Rehost DotA 6.81d

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.

Would you like to see the classic version of DotA (6.81d) hosted as an additional option?

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 54

dotaworx1
Armored Tree

Re: Rehost DotA 6.81d

Postby dotaworx1 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:40 pm

@Snufalufagus Yes, it is DotA, and DotA changes. Get used to it - adapt and overcome. The changes are fun, give it a try - even if you get owned a few times.

Snufalufagus
Resource Storage

Postby Snufalufagus » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

@dotaworx1 How about I spend my time playing the game that I like to enjoy (6.81), or I don't play at all (6.83 and 6.84). And you can spend your time playing whatever game you'd like. I will not be forced into playing a new game, (and yes it is indeed a new game, this is not DotA on WC, it is Dota 2 on WC.)

dotaworx1
Armored Tree

Postby dotaworx1 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:22 pm

@Snufalufagus After only one game you really can't make such claims. Sure, things are different, but those differences are good and bad, and this has been a constant part of playing DotA. Nothing you have said contradicts that simple fact.

Snufalufagus
Resource Storage

Postby Snufalufagus » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:45 am

@dotaworx1 You must not be reading what I have been explaining, but I'll respond to your banter with a simple answer for you to ponder. The new versions of DotA, (namely 6.83 and 6.84) are permutations of DotA 2 on WC. DotA on WC has been an ever-evolving game, yes. However, with the dawn of DotA 2 (a different game), the changes that have been made in the versions of the WC game have been aligning closer and closer to DotA 2. If I wanted to play Dota 2, I would simply play that game instead. The game that I choose to play is DotA on WC, so I will not play the new versions; I will simply stop playing if that is the case. By all means, play whatever game you'd like, no one is forcing you. But I will not be herded into a game that I don't enjoy playing, that is for damn sure; I have better uses of my time. This feeling is a common one among players; hence such resistance to ENT halting 6.81 games. I believe that ENT will accommodate their player base; it's just a matter of time.

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:52 am

In the past roshan location was different too. I guess thats also some other dota?
For those hypocrites who talk about dota1 vs dota2, you should know that v6.81 is based on dota2 changes. From what I recall, since 6.79, all dota1 updates have been based on dota2. Dota1 received updates after dota2 got patched first. So, you have been playing an old version of dota2 all along. By your logic, we should be playing 6.78 and below versions. Time to learn that map versions is not what defines "dota1".
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

Snufalufagus
Resource Storage

Postby Snufalufagus » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:26 pm

We can talk for hours about when the exact change from DotA 1 to DotA 2 is, but frankly, it doesn't matter. The most noticeable difference is from 6.81 onward, and that is why there is so much resistance to the new versions and demand to bring it back. I'd be happy playing any version 6.81 or prior, but I believe 6.81 is the "last" version that constitutes as DotA 1. The map version is certainly what defines DotA 1 vs DotA 2. Why should players have to assimilate if they don't want to? I could; others could. But we'd rather not.. I'm personally holding out until there is a resolution one way or the other. If 6.81 comes back, I'll play. If not, I'll hang up my boots of travel, and move on. We'll see how the numbers look, I can't imagine that more people are playing DotA now than before though; since this is a feeling shared by many.

dotaworx1
Armored Tree

Postby dotaworx1 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:48 pm

@Snufalugfagus
DotA on WC has been an ever-evolving game

DotA is still an "ever-evolving" game and It is time to evolve or uninstall. No one is hosting older map versions and at least ENT is willing to entertain your nonsense. Just for that, you should play more than one game before contradicting yourself with further comments.

Snufalufagus
Resource Storage

Postby Snufalufagus » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:26 pm

@dotaworx1 Haha, thank you for advising me to uninstall the game because I choose not to conform to forced change; you are quite constructive, your post is invaluable to me and all of the others who feel same. If you more-carefully read my other posts on the thread, you'll clearly see where I stand, and there is no contradiction whatsoever. It is quite simple, pay attention: We want to play DotA on WC, not DotA 2 on WC. There is a large player base who PREFER to play 6.81 because it is NOT the new version which resembles DotA 2 (a different game entirely). I am not going to advise you or anyone to uninstall the game, play a different game, or conform to change. I will just say play whatever game YOU enjoy spending your time playing, and I'll do the same. That is all I'm asking for..

Brando
Forest Walker

Postby Brando » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:05 am

@Snufalufagus

JUST SO YOU KNOW, 6.83 IS NOT DOTA 2. 6.84 IS DOTA 2. 6.81 is literally JUST like 6.83 with the added runes and balancing of heroes. LC is way more balanced in 6.83 and so is many other heroes. You should realize that and for the last goddamn time, 6.83 is NOT the version dota 2 is using. They are 6.84. i have no idea why im sending you this reply. I have no idea how you dota players can't just realize that 6.83 is more balanced and refreshing than the outdated and broken 6.81 map. You all should just go play league of legends if u argue against this change.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed cursing/trolling

KingKar
Forest Walker

Postby KingKar » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:20 am

@brando

You have serious anger issues. The community wants to play the version they like more. if 6.81 is more likeable and getting more votes than thats that. Back long time ago their was a huge change from 6.78 to 6.81 with the huge change of gold and xp reduced. You cant even be higher level than the GAME time anymore. That is the furthest we will ever adapt, last stand no more. Its enough we had to deal with the past few version changes. But the roshan pit and map changes is unnecessary. Nobody was complaining about rosh pit and secret shops. The only good argument u have is LC and meep being balanced, which is it really. The numbers are piling in and it looks like there is gonna be a landslide vote. Not suprised.

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:04 am

It has been over 7 days. Result: 24 yes 30 no.

Conclusion: Not enough "yes" votes to reconsider v6.81.

I will no longer put energy replying any topics concerning v6.81.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”