Rehost DotA 6.81d

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.

Would you like to see the classic version of DotA (6.81d) hosted as an additional option?

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 54

Snufalufagus
Resource Storage

Rehost DotA 6.81d

Postby Snufalufagus » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:23 am

There is a lot of support from players for the classic version of DotA that we know and love, 6.81d. Please dedicate some priority on the bots to host that version of the game. The new versions are drastically different, and if some people like them and want to continue playing them, than so be it. Host several versions instead of completely phasing out classic DotA. There are many players that strongly prefer classic DotA. The new versions are more similar to DotA 2; if people really wanted to play it, they'd do that instead. By not hosting the classic version, you are essentially conceding to DotA 2. You will certainly lose a lot of players who simply don't want to play the new versions; myself included. Please consider my thoughts; as they are shared by many. Thank you

nabo.
Donator

Re: Rehost DotA 6.81d

Postby nabo. » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:30 am

Any comment with empty arguments and/or useless feedback will be deleted. Strictly only talk about the map versions.

Just vote. Keep it simple.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

Totochoco
Basic Tree

Postby Totochoco » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:44 am

I have adjusted to 6.83. No more op LC. Keep it how it is. No need to divide playerbase.

KingKar
Forest Walker

Postby KingKar » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:00 am

6.81 isnt even classic dota. this topic doesnt make sense. 6.79 is classic only after that version they started copying dota 2.

Snufalufagus
Resource Storage

Postby Snufalufagus » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:30 am

Last time I checked, there are currently two new versions of DotA that are being hosted; 6.83 and 6.84. Why not continue to host one of these new versions as well as the old version, 6.81. The player base is already greatly divided on this issue; so why not appease both groups of players? No one is being denied the ability to play the new version; many players simply want to play the old version instead. Why should those who want to play the old version be ignored? The old version and new version are so drastically different, that they are essentially two different games. The old being the most updated version of classic DotA, and the new version is Dota 2, just on Warcraft. The powers that be are slowly forcing old DotA players from WC into DotA 2, because that can actually be monetized; think about it.

Hatedmaru

Postby Hatedmaru » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:28 am

Even though i've played 6.81 for quite a long time, and can understand why most people prefer that version, i still gotta say 6.83 is way more balanced (i actually prefer 6.84 due to the several aghanims upgrades, new items, heroes reworks - i believe this one is actually more balanced than 6.83 to be honest) than 6.81 - Meepo/LC are still overpowered in my honest opinion (even with LC passive fixed), but truth is they reworked other heroes/items so that you have better chances to stop them, and balance overall and not make a 1 sided game depending on picks.

With that being said, if we really wanted to go classic dota, we would be playing long before 6.81, but we all liked the updates with all the versions that came out (and i generally still do - Tuskar at 6.84 with that walrus kick (which pushes back a unit 900 units away and slows for 40% for 4/5 seconds) is just awesome :P)

Give it a try, and i'm pretty sure you will like both these new versions and their updates/reworks (Voted no).

teampumps2
Basic Tree

Postby teampumps2 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:33 am

Old version wayyyy better, I do not like the new version too many changes. Please bring back the old....

Budakai
Basic Tree

Postby Budakai » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:24 am

It would be a great idea to continue hosting 6.81d. If there is so much demand for it among players, it makes sense to continue hosting it as an option. I voted yes!

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:11 am

I can see your new accounts voting.
Clan High@useast

• Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

Snufalufagus
Resource Storage

Postby Snufalufagus » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:56 am

There is still a significant number of people who want to play the old version. Why not give the option for people to play the one they prefer, and let the game statistics speak for themselves? We're not asking you to remove the new version; just host 6.81d like before, and let players choose for themselves what they'd like to play. The old version vs. the new version are literally two different games. If you strongarm players into a new version, ENT will certainly lose player base. There was such a backlash the last time that 6.81d was removed, that it was quickly reinstated. Even between 6.81d and 6.84, the former game lobbies filled up significantly faster.

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:44 pm

Snufalufagus wrote:Even between 6.81d and 6.84, the former game lobbies filled up significantly faster.

You are wrong here. 6.84 was put on ent11 and ent38 while 6.81 was put on ent7 and ent10. Even after few days, 6.84 apem was filling a lot faster while 6.81 was filling ok. 6.81 arem wasnt filling at all while 6.84 arem was filling ok. = which is why people complained about "my 6.81 is not filling fast enough".

There are a lot of players willing to move on from 6.81 and a lot of other players who prefer the newer versions. The 6.81 die hard proportion of the community is the not the majority from what I have seen. If your argument is correct, as you stated, our playerbase would have gone down and our number of game fills would have decreased. Looking at bot statistics, doesnt look like it.

As I stated before, if you are not going to talk about the maps themselves, you are wasting time.
This topic is for mere consideration.
Clan High@useast

Snufalufagus
Resource Storage

Postby Snufalufagus » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:38 pm

"Even after few days, 6.84 apem was filling a lot faster while 6.81 was filling ok. 6.81 arem wasnt filling at all while 6.84 arem was filling ok. = which is why people complained about "my 6.81 is not filling fast enough"

You mention arem, but how about apem? I don't think the results are the same.

Regardless of what the majority is OK with, there is still a significant player base who prefers 6.81 to the newer versions. Is this a majority rules situation? Or can both parties be satisfied playing the game they enjoy spending time on. The different versions are effectively different games, and many players choose not to play a new game, myself included. There doesn't seem to be harm in hosting apem with 6.81along with the new versions, if they are still filling at a good clip.

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:09 pm

I already said that your assumptions are wrong and explained why. Having many versions from the same mapmaker is not ideal.

You seem to continue repeating points I have heard from previous topics. Dont. Talk about the maps themsevles if you want to.

Poll will end on Sep 15th and I will also update about whether our playerbase has reduced or not due to the new maps (based on one week statistics).
Clan High@useast

Gauss
Basic Tree

Postby Gauss » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:15 am

I'd rather ENT rehosts version 6.81d, since the runes only used to spawn in one of the two sides, allowing to spot MHers and report them real quick. (Yeah I know you can check for fog clicks, but rune checking gives a direct in-game hint that someone may be cheating). Now it's gonna be harder. Suspicious ganks don't count ("hurr durr skills noob"), which only leaves fog-click checking...

Snufalufagus
Resource Storage

Postby Snufalufagus » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:34 pm

I am curious to know what the statistics say about the effect on player base for the new maps. I myself have only played 1 game on the new map, (1st and last); not playing a different game.. it is simply not DotA. It is a permutation of Dota 2 on WC. My clan members and friends on WC are also boycotting playing the new maps. I would find it hard to believe that there are MORE people playing the new maps, when there are many players that are refusing to play until ENT hosts 6.81 again.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”