WC3 version most alike DotA2

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Burn
Protector of Nature

WC3 version most alike DotA2

Postby Burn » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:10 am

http://d1stats.ru/

@nabo. told me that this site has most of DotA2 changes, unlike Icefrog's old version. (more information here)

My questions:

For those of you who have played these versions,
1) Are they stable?
2) Is it accurate to DotA2 versions?
3) Bugs? Glitches?
4) Main differences to DotA2?

For ENT ( @nabo. @uakf.b @aRty )
1) Why aren't we hosting this version instead of the outdated Icefrog WC3 versions?

-Burn

Enterprise1
Forest Walker

Re: WC3 version most alike DotA2

Postby Enterprise1 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:40 pm

I agree with you @Burn totally agreed. I played that that have changelogs from dota2 its kinda awesome. :D
بث الفيديو المباشر

EmoGirl
Resource Storage

Postby EmoGirl » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:54 pm

Its hosted but nobody join lobby did w8 like 40 mins few people join download and leave. Played few games on russian bot feels like apem mode on steroids even tho we played -ap 8-). Found no significant bugs and all items seems to work. And yeah Legion passive is fixed so no 4 hits in row sry legion players :(.

Enterprise1
Forest Walker

Postby Enterprise1 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:42 pm

I had only two: When, ent bots were offline a week ago.
بث الفيديو المباشر

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:07 pm

It is currently being hosted on ent7.

The game does fill, but only at certain times.

I would prefer to follow the dota2 meta, but it seems there are people who refuse to do so, especially due to newer maps being non-em.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:10 pm

nabo. wrote:I would prefer to follow the dota2 meta, but it seems there are people who refuse to do so, especially due to newer maps being non-em.

The updated version doesn't have -em? That seems like a major design flaw...

-Burn

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:15 pm

Map is stable. A lot of the old dota glitches that icefrog could not fix got fixed. A lot of the animation and mechanics were smoothed out. dracolich, the main map maker, used to do translation for the icefrog maps and he is one of the map makers for dota lod. He is a good coder and has produced a stable version after a long beta period. There used to be a concern that not all dota2 changes were applicable and portable due to wc3's old engine, but he was able to code and implement all if not most changes. The current and latest patch is 6.84b. You can read his changelogs and compare them to dota2 changelogs. Every update has some bugs, but its about its stability and whether its playable. dracolich is a lot more active and available than icefrog.

It has -em, but it does not do anything = non-em.

All of the changes on dota2 are based on non-em. All of the faster income + sceptor abilities + hero + meta changes were designed for non-em. -em games will break a lot of the balances and trash the game. IF you want to play -em, you should not even bother asking for an updated patch corresponding to dota2 changes and just continue playing older patches like 6.78 which is more balanced for -em games.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:36 pm

Isn't -em in pubs like super uber extremely unbalanced for late game heros anyway that adding those changes won't even matter that much? Maybe even balance it more since Void/Meepo (both super OP in -em will get nerfed because other scepter heroes are buffed)

-Burn

Emperor

Postby Emperor » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:21 am

@nabo
@Burn

Are you guys keeping track of the fill rates on games since launching 6.84b? It's amazing how slow games are to fill now because of the discontent with the new map. My question is this. Why host a map that is essentially Dota 2? If we wanted to play Dota 2 we would? I also have a problem with an AREM game being hosted with the old title when this map doesn't have an EM mode. People are getting duped into playing this map in "EM" mode.

"It has -em, but it does not do anything = non-em." - nabo

There are bugs all over the place just like the first time this was tried out several months ago and you have heroes like Huskar who can now stack burning spears with lifesteal...

All I ask is that you change the AREM games back to hosting 6.81d and by all means keep 6.84b hosted on AP games which is clearly the only mode that it is built for.

Many thanks,

Emp

Brando
Forest Walker

Postby Brando » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:56 am

@Burn

There is nothing wrong with the new mode, and it is really 100 percent a better version. The only people that are complaining are the scrubs that can't handle it and feed every game. They use the new "version" as a scapegoat. The new mode will probably not last considering how 90 percent of the player base are too awful to adapt to change.

Emperor

Postby Emperor » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:17 am

So Brando I'm just curious why don't you go play Dota 2?

And if 90% of us "scrubs" don't want this new map then clearly they should get rid of it or solely host AP games as I have stated in my previous comment on this thread. If you have a rebuttal I would be all ears.

go_goog
Resource Storage

Postby go_goog » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:41 am

He will. He won't have a choice once the playerbase dwindles

memaru
Armored Tree

Postby memaru » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:07 am

Why does Brando talk as if he's above the 90 percent trash players?

Dust
Armored Tree

Postby Dust » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:57 am

memaru wrote:Why does Brando talk as if he's above the 90 percent trash players?

Do you think spamming meepo in em pubs gives you the right to be this arrogant?

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:05 pm

The reason why I made this topic is because I play DotA2, and I want to get into the WC3 scene because I want to mess around in pubs. I hover around high and occasionally very high when queuing, so I'm around top 15% of Oceania DotA2 players. My top MMR is 3700, currently dropped to 3.4k due to inactivity. I want to come back to WC3 to fuck around around with you guys, help ENT ban maphackers and learn the WC3DotA rules for ban requests.

"There are bugs all over the place just like the first time this was tried out several months ago and you have heroes like Huskar who can now stack burning spears with lifesteal..." That's intended in DotA2 though. Huskar isn't OP in DotA2 atm.

I want to convince ENT to switch to this version because it is more balanced, and has many quality of life changes that makes most heroes more fun. There is a reason why people don't moan about the DotA2 changes that much, because IceFrog is doing a brilliant job balancing DotA2.

I think it's worth it to test change the current -AP ENT version to this map. Thoughts?

Also, please guys, stay on topic.

@nabo. @hyo

-Burn

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”