Why have you not transitioned into Dota 2?

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
iambeginner
Basic Tree

Why have you not transitioned into Dota 2?

Postby iambeginner » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:30 pm

Is it because of the nostalgia? player skill level? Can't run Dota 2? Or other reasons?

I want to hear the reasons why you play Dota over Dota 2.

BiLyA
Treant

Re: Why have you not transitioned into Dota 2?

Postby BiLyA » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:11 pm

Dota2 takes more time and u gotta play seriously there(at least if you aim on high mmr), whereas in dota1, games start faster and end faster and you can troll as much as you want with weird items and playstyles because who even cares??? lol... So, I play dota 2 when i'm on vacations and I have all the time in the world, and dota1 on my normal schedule where i play few games between studying-working.
https://youtu.be/jYFefppqEtE Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot 8-)

HELLRAlSER
ENT Staff

Postby HELLRAlSER » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:29 am

I did play dota2, then they did a barrage of stupid changes, like changed damage types, shit on tinker, then they change spectre (god i hated the changed on dispersion) etc etc. Spectre change was actually the last straw. I just said fck it after that.

supersexyy
Donator

Postby supersexyy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:19 am

Yeah I agree with Hellraiser I hate it when they do balancing changes! Dam them!

HELLRAlSER
ENT Staff

Postby HELLRAlSER » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:42 am

well the issue is not about always welcomed balancing changes (if they actually intent to just balancce). The issue about "simplifying the game" which doesnt actually simplify anything, just make it more retard-proof. Changed damage types, armor types, made all heroes more "universal", concept of hard carry is lost on dota 2. A lot of things that added to dota spirit is lost. On top of they ruined a lot of my fav heroes (example they BUFFED spectre, yes actually buffed, but the change actually dramatically altered her play style, hero was no longer different on playstyle and neither interesting, a hero with a copy-pasta playstyle like all others).

I have a feeling tho i speak at a "foreign" language here so i let it go.

supersexyy
Donator

Postby supersexyy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:36 am

I don't think the game is getting simpler. Just look at all the most recent heroes they've introduced into the game.

BiLyA
Treant

Postby BiLyA » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:13 pm

Well some of the new aghs upgrades indeed make some heroes simpler (mirana-gyro). Some other changes tho made some heroes harder (void for example with his new timewalk and time dilation). And thank god, at last they kinda nerfed ebola spirit EleGigle
Dis hurricane pike Enchantress tho lmfao, balanced. Very balanced indeed 4Head
Anyways, one of the reasons I'm mad is because one of my top5 heroes, storm, got nerfed to the ground on the last patches. I know that im the bestest storm alltimes but OSfrog, this is too much (Kappa). My spectre tho got buffed, especially after the recent changes I can't lose with her even if i go full retard lol. Only thing that can beat a spectre now is Drow lineups with early push strats that can rax before min20. Otherwise, unless you have a rly farmed alch-wraithking duo or a medusa, u might as well call gg.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:59 pm

@iambeginner Maybe because iambeginner
GOTEM

child
Plague Treant

Postby child » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:06 pm

Russian everywher on dota 2 :? :( :cry: :twisted:

They trol me
These users thanked the author child for the post:
BiLyA (Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:53 pm)

Frank
Forest Walker

Postby Frank » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:16 pm

PERUVIANS first picking safe cores despite you putting your icon there first on the minimap and troglodytes who go mid and feed. You can do well on dota 2 if you enjoy playing omniknight everygame, but that hero is aids imo.

BiLyA
Treant

Postby BiLyA » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:53 pm

Frank wrote:PERUVIANS first picking safe cores despite you putting your icon there first on the minimap and troglodytes who go mid and feed. You can do well on dota 2 if you enjoy playing omniknight everygame, but that hero is aids imo.

na doto2 in a nutshell :lol: Better play on euro servers with high ping

child
Plague Treant

Postby child » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:48 pm

Que mierdas gringos -_- Dios bendiga a Peru todo el tiempo! VIVA PERU!!!!!!!!

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:35 pm

iambeginner wrote:Is it because of the nostalgia? player skill level? Can't run Dota 2? Or other reasons?

I want to hear the reasons why you play Dota over Dota 2.
We had a sub-forum for it, however, due to technical reasons and the general player willingness, we removed it again. ENT's steam page has >250 users, tho.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Hairy
Resource Storage

Postby Hairy » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:19 pm

I tried dota 2. I was surprised how much the appearance of heroes, spells and items changed.

It was like a whole new game, it meant for me to learn from scratch how the heroes look, how their spells look, and how every item looks. Well, almost all, few still resemble the old look. Didn't had the patience.

Plus I didn't like the style of the graphics, pastel-cartoony like rather than sharp realistic textures. Better than war3 engine ones, but still. And finally the nostalgia wouldn't let me change so easily. I've been playing warcraft since it came out, and I've been playing dota for like 7-8 years. The new dota just didn't had the same feel.

fgfe
Aura Tree

Postby fgfe » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:24 pm

I resisted quite a long time to play Dota2, because i was just happy with playing em-stomps in dota1 and didn´t feel like adapting to new playstyle, really playing ur role and stuff like that. But in the end i got tired of people disconnecting throwing hacking or just being really bad in dota1 :P If i didnt have mates in Dota2 to get me into it, i wouldnt have switched.
E: And another answer to your question is: the dota1 maps are so many patches behind that it will just become harder and harder for dota1 players to transition, because there so many new items/map changes/hero changes

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”