Technicalities of Courier Glitch

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Re: Technicalities of Courier Glitch

Postby aRt)Y » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:37 am

pinheadlarry wrote:I still really find it frustrating that if I were to ward the river and I see a bounty rune in the river, that I would not be able to collect the rune with my courier if the techies mined under the rune
That's still legal.

However, should you begin to walk through the forest with the chicken to purposely detonate un-spottet mines, then you are eligible for a ban.
What we ban is the malicious exploit and usage of the glitch - not casual "I spotted the mine with a ward, found the rune and gonna pick it"-play.

It's a fine line and whether you take the risk to be judged as an offender, that's your choice.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

gonzoindahouse
Forest Walker

Postby gonzoindahouse » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:49 am

pinheadlarry wrote:I was recently banned for courier glitch exploit: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=93022&p=369015&hilit=pinheadlarry&sid=c2fd42b855e16d9c84cdb5224d408687#p369015

By no means and I appealing this ban nor am I disputing the ban through this post but am looking for some clarification/discussion.

Here are some questions I am hoping to have clarified for future references for bans:
1. Can a courier be used to scout and collect runes?
2. Can a courier be used to scout and collect runes while knowingly going to cross a patch of mines?
3. Can someone strategically place their hero so that the courier will walk over mines if the "transfer items to hero" button is pressed (How can you prove intent in this case?)

The point of discussion I would like to bring up is, while the courier "glitch" may have never intended to be in this version (not in changelog), I feel it is unfair to make a ban when other glitches are not banned. For example in 6.83 lycan glitches horribly quite often which results in a team going down 4v5 without the benefit of the leaver gold. Technically , playing lycan and having him glitch ruins the game making you a game ruiner for your team, yet it is not banned by ent.

Furthermore, using the courier exploit does not give an unfair advantage against a techies-team in my opinion since you leave your courier vulnerable to being killed while attempting to detonate mines. If a courier is killed, the killing team gets 150g each which is almost as much as a tower and is a huge boost early (normally when land couriers are used anyways before being upgraded).

What do you guys think?

I uhhh for a long time never agreed with pinnerhead yet this time i agree.... if oyu can do stuff in any game thats good and you figured it out do anything to win is good... tryin to be thugs take this stuff away from people is nonsense... this story can easily go either way and is impossible to have a right orrrrr a wrong. If you dont like it create a map doesnt allow it, i can no longer dive bomb couriers in fountins with mass visage pets sooo yeah is all screw job thank you hillary clinton... YOU CAN SAY IT IS WRONG TO USE COURIER ON MINE JUST LIKE ALL CAN SAY IS RIGHT is no wrong or right here IS PURE NONSENSE

gonzoindahouse
Forest Walker

Postby gonzoindahouse » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:52 am

Also mods mass using techies to go ban people for running over mines is disgusting you should be ashamed... Dont put mines in stupid places dont use techies if you cant use him properly some people just arent that good hahaaa you better off stackin or playin tetris

gonzoindahouse
Forest Walker

Postby gonzoindahouse » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:00 am

ma·li·cious
məˈliSHəs/Submit
adjective
characterized by malice; intending or intended to do harm.
is clearly a bad use of words i think here sayin runnin courier into mines is harm hahaaa! you sound like PETA???
bad to exploit you say???/ in a game if you find away to beat a boss do you do it or not seriously??? Trump is malicious and exploited a lot of things to get to where he is anddd id say worse.... courier on mines is smart enless you use maphack and see guy planting mines and run courier right at them... Only thing malicious is mods mass usin techies to ban people for doing what is known as common sense

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:06 am

You don't seem to understand what a glitch is.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:28 am

gonzoindahouse wrote:Also mods mass using techies to go ban people for running over mines is disgusting you should be ashamed
I would like to see a replay of that. I dislike lies being spreat on the forums.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

gonzoindahouse
Forest Walker

Postby gonzoindahouse » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:37 am

my spidersense was tingaling with this lizardman and rhino i mean errrr larz and getstumped hahaa check there techies replays i could be way wrong but to me it seemed like they was hunting for bans i could be way wrong.. still what about what the rest i typed on this massive article about how it being right or wrong however you wanted to argue it could go either way... i didnt do homework to know if mods for a fact was fishing with techies for bans tho prolly bad assumption

gonzoindahouse
Forest Walker

Postby gonzoindahouse » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:38 am

as warcraft player with tons of games this rule comes off as lamer to me thats why i posted

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:41 am

Maybe you should stop presenting your beliefs as if they were facts. Anyway, at least you realize that you are probably "way wrong".

efko
Forest Walker

Postby efko » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:18 am

HazarDous wrote:You don't seem to understand what a glitch is.

Probably only 2-5% of players understand that since that rule has 0 explanation. It is not important to have in rules all glitches, because that is impossible, but it is a few days job to have most of them sum on one place under rules.

My topic has a point about rules, especially glitches, read from that quote and bellow posts:
And last thing, for fuck sake please update your rules...

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=94016#p372578
Image Image

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:39 pm

gonzoindahouse wrote:as warcraft player with tons of games this rule comes off as lamer to me thats why i posted

you must have great understanding of the game i can tell that from your thorough (q) analysis (q) above
How did you manage to keep your elo at 1000 after 3600+ games? can you teach me?
https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/?u=gonzoindahouse+
GOTEM

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:39 pm

Well, this is going nowhere. ENT has stated how the rule is to be interpreted. Thanks.

Locked.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”