Absolutely loving the new DotA map.

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Suck_It69
Aura Tree

Re: Absolutely loving the new DotA map.

Postby Suck_It69 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:15 pm

You could change ENT90 to new map, it's euro and it's quite dead, everyone is playing on us/ca tho?

Slomosapien
Treant

Postby Slomosapien » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:58 pm

Suck_It69 wrote:@burnt
Also i don't want to be forced to play AR new map.
In new map theres nothing to vote, gold gain is the same.

I don't like that I'm forced to play AREM on the old map when there are newer options available.

There can be compromise.

As I said, if it's gonna be one of each map, then APEM (being more friendly to newer players) would be a better option for 6.83, given that the main argument against v6.85 was that new players cant handle all that junk inside that trunk.
If they join, random , then leave, they'll be banned and hopefully stay with the apem bot.

sealman
Forest Walker

Postby sealman » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:57 pm

BK/Ghost is hosting both .83d and dracol1ch's new map. No one seems to want to play the new one. But there are other servers hosting it...

Suck_It69
Aura Tree

Postby Suck_It69 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:01 pm

@Slomosapien

And if i want to play AREM i just can't? either play apem with some .4k/d players read (feedfest) or play slow paced AR?

Goodenuff
Resource Storage

Postby Goodenuff » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:20 pm

EM = Easy Mode.

It allows newbs to pick carries all day and not farm and still get items.

NON-EM allows for more ganks and teamplay. Heroes like - Zeus/Dark Seer/Visage become better early game options in non-em

Regular AP also lowers the Meepo effect which is a HUGE plus.

Slomosapien
Treant

Postby Slomosapien » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:55 pm

Suck_It69 wrote:@Slomosapien

And if i want to play AREM i just can't? either play apem with some .4k/d players read (feedfest) or play slow paced AR?

Or play apem games with better players if you want. I dont know why you'd choose to play with .4 k/d players. If the better players want to be playing 6.85, then that's a group choice. And if there are enough people wanting to play arem on 6.83 (which you think there will be I'm assuming), then !votemode is really handy. That way everyone gets something instead of catering to one half and ignoring the other.

I still dont agree that it's a slower paced game. More than half of my last 10 arem games have lasted over 40 minutes, which is as long as people are saying AR games were taking.
If you're choosing to wait longer before you gank or engage, then it's your own fault for making the game slower. You can gank without big items because your opponents are in the same boat.

Suck_It69
Aura Tree

Postby Suck_It69 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:59 am

Slomosapien wrote:
Suck_It69 wrote:@Slomosapien

Or play apem games with better players if you want. I dont know why you'd choose to play with .4 k/d players. If the better players want to be playing 6.85, then that's a group choice. And if there are enough people wanting to play arem on 6.83 (which you think there will be I'm assuming), then !votemode is really handy. That way everyone gets something instead of catering to one half and ignoring the other.

I still dont agree that it's a slower paced game. More than half of my last 10 arem games have lasted over 40 minutes, which is as long as people are saying AR games were taking.
If you're choosing to wait longer before you gank or engage, then it's your own fault for making the game slower. You can gank without big items because your opponents are in the same boat.

I'm not here to argue, each one of us have their own gametaste.
I have played 4 years arem and i'm used to it that's the story. I don't want to evolve some high skill player so i have to play some NON-em node, cause EM mode wouldn't make ppl good, it's just for fun.

You tell me i don't have to play with .4k/d players but actually i do if they take down arem and but new map instead, i have to move other game mode and if i want to play i just can't avoid them. And votemode won't work like you say, people join apem then they play apem, like i mentioned earlier we can vote but 10 out of 4 want's arem, theres nothing more to do than accept it.
They should use ENT90 to host something else than EU apem, atm theres 9hour lobby time already..

Slomosapien
Treant

Postby Slomosapien » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:07 pm

@Suck_It69 I'd much rather not argue either.
I'd just like there to be something implemented where both sides get the thing they want. If that's not possible, then at least some amount of compromise can be had. Right now, it's all one-sided.
Still waiting on @aRt)Y or someone else to chime in about the viability of any of these options.

SeriouslyStrange
Poison Treant

Postby SeriouslyStrange » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:42 am

@art)y , so is it possible that the Dota Europe bot will (at least temporarily) become the bot to host the new/recent Dota map? I've seen it pretty dead and also most European players come to the "us/ca" game already. I'd just really like to play the new map, and after this huge thread on here; it's somewhat clear that the poll was not an accurate representation of which map players might like.
Let's just play nice.
NOT!

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:34 am

I will talk with the staff about that possibility. We will check some stats to ensure the accuracy of your claim though.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

SeriouslyStrange
Poison Treant

Postby SeriouslyStrange » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:34 pm

Thank you!
I think everyone hoping for the new map appreciate the effort that you, and all the other moderators and administrators are doing. :3
Let's just play nice.
NOT!

alopp12345
Resource Storage

Postby alopp12345 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:58 pm

So 2nd failed attempt to force everyone to play boring -ap.... wonder when they'll learn it is unpopular and boring.

DracoL1ch
Aura Tree

Postby DracoL1ch » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:25 pm

alopp12345 wrote:So 2nd failed attempt to force everyone to play boring -ap.... wonder when they'll learn it is unpopular and boring.

oh, em so funny, just struggle for 40 minuts to get 6 slots and right click any shit from you opps. goddamn so funny!
Edit: actually no, you're speaking bullshit right here

Slomosapien
Treant

Postby Slomosapien » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:03 pm

alopp12345 wrote:So 2nd failed attempt to force everyone to play boring -ap.... wonder when they'll learn it is unpopular and boring.

We're not trying to get rid of EM, we're trying to have both games available.

alopp12345
Resource Storage

Postby alopp12345 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:25 pm

Hopefully true, until all the -ap "pros" start crying that no one wants to play with them in 80min farm games.... lol

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”