially, others like myself will be happy to change over to -ap and only play -em games now because they fill, and I also believe others will come over from other bots when they know the -ap games will fill regularly. That brief period without -em available really did show more demand for non -em games than I thought existed, it would be great if ENT was the place to revive it.

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:31 pm

For now, please take advantage of the !votemode [mode] feature.
Clan High@useast

privateRyan
Basic Tree

Postby privateRyan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:24 pm

I agree with all the arguments above. AP games are really nice and I really enjoyed the time when ENT hosted only ap. My question is how do you play ap games now if they never fill up? I mean seriously? Do you set a specific time (for example 8pm) and then join the game? Or what? I don't have the whole evening to spend in front of the screen waiting for one game which nobody guarantees is not going to be waste of time at the end. I appreciate the votemode but this refers only to 6.81 ver. I agree with @MuddaFuddaJones since ap games start to fill up relatively quick again it will bring other people from other bots who also enjoy ap game.

mystical_ice
Forest Walker

Postby mystical_ice » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:47 pm

So what you're suggesting is, because no one wants to play AP, take away APEM, forcing people to play AP.

...LOL.

Weird that if AP was so much better, everyone would be playing it, right?

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:03 pm

Use !votemode or play on ent7.

Dota v6.84 is out. Still on beta, but only few bugs with many mechanics/animation fixes.

You will see the hero movements are smoother.
Clan High@useast

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:36 pm

@mystical_ice

In general people like the newer map to once they got used to it. It is much more balanced as well.

A lot of games I find I am able to switch the modes.

LiquidShards
Armored Tree

Re: stop messing with our game mode

Postby LiquidShards » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:34 am

nabo. wrote:Many do not understand/realize why em diminishes their overall gaming experience.

I'd have to disagree with this statement. I actually found AP to "diminish my overall gaming experience". With games often lasting over an hour I had difficulty finding time to play - and then there was often only enough time for only one game since they would so often get drawn out. I used to be able to grab a game of DotA before going out or whatever I had to do next. I like EM because the action is faster paced and every move you make matters more. This makes every last hit, deny, kill, or death even more important in EM.

The arguments for AP just don't hold any water for me. Stop trying to mess with our game mode.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:55 am

I like EM because the action is faster paced and every move you make matters more. This makes every last hit, deny, kill, or death even more important in EM.
It's actually exactly the opposite. however, as with everything, you can subjectively argue for both.

Players and even staff members did not understand the true reasons and the purpose behind the change(s). So there is no need to further discuss this topic as wont reach any consent anyway.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”