Let's talk about pub Dota

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
BiLyA
Treant

Re: Let's talk about pub Dota

Postby BiLyA » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:05 pm

stop going
mana boots on storm - obsidian
hood on huskar
orchid on silencer
mom-lothars on troll
vlads mek on meepo
6 boots on weaver (oh wait, thats me 8-) )

also stop rushing aghs on jugger and mjollnir on leoric
https://youtu.be/jYFefppqEtE Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot 8-)

rewarding
Aura Tree

Postby rewarding » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:47 pm

Frank wrote:I just wanna throw some random opinions I have about pub dota in this thread.

1. pubs think that if ur going mid lane u must automatically be warding for the rest of the game.
2. pubs think that the mid lane is the only lane that needs to rotate for ganks b4 t1s are down.
3. pubs try to contest bounty runes with weak level 1 heroes like sf/invoker vs strong hereos like gyro/tree prewave spawn and usually end up giving Fb instead of giving up the bounty and in return getting a better lane equilibrium by blocking the creeps.
4. pubs take way 2 long to get out base and buy starting items especially in ar mode.
5. pubs dont seem to understand that slows are way stronger then stuns the first few waves of the laning stage. I see too many people skilling icepath over dual breath on jakiro for example.
6. smoke of deciet is used only 1/100k pub games. people should start using it more. also its the only antimaphack counter, since I was told that u cant see smoke ganks with mh. this might need more verifying tho. lol.
7. mana/hp regen effeciency is non existent. like tread switching dropping stat items when bottling etc. in the same vein of effeciency stacking jungle or ancients is rarely done. maybe accidentally. what i see more often then not is people blocking camps from spawning with their autopilot movements.
8. im not gona talk about item builds and metagame since this is dota 1, but when i still see stuff like arcane boots tinker or bottle rushing mid lane with no courier shared or bought, i cry a little.
9. if u splitpush in pubs more often then not ur gona get blamed for not helping ur team when they try to fight 10 miles into enemy territory and ur a hero like am who is still 2 weak for a 5v5 fight.
10. ill add more later as i think of them

This sums up 99% of pub dota games. Like especially #1, 2, and 9. Man, I get so cheesed when that mid nevermore rotates bot to gank when the chances of the gank succeeding is doubtful. The amount of farm and xp wasted, your mid t1 going down like 7 mins in, and their mid hero just ballin out of control: an absolute shit show.

What really irks me is when the other team has something like dirge and sk, and someone on your team is like "we must push, all gather mid," LOL and i'm like "oh man, this is gonna turn south, really fucking fast." teemsuk gg

greenmtn
Forest Walker

Postby greenmtn » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:57 pm

rewarding wrote:
Frank wrote:I just wanna throw some random opinions I have about pub dota in this thread.

1. pubs think that if ur going mid lane u must automatically be warding for the rest of the game.
2. pubs think that the mid lane is the only lane that needs to rotate for ganks b4 t1s are down.
3. pubs try to contest bounty runes with weak level 1 heroes like sf/invoker vs strong hereos like gyro/tree prewave spawn and usually end up giving Fb instead of giving up the bounty and in return getting a better lane equilibrium by blocking the creeps.
4. pubs take way 2 long to get out base and buy starting items especially in ar mode.
5. pubs dont seem to understand that slows are way stronger then stuns the first few waves of the laning stage. I see too many people skilling icepath over dual breath on jakiro for example.
6. smoke of deciet is used only 1/100k pub games. people should start using it more. also its the only antimaphack counter, since I was told that u cant see smoke ganks with mh. this might need more verifying tho. lol.
7. mana/hp regen effeciency is non existent. like tread switching dropping stat items when bottling etc. in the same vein of effeciency stacking jungle or ancients is rarely done. maybe accidentally. what i see more often then not is people blocking camps from spawning with their autopilot movements.
8. im not gona talk about item builds and metagame since this is dota 1, but when i still see stuff like arcane boots tinker or bottle rushing mid lane with no courier shared or bought, i cry a little.
9. if u splitpush in pubs more often then not ur gona get blamed for not helping ur team when they try to fight 10 miles into enemy territory and ur a hero like am who is still 2 weak for a 5v5 fight.
10. ill add more later as i think of them

This sums up 99% of pub dota games. Like especially #1, 2, and 9. Man, I get so cheesed when that mid nevermore rotates bot to gank when the chances of the gank succeeding is doubtful. The amount of farm and xp wasted, your mid t1 going down like 7 mins in, and their mid hero just ballin out of control: an absolute shit show.

What really irks me is when the other team has something like dirge and sk, and someone on your team is like "we must push, all gather mid," LOL and i'm like "oh man, this is gonna turn south, really fucking fast." teemsuk gg

I usually solo mid and buy wards for my mid-lane solo and one rune. I communicate to others to secure the rune that doesn't have an obs on it, maybe 1/10 of the time they do... Kinda annoying. I will buy obs and leave them in fountain for my support to place; they sit there for 10 mins... I'll buy smokes and use them and ask for smoke ganks and maybe 1/2 the time 1-2 allies will join me.

I can say the ENT games are getting more competitive, but not nearly as competitive as Dotareborn games. I still find ENT games to be full of smurfs and trolls.

#3, just have to click faster than the imbecile
#4, 20 secs remaining and they're still in fountain zzzzz
#9, sometimes it's necessary, but I still see plenty of pubs splitpush without a tp scroll...
#2, come gank mid; he's at 1/2 hp (*crickets). I kill their mid lane, then they just roam and kill my supports. Late game my team asks who fed mid... I'm like, I killed him 3 times yet you still continued to lose your sidelanes and feed zzz

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:06 am

greenmtn wrote:not nearly as competitive as Dotareborn games

I've never hear of dotareborn. Can you tell me more? How do i find those games?
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

emaC
Aura Tree

Postby emaC » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:17 pm

>Auto attacking creeps in lane.

Prime
Armored Tree

Postby Prime » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:08 am

3 minutes into game if your team doesn't have the lead at least 1 or 2 guys are saying, "I'm done" or "GG it's over" and etc crap like that and put you further behind due to their cry.

greenmtn
Forest Walker

Postby greenmtn » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:55 pm

shalama wrote:
greenmtn wrote:not nearly as competitive as Dotareborn games

I've never hear of dotareborn. Can you tell me more? How do i find those games?

Dotareborn:

http://dotareborn.com/forum/

Higher-skilled dota 1 games.

Add the drb-bot5 to your f list and then use !g to see the games.

You can see the players that are on dotareborn. All games hosted are non-em and the lobby autobalances teams.

Hairy
Resource Storage

Postby Hairy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:55 am

I always say at the beginning: share courier, I upgrade.

90% of the time they share and I upgrade, bird in min 3, gg, and ~400 less gold spent

tyler11
Treant

Postby tyler11 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:16 pm

The new map is not good for pub games, noobs are even more at a disadvantage because there is no EM mode. plus games last twice as long, so ur stuck with noobs on team with no items

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”