New Map on ent7

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
snumpydooo
Armored Tree

New Map on ent7

Postby snumpydooo » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:12 pm

Why did you guys make the one bot that mac users can play on - use a map that mac users can't play on? I could play on ent7 up until this morning :////////.

nabo.
Donator

Re: New Map on ent7

Postby nabo. » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:24 pm

We switched ent11 ent38 to v6.83 which is ice frog's latest versions and compatible with mac OS.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

meow_mix
Basic Tree

Postby meow_mix » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:10 am

It saddens me to think that even though you have the choice to please both those who want to keep 6.81, and those who want continued updates, you still choose to accommodate only one side. There was nothing wrong with the way things used to be. The bots hosting 6.81 were filling up at a quick acceptable rate, yet for some reason they have been "assimilated". Why is it that you choose to get rid of 6.81 even though demand for it is apparent? The reason that I continued to play DOTA on WC3 and not move to DOTA 2, was because I despised DOTA 2’s incessant need to pump out new updates. I am very busy for over half of the year, thus meaning I am unable to play much DOTA during these times. However, when I do finally get some free time, I would like to be able to come back to DOTA and play without having to read through hours of change logs. All I ask is that you keep things the way they were, hosting both the old map and the new map. Give the community the power to decide which version they would rather play.

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:16 pm

https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 45#p271178

v6.83 came out a while ago for dota1 actually. Sorry to break your bubbles, but you have been playing an old dota2 patch.

You do not need hours to read changelogs. You just need few minutes. You should actually try it, instead of "assuming".

Most people who are not so "technical" with game mechanics, simply skim through the lines they think is interesting and learn the rest by playing games. Not sure how good you are, but some change aint bad for competition and growth. You say you dont like "frequent" change, but dota1 map gets an update like every 1-2 year, so...I'll just assume you are being stubborn and refusing to adjust and try new things.

It should be obvious that we host the map with better balance. Currently, games are filling at a good rate.
Clan High@useast

• Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

ndjj22
Resource Storage

Postby ndjj22 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:09 am

"Why is it that you choose to get rid of 6.81 even though demand for it is apparent?"

great question that nabo has side stepped throughout each forum thread (most of which he locked). There is a demand, why won't ENT satisfy it?

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:27 am

Because it is not the clear majority, change in meta promotes competition and growth, and 6.83 is the better map. Pretty sure I wrote my reasons. Even though it is unfortunate that Icefrog is no longer active with updating dota1 map, I do appreciate and respect all the updates he has released. If there is an update and the map is better, I'll promote it, naturally.

We have updated to new maps many many times before as long as there werent game breaking bugs whether it is dota map or any other custom games autohosted ent map. You seem to question this procedure.

I am getting tired of certain individuals posting about the same thing and talking in circles with their generalizations before even bothering to read the changelog(s). If you cannot make points regarding the map itself and why it is better or not, please stop bothering to post. As I said, feel free to approach me on chat for a discussion since clearly I am not getting any effective arguments here.
Clan High@useast

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”