Fountain Farming

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
ProjectPat
Forest Walker

Fountain Farming

Postby ProjectPat » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:45 pm

I've been told fountain farming Is no longer a ban. Like wow... Really? Not sure if its true or not but why would that be considered acceptable for the average player to have to deal with. We all know that some players have terrible kdr due to their own lack of skill. But to take decent players vs a obviously stacked team with considerably better players and allow some to farm the fountain for kills to ruin a guys day is uncalled for at the very least. I do not approve of any person who fountain farms at end game. What happened to honor in a win with respect.
Ask not what dota can do for you.. but what you can do for dota

Hatedmaru

Re: Fountain Farming

Postby Hatedmaru » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:09 pm

Well yes fountain farm is allowed, still enemies (also know as team suffering from the fountain farm) have the possibility to !ff if they believe there's no chance to comeback (Not all votes are required - 4 out of 5 so even if 1 refuses to, team can still !ff).

If you're part of the team that is fountain farming and you dont approve them doing it .. well there's also a solution to that :P :

http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?title=EntGaming:DotARules

You may use spells/items on teammates to push them into the fountain when they are fountain farming.

You may fountain farm, but you will be at your own risk, so if anyone (like me for example) decides to force you in, or toss, etc - it's your own fault for trying to fountain farm and not ending =)

LittlePine
Forest Walker

Postby LittlePine » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:21 pm

Hyo wrote:Well yes fountain farm is allowed, still enemies (also know as team suffering from the fountain farm) have the possibility to !ff if they believe there's no chance to comeback (Not all votes are required - 4 out of 5 so even if 1 refuses to, team can still !ff).

If you're part of the team that is fountain farming and you dont approve them doing it .. well there's also a solution to that :P :

http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?title=EntGaming:DotARules

You may use spells/items on teammates to push them into the fountain when they are fountain farming.

You may fountain farm, but you will be at your own risk, so if anyone (like me for example) decides to force you in, or toss, etc - it's your own fault for trying to fountain farm and not ending =)

Agreed, exactly what i was thinking. It's also a lot harder to fountain farm with the new update these days, the base is now on a hill, as well as the fountain attack range has like +300 more range now, so hero's like sniper cant just sit and auto attack. But like hyo said, if you really dont like it, !ff and sit in the corner until everyone else !ff's
"Love your enemies. It makes them so damned mad." - P.D. East
"Stupidity is far more fascinating than intelligence, after all intelligence has it's limits."
"Quantity is what you count, quality is what you count on."
-Love-

ProjectPat
Forest Walker

Postby ProjectPat » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:35 pm

I didn't know about the fountain attack range, or the hill. More acceptable to me now. Thanks
Ask not what dota can do for you.. but what you can do for dota

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:57 pm

If you cannot fight the enemy team out of your own fountain/base, you should be forfeiting. People can fountain farm for stats, but they can also fountain farm to stall you from getting to raxes. "Stats farming" also goes both ways: forfeiting the game is the fastest way to end the game saving your time and stats...possibly dying less. There are obviously pros and cons, but the fact that fountain farm is a common happening in pub games is undeniable. Moderating fountain farming only created more ban requests.

The !ff requirement has been reduced from 5/5 to 4/5. So, even if someone does refuse to forfeit or afk grieves at fountain, the team can forfeit.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

shooterball
Armored Tree

Postby shooterball » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:28 pm

nabo. wrote:If you cannot fight the enemy team out of your own fountain/base, you should be forfeiting. People can fountain farm for stats, but they can also fountain farm to stall you from getting to raxes. "Stats farming" also goes both ways: forfeiting the game is the fastest way to end the game saving your time and stats...possibly dying less. There are obviously pros and cons, but the fact that fountain farm is a common happening in pub games is undeniable. Moderating fountain farming only created more ban requests.

The !ff requirement has been reduced from 5/5 to 4/5. So, even if someone does refuse to forfeit or afk grieves at fountain, the team can forfeit.

@nabo.

Is there any way to change the forfeit setting from 10 minutes to 20 minutes?

I have played 2500 games on this bot and I have come to notice that a lot of times people forfeit before the T2 towers have been killed.

And usually one or two people want to ff and the others just follow behind.

It is not fair for someone like me who has seen game momentum swing in either direction multiple times.

I mean i have won games after being supercreeped.

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:02 pm

@shooterball

Originally !ff was available since 0 minutes. I tried hard to make the forfeit option to be available after 10 minutes. Anything longer wasnt approved back then. Probably since games are -em...10min is ok. I would have wanted all games to be non-em and ff available after 30 minutes honestly.

Reference: https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... it=Forfeit
Clan High@useast

• Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

shooterball
Armored Tree

Postby shooterball » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:59 am

@nabo.

I dont just give up unless its clearly out of reach so it is annoying that 4/5 can ff when the game isnt over.

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:44 am

shooterball wrote:@nabo.

I dont just give up unless its clearly out of reach so it is annoying that 4/5 can ff when the game isnt over.

Well tats something ull have to live with. The number of cases where a team forfeits when a game is clearly not over is quite low or rare in comparison to cases where one would refuse to ff or fountain farm. All you can do is communicate and lead the team so such situation will not happen.

I normally never liked the forfeit command. I prefer the days when i could play as long as i want and until either base goes down.
Clan High@useast

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”