AP / APEM idea

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Prime
Armored Tree

AP / APEM idea

Postby Prime » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:25 am

Not sure if it has already been suggested or not but it seems like most people have a problem with the same hero's being picked over and over... let's just admit... the game isn't 100% balanced.

Slark, SA, LC, Bara, Necro, Huskar, etc... some of these hero's are easier to play and a little stronger than say chen or KOTL

What if instead of every hero costing 250g to pick... let's say Slark and some of the other most OP hero's cost 600g, and Chen is free... while other hero's cost somewhere in between...

there could also be an additional cost to picking last like losing gold per second which we already have if you take too long to pick.

I just thought it would help mix up the hero picks for most AP and APEM games if the hero's that get picked most often and show the best k-d ratio's cost more :-)

Let me know what you guys think

emaC
Aura Tree

Re: AP / APEM idea

Postby emaC » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:10 am

There's other modes besides AP that prevent this you know. All you have to do is a host a game off the bot that will be RD or CM. AP is called All Pick for a reason. As for 'OP' heroes, it is all just in the meta. Each patch you'll always have those heroes who are strong and those heroes who are weak. It's inevitable.

Prime
Armored Tree

Postby Prime » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:38 am

Well the pub games are highly weighted toward APEM and nevere CM or RD.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:12 pm

a lot of ppl are playing AREM too
GOTEM

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:47 pm

Slark, SA, LC, Bara, Necro, Huskar, etc... some of these hero's are easier to play and a little stronger than say chen or KOTL
And you compare ints vs str and carries vs supports because? Is a game, in your opinion, balanced if a chen is capable of battling a slark?
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Prime
Armored Tree

Postby Prime » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:49 am

aRt)Y wrote:
And you compare ints vs str and carries vs supports because? Is a game, in your opinion, balanced if a chen is capable of battling a slark?

No that's pretty absurd... obviously a support will generally not be able to solo a carry even with balanced hero's. But it is a fact that certain hero picks have higher win rates, you can check stat pages for that. I think the game is pretty balanced but I just thought maybe it would be a cool idea so that people would be motivated or feel comfortable playing more of a variety of heros. From the little feedback I'm getting in this thread it seems like everyone thinks it's a dumb idea.

BiLyA
Treant

Postby BiLyA » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:46 am

I agree with suggestion, also make invoker cost 1000 to buy, too OP need nerf, 10 spells wtf OSfrog??? I cri evrytiem enemy have pianist, Kappa :cry:
https://youtu.be/jYFefppqEtE Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot 8-)

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”