Dota rules,, clearing off mines with techies is a glitch???

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
CSauce
Armored Tree

Dota rules,, clearing off mines with techies is a glitch???

Postby CSauce » Sun May 22, 2016 1:57 pm

I read: http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... ming:Rules
and I read: http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... :DotARules

Where are the full rules regards to dota? such as player cannot use courier to clear mines?
Is there any other rules I should know about that is not in the wiki?

I mean it says "Do not purposely glitch or exploit the game."
But really...? clearing off mines with courier is a glitch?????
I honestly thought it was meant to be by the map maker as a new strategy... what do you guys think?

CSauce
Armored Tree

Re: Dota rules,, clearing off mines with techies is a glitch???

Postby CSauce » Sun May 22, 2016 2:07 pm

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=87336

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=81501

my question also answered... still think using couriers to clear mine should be legal... but thats too bad,.. is there any other crazy rules like that that can get me banned?

raedric
Forest Walker

Postby raedric » Sun May 22, 2016 3:28 pm

The reason it's bannable is because it's only on this specific version that it works, and there is nothing in the changelog. That means it wasn't an intentional usage of the courier. (Generally the courier should die on contact with mines)
Techies as a hero can be rendered completely useless in the early game by people with a courier. OTOH unskilled enemies using it can feed courier gold to the team techies is on and ruin the game that way. It makes a lot of sense for it to be bannable. As soon as people know it's a glitch they should stop doing it and just make sure their team has one hero with creeps to break mines. (or farm necrobook)

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:12 pm

^ exactly. We did not ban scouting with chickens but the explotation of its survial by contact with mines. @CSauce
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

CSauce
Armored Tree

Postby CSauce » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:18 pm

Yup I got banned 5 days. And then unbaned with warning upon ban apeal

efko
Forest Walker

Postby efko » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:24 am

This is funny. If there is no range hero vs tech in opponents team, then tech can win that game easily. It is not easy to control courier and hero, so giving outstanding advantage to tech is more game ruin than anything else. He is only hero in game who can make rampage on lvl1 and can get money and items faster than anyone else.
Image Image

Larz

Postby Larz » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:45 pm

well it depends on the purpose of scouting....if you are scouting for mines then yes it is ban able, as it also give information on where mines are not. To be safe in a game with techies just use courier to deliver items. Intent becomes hard to prove or deny

efko
Forest Walker

Postby efko » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:00 pm

Larz wrote:well it depends on the purpose of scouting....if you are scouting for mines then yes it is ban able, as it also give information on where mines are not. To be safe in a game with techies just use courier to deliver items. Intent becomes hard to prove or deny

You misunderstood my post if your post is answer on mine :P . I understand your rule very well, but its illogical which has the final result to make single hero to be unstoppable. Worst thing of all, you have to watch replay for every similar report related with courier and bombs, that takes a lot of your time for sure and the time is precious.
Image Image

Larz

Postby Larz » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:52 pm

@efko actually this type of violation doesnt take much time at all.
Its usually only done in the first few min of a game since everyone upgrades to crows anyways.
Also when ent eventually finds a newer version of dota that is suitable for our community this glitch will most likely no longer be a problem.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”