WC3 version most alike DotA2

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
memaru
Armored Tree

Re: WC3 version most alike DotA2

Postby memaru » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:33 pm

@Dust

You think losing lane as a Necro versus meepo gives you any right to speak? Losing the game is one thing, but losing 1v1 mid is on you. Plus I wasn't arrogant until Brando thought he was better than 90% of the player pool. I have the credentials to back up my arrogance do you?

@Burn

In all honesty I have to agree with the noobs on most things in -em dota. Warcraft dota and dota 2 are just way too different. I've experimented with many of the "op heroes" in dota 2 and they just don't translate in -em dota. Conversely, none of the "op heroes" in -em dota work at all on in dota 2. I think it's really difficult to just implement -ap dota and hope that the meta equilibrium will also stabilize where dota 2 meta stabilizes and have a balanced game.

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:10 pm

I didn't suggest it for -em. Just for -ap.

-Burn

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:22 pm

@burn

I guess you havent been playing dota the past few days/weeks or been reading the other dota topics.

We are currently hosting both versions.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:17 pm

Nice.

-Burn

ndjj22
Resource Storage

Postby ndjj22 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:01 am

nabo, why would do you think its a good idea to follow dota 2? The game has been out for years, the remaining ENT community is obviously here because they chose not to make the dota 2 switch. If people wanted to play it, they would have already moved on. Although, that is essentially what you are forcing players to do. Choice: adapt or leave? That's a stiff and unfair ultimatum you gave the community.

How can you expect this change to do anything except shrink the ENT player base? Can you offer any insight on the positives changes you expect to result from the new map?

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:11 am

I'm not nabo. and you didn't ask me, but my opinion is that there is a lot more difference between wc3 and dota2 versions than just the balance changelog.

Main difference is a different community, convenience, player base, players not wanting to adapt to DotA2 graphics (different icons and heros) and also because WC3 uses less resources. I don't think too many people will complain about a balance update, unless there are bugs.

-Burn

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:24 pm

@ndjj22

Because 6.83 is more balanced than 6.81 at least.

https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 45#p271178
Read my quote regarding dota1 vs dota2.

All you gotta do is spend few minutes to read the changelog and understand why these changes were made: https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=67333

Why did I want to promote 6.84? New meta, hero balancing, fixed mechanics/animation/bugs.
Feel free to watch videos: http://d1stats.ru/
changelogs: http://d1stats.ru/changelogs.php

Dota2's current version is 6.85 afaik. v6.83 came out from icefrog for dota1. Not sure what your problem is.

Certain people seem to think ent dota1 community will die or something. = Those who think as such are people who know nothing of this community.
Clan High@useast

• Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

ndjj22
Resource Storage

Postby ndjj22 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:31 pm

I don't pay the bills around here so what I think means little. However, it's clear that I underestimated the size of ENT player base. I assumed the small number of activity/posts on this forum (mostly from those speaking out against the new changes) was an indication of the overall community number. Obviously, this is wrong because no administration would offer it's outspoken players a "change or leave" proposal unless they knew a sufficient community would remain in place afterwards.

Take this for what it is worth, opening the door for a portion (regardless of how small it may be estimated) of your player base to leave is never a good idea. I can think of one half dozen former dota bots that came and went over the years.....run by administration that told its community "you know nothing of this community"

dotaworx1
Armored Tree

Postby dotaworx1 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:56 pm

Indeed, hubris was the downfall of many great empires/organizations and it is the one flaw all human beings possess innately.

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:40 pm

ndjj22 wrote:I don't pay the bills around here so what I think means little. However, it's clear that I underestimated the size of ENT player base. I assumed the small number of activity/posts on this forum (mostly from those speaking out against the new changes) was an indication of the overall community number. Obviously, this is wrong because no administration would offer it's outspoken players a "change or leave" proposal unless they knew a sufficient community would remain in place afterwards.

Take this for what it is worth, opening the door for a portion (regardless of how small it may be estimated) of your player base to leave is never a good idea. I can think of one half dozen former dota bots that came and went over the years.....run by administration that told its community "you know nothing of this community"

Everyone's voice does count and we do take them in consideration when marking decisions. Do note though that it is usually those that have an issue that visit the forum. There have been as many positive feedbacks ingame as much as the negative feedbacks I read on the forum.
The people complaining in regards to 6.81 may seem like they are the "majority", but really they arent. There is nothing wrong with trying out new potential maps. Certain people hastily jump the gun when we say we are having a trial.

We often update maps even for other games when original mapmaker(s) update their map. Mapmakers update their map for a reason.

Whether you choose to play on our bots = totally your choice and decision.

dotaworx1 wrote:Indeed, hubris was the downfall of many great empires/organizations and it is the one flaw all human beings possess innately.

It seems you took some history class at school. Seems like you are misusing the word though. So, let me help you: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hubris+definition

---------------------------------------------------------------
All in all, feel free to drop by ent chat once you are able to present actual points regarding the dota maps themselves convincing me why v6.81 is superior or better.
Clan High@useast

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”