Absolutely loving the new DotA map.

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
DracoL1ch
Aura Tree

Re: Absolutely loving the new DotA map.

Postby DracoL1ch » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:40 pm

I didnt call anybody directly. Along with sane persons who do not want to move on (I used to be just as them as well, we all have our habits), real issue is those who jsut cannot hold their mentality, spreading misinformation about updates being favored by developer's opinion or somehow affected by 3rd person POV.

I can understand people who dont wanna move on just because they're fine. I reached my limits with dota years ago and dont really care about getting better. But I can't stand those who put that as 'pro' point.

No offence in case if you belong to the simple men. Otherwise - well, it's sad

Suck_It69
Aura Tree

Postby Suck_It69 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:45 pm

@DracoL1ch

Well, tried and u nerfed lesh so badly, and his ult doesn't make much noise now, just some wind noise and when ulti hits it just shows some light ball on enemy hero like on lesh..total crap, old effects were more truesome tbh.

Geo is OP like in old version, no changes IMO(?) and yes u nerfed LC courage CD but u gave him scepter, which actually does him even more stronger..

darklord1992
Forest Walker

Postby darklord1992 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:52 am

DracoL1ch wrote:"some hotkey" = literally just Backspace. isn't that hard to rebind a single key for a while, that's just temporal issue.
about camera - there would be adjustments as well as a mode "no camera change", since we can now effectively track it.
any kind of balance - tell it to icefrog. we did nothing on our own http://d1stats.ru/faq?lang=en

if you don't think icefrog chose right way, go back to 5.84c, when he wasn't head of development. damn, that Silencer and Dusa were awesome, dont ya think?

No actually its not just the backspace if you manage pull your head out of your ass and realize many of us are trying to help you out instead of bashing on your map then maybe you can gain some real insight in this discussion. The hot keys I was referring to was if you hold ctrl and press any button it brings your vision back to the base.

And I don't understand why you make these maps if you're just telling everyone to fuck off, the dota 1 community is small enough and it's only continuing to lose players. If your map only continues to escalate this trend and you respond with every feed back insulting players then this community would be better off without you.

DracoL1ch wrote:
Allstars gives to every player option to forfeit the game if they think it's unavoidable. Frogodota doesn't. You have no idea what you talking about.

Icefrog's map also gave you the option to forfeit. At least the last version did.

DracoL1ch
Aura Tree

Postby DracoL1ch » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:30 am

Oh so you're actually provided me info about another hotkey which has same issue? Oh wait, you didn't, just like many others, but kept bullshitting again. Who is bashing now? And no proofs for frogo's map either. goddamn it's so good to be you, just drop any shit you have in mind and pretend it's already truth.

Suck_It69
Aura Tree

Postby Suck_It69 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:54 pm

@aRt)Y

When you gonna revert the map?
These users thanked the author Suck_It69 for the post:
balancesheet (Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:20 am)

gankbank
Resource Storage

Postby gankbank » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:55 pm

Long time ENT player and very long time dota player reporting in, +1 for the new map.

Every excuse or complaint I've heard so far holds almost no weight and sounds like bitching just to bitch, "change is too scary guys my dota experience is ruined because an animation I liked was tweaked a little" etc. The improvements heavily outweigh the changes, ENT should get with the times and just stay updated instead of waiting so long before jumping to a new map.
These users thanked the author gankbank for the post (total 2):
Slomosapien (Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:17 am) • staalseminstaal (Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:28 am)

balancesheet
Armored Tree

Postby balancesheet » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:22 am

gankbank wrote:Long time ENT player and very long time dota player reporting in, +1 for the new map.

Every excuse or complaint I've heard so far holds almost no weight and sounds like bitching just to bitch, "change is too scary guys my dota experience is ruined because an animation I liked was tweaked a little" etc. The improvements heavily outweigh the changes, ENT should get with the times and just stay updated instead of waiting so long before jumping to a new map.

Yea I absolutely disagree. The negatives far outweigh any positive balance changes. I just closed out a game as slark. Literally had all t3 towers down, and had pinned all 5 enemies in their base. At the 20 minute mark.

For the next 27 minutes, we literally pinned them completely inside their base before we were able to end. We had lycan, dusa, slark, 2 others....not like all int heros.

The version is so slow it's boring.

Slomosapien
Treant

Postby Slomosapien » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:17 am

balancesheet wrote:Yea I absolutely disagree. The negatives far outweigh any positive balance changes. I just closed out a game as slark. Literally had all t3 towers down, and had pinned all 5 enemies in their base. At the 20 minute mark.

For the next 27 minutes, we literally pinned them completely inside their base before we were able to end. We had lycan, dusa, slark, 2 others....not like all int heros.

The version is so slow it's boring.

Sounds like a problem with skill or teamplay as opposed to hero capabilities. The new version doesn't stop you from being able to end anymore than the last one.

