My personal build for carry heroes

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
brandyrocks
Aura Tree

My personal build for carry heroes

Postby brandyrocks » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:58 am

Hello I'm brandyrocks. Been playing dota since there were beacons or circles where u drag the wisp there to choose ur hero.

I would like to give some advice to pub players out there on some carry build that is more stable and balanced than mom basher on riki or slark.

Troll- aquilia, phase boots, dominator, sny, skadi or/and bkb depending on the situation. When aquilia is sold and phase boots becomes travel, and dominator becomes satanic, last item depends on the situation. Blink if iniation is needed or mkb to counter evasion. If ur in mid lane bottle should be purchased instead of aquilia. you may go both but not very efficient.

Sniper- aquilia, phase, mom, sny, skadi, last 2 items are situational such as bkb or blink or mkb or crits.

slark and riki - treads, aquilia, sny, skadi, you might have to go for bkb before skadi depending on the situation. Again last two items after travel and aquilia are rid of are situational.

Juggernaut- same as sniper. I often get refresher orb as the luxury item. In order for this build to work, u must skill 1,1,1 on the skills and go for stats due to mana problems. Ofc ult should be raised everytime. After lvl 8 or 9 U should start maxing the crits.

Now some radiance carries- naga, spec, terrorblade(sometimes)

If ur naga mid go for bottle and basic boots then start gethering gold for radiance. only skill 1 lvl of ensnare, max rip tide first. Illusions should be used only or mainly to dodge skills. (Qop shadow strike for ex). after bottle radiance and boots, if ur team is losing badly you should work on ur heart (or skadi) to block incoming high ground pushes. If not, boots of travel is the way to go. Make sure you spread ur illusions to jungles and lanes to maximize farm. Also carry tps in case gank comes so u can sleep and tp out.

Spec- phase, rad, heart, diffusal (or skadi), I personally go for multiple hearts or ac. If ur having hard time in laning phase you should stay passive and give up tier 1 tower.
Spec is horrible in laning phase, not my favourite hero.

Terrorblade- I do get criticized for getting rad on this hero but if ur good at using illusions to split push or clear jungle camps it's very effective and inflates ur farm rate heavily. However, note that if ur going for rad on this hero u should raise one slow max metamorphsis and ult and rest are stats. You get your illusion skill when uve finished ur radiance or about to. Tb is very squishy thats why stats build is required when going rad.

Note* some ppl tries to critize me for stacking orb effects on melee heroes like mom and skadi on jugg or troll with dominator and skadi. These two orb effects DO stack even on melee heroes. I can guarantee you that.

Thanks for listening. Sorry for vague builds that depends on the opponents you are facing but thats what dota is. Also I havent had much time to put details on skill builds. I will answer them later if u wish to know. Thanks for reading, I will answer any questions on the best of my ability.

Frank
Forest Walker

Re: My personal build for carry heroes

Postby Frank » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:05 pm

Most of your builds are ok, but i just wanna suggest that on spec u get phase urn rad manta refresher. you really dont need diffusal unless u going against repel/ghost.

BiLyA
Treant

Postby BiLyA » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:44 pm

i generally agree, but treads > phases bc u cant crit or bash when ur phased
on troll i usually go bfly after treads sny dom and skadi or bkb and let mkb for last item
on slark i go treads drum-aquilla then dagger or lothars, then skadi basher bfly, maybe bkb or linken on some games
on sniper i go treads aquilla sny mjolnir skadi bfly basher-mkb, maybe dagger for better positioning, but never crit bc it wont proc same hit with bash
u should try spectre with urn rad manta skadi heart and bfly or abyssal depending the situation, shits too strong lol

i would like to know your build on carries that kinda need midas for fast lvl16 like skeleton king. as for me, i usually go jungle and get midas, treads, sny armlet desol ac abyssal and mkb to counter evasion when i sell midas and armlet on late game. sometimes tho i go ganker-initiator build treads bm dagger mjollnir ac abyssal
with dragon knight when im mid i get bottle treads drum, then lothars bkb ac crit satani, when im safe lane midas treads sny bkb ac crit satanic

i also started playing mort with treads, drum-sny or armlet for some early hp, vlads desol and its funny as hell, u get huge crits that one shot enemies too early in the game xD
https://youtu.be/jYFefppqEtE Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot 8-)

ForsakeMe
Treant

Postby ForsakeMe » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:38 pm

5 divines is ok + refresher

supersexyy
Donator

Postby supersexyy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:03 pm

Shadowblade stronk on slark.
And what noobs let u farm radi with such a weak laner (tblade).

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:19 pm

I would say that all builds are conditional. Like, if I was facing 5 spellcasters, I might go BKB as my second or third item on Sniper, which would be a worthless build vs. 5 agi carries. Or trade Buriza for MKB, if I am facing a Mort or butterfly-heavy team. The only item that you always need is basically just boots, upgraded in some way. Even staples like MoM on sniper can be bad in certain games.

I also don't think SNY is a good choice on Sniper, because he has two in-built slowing abilities.

Radiance on TB will put you at about 600 HP by the time you finish it. Stats might get you to 700-800. This is the problem I have with radiance - rushing it leaves you extremely vulnerable unless you have a way of surviving and using it simultaneously, like Panda's split or Phoenix's sun.

BiLyA
Treant

Postby BiLyA » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:18 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Radiance on TB will put you at about 600 HP by the time you finish it. Stats might get you to 700-800. This is the problem I have with radiance - rushing it leaves you extremely vulnerable unless you have a way of surviving and using it simultaneously, like Panda's split or Phoenix's sun.

i love rad on tb too, i go norm boots, aquilla, drum then farm rad mostly in jungle with the help of my illusions. u clearly need good warding tho to avoid ganks early. when u actually have rad tho, with travels u can push 2 lanes while u still jungling and get 6 slotted in no time while opponnents cant group up and push in order to deal with ur splitpushing. after rad, i usually go manta skadi and then depending on the game- butterfly, heart(bkb), mkb, even satanic sometimes. the only real backfire to this build is that your teammates cant farm shit lolz, so u basically need a team consisted of good gankers and initiators that can defend highground(wyvern for example) to keep enemies off while u doing your thing.

Rak
Resource Storage

Postby Rak » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:21 pm

Yy I protest terrablade alltiems ty.

Stealth assasen need rush Dagon 5...

BiLyA
Treant

Postby BiLyA » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:00 pm

Rak wrote:Yy I protest terrablade alltiems ty.

Stealth assasen need rush Dagon 5...

giff guide pls, i make veil too end blade of etherals. stelth assasinate very imba he invis alltiem i can no find he.
i think these build right https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=6833808

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”