What game-based negative do you feel stopped you from ending the game?
These users thanked the author Slomosapien for the post:
gankbank (Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:59 am)

DracoL1ch
Aura Tree

Postby DracoL1ch » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:21 am

those who complains about match time - you should move on to some hero arenas instead, if you have such time issues. every dota version allows snowballing, if you're not skilled enough to use it you deserve to go back to turtling
These users thanked the author DracoL1ch for the post:
gankbank (Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:59 am)

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:17 am

Suck_It69 wrote:@aRt)Y

When you gonna revert the map?
The suggestion is awaiting implementation.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Hatedmaru

Postby Hatedmaru » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:53 am

I still keep my idea, and encourage everyone to give this new map a chance (In the few games i played, no disconnects, bugs or anything was found, as "some" state) - If there's anything this map brought, is finally the balance it was required so you can enjoy real games, once again (so from me @DracoL1ch (and many more i bet), you have my thanks for showing it's possible to enjoy balanced DotA games again, and have some fun without having 1 sided games after 10 minutes ingame).

For those claiming "games are longer", show me exactly how: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=8076185 in a 33 minutes game, 22 elo win, 15/3/17 AA (PS: Love the new AA ulti, the effect looks awesome :P )

https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=8076103 2 guys of our team suddenly disconnected at 31 minutes, and the other one was 2-9 (Completely clueless oracle), yet 53 minutes and they weren't able to win with a rhasta, roof, void, cent and lich vs ember and arc.

https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=8075932 Another 50 mins game, this one was 4vs5 tho, since abba (lastlethal), for some reason, decided to ignore his entire team and play solo + feed, ergo why we took longer to win, still this game was fun to play (specially teamfights - @Slomosapien gg on this one :P i was shaker)

Overall, i'm still waiting to hear a real reason for such negative feedback on this new map, besides the obvious:

*People prefer shorter boring games
*People prefer -em, cuz else they either: A) Fail and feed, as i saw in that AA game (in a stacked game, expected much more from enemies); or B) Need longer to win, cuz the game is more balanced and requires you to actually do something about it, instead of betting on the -em gold/exp gain, and stomping pubs.

So although some of us do like the new version, its getting reverted cause most people, after all this time, are still not able to play without their -em and slark/meepo/LC free wins games (it's about time you face the truth, better sooner than later :P )

#LetTheHateBegin

child
Plague Treant

Postby child » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:21 am

The only bug I've found is that when I was syllabear once, I bought boots with my hero. Then I bought boots a min or two later with courier, meaning to give them to my bear, and transferred them to my hero - but the boots disappeared. I'm pretty sure I wasn't just imagining it

I'm wondering if something like this was intentionally put in to place to discourage trolling? If so there should have been a refund lol...

Obviously that's a very isolated incident... Other than that I haven't found a single bug in 25+ games.

ISO proof of these "supposed" bugs ?

Hands-of-God
Aura Tree

Postby Hands-of-God » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:18 am

this guy now updating the map doesn't seem very frndly or open to suggestion. im fine with new maps, but some of us just like em, its a matter of opinion. thats all that really needs to be said. if there was an em mode i wouldn't care what the version is. just been playing for a long time and im used to em. non em games i find slower paced and not as fun. skill and balance aren't a big issue to me. i personally just find em more fun. this all is a matter of opinion tho, people can debate all day if they want. taking away em tho seems kinda controlling to me. a lot of people like it. gotta be open to suggestion, there are people who still like dota 1 over dota 2 and thats why we are still here. i haven't been having fun playing non em (call me noob all u want, i just find it more fun and quicker paced) so each time i play im wondering why im not playing something else more fun, i hope thats not something i have to get used to. but maybe itll get me to quit and play other games anyways XD

DracoL1ch
Aura Tree

Postby DracoL1ch » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:46 am

Hands-of-God wrote:this guy now updating the map doesn't seem very frndly or open to suggestion. im fine with new maps, but some of us just like em, its a matter of opinion. thats all that really needs to be said. if there was an em mode i wouldn't care what the version is. just been playing for a long time and im used to em. non em games i find slower paced and not as fun. skill and balance aren't a big issue to me. i personally just find em more fun. this all is a matter of opinion tho, people can debate all day if they want. taking away em tho seems kinda controlling to me. a lot of people like it. gotta be open to suggestion, there are people who still like dota 1 over dota 2 and thats why we are still here. i haven't been having fun playing non em (call me noob all u want, i just find it more fun and quicker paced) so each time i play im wondering why im not playing something else more fun, i hope thats not something i have to get used to. but maybe itll get me to quit and play other games anyways XD

guess what, based on your statement I have no issues with you. I dont care about your skills either. My hate going towards those braindead guys
tyler11 wrote: All the new changes are so minor and barely make a difference, aside from the fact they removed EM and made the game boring and laggy

tyler11 wrote:Case closed.. go to dota 2 if you want the new versions

and those who claim balance changes as my changes. literally braindead, no idea about dota2, who is icefrog, which version they've been playin all along, who created balance changelogs for them, etc etc.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:10 am

Not going to bother reading thread, but overall I like the new map. Wc3 dota used to be the one getting frequent updates, and was ahead of dota 2 in changes for a long while. I see no reason why it shouldn't adjust to the newer changes now instead of just randomly freezing in time forever. However, I prefer the default wc3 animations over the imported/copied dota 2 ones. I like my wc3 to look like wc3, simple and intuitive over flashy and confusing. It's not that bad, but I don't see the problem in having the wc3 dota use wc3 animations.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”