Meepo Macros Cheating? How to detect in replay?

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
sealman
Forest Walker

Meepo Macros Cheating? How to detect in replay?

Postby sealman » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:32 pm

Am I right in thinking that using a key macro (ie, one key press triggers multiple key presses) is a bannalbe offense? How do you detect this in a replay. I've got DotA Replay and can look at the action logs, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

game in question:
http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 141370.w3g

DracoL1ch
Aura Tree

Re: Meepo Macros Cheating? How to detect in replay?

Postby DracoL1ch » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:22 pm

you can't detect it anyhow

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:41 pm

sealman wrote:Am I right in thinking that using a key macro (ie, one key press triggers multiple key presses) is a bannalbe offense? How do you detect this in a replay. I've got DotA Replay and can look at the action logs, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

game in question:
http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 141370.w3g
Ban-able as third party tool, yes.

DracoL1ch wrote:you can't detect it anyhow
20 actions in one millisecond is not humanly possible. Therefore, you can investigate replays by using tools, e.g. DRM to check the action log. You will have to find patterns as there is no 100% proof (pretty much like mh based on suspicious behavior).
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

DracoL1ch
Aura Tree

Postby DracoL1ch » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:52 pm

aRt)Y wrote:
20 actions in one millisecond is not humanly possible. Therefore, you can investigate replays by using tools, e.g. DRM to check the action log. You will have to find patterns as there is no 100% proof (pretty much like mh based on suspicious behavior).

any non-retard will use 100+random delay, provided by tool itself and totally legitimate

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:13 pm

DracoL1ch wrote:
aRt)Y wrote:

any non-retard will use 100+random delay, provided by tool itself and totally legitimate
Then again, there are patterns. But that's something we can argue all day about.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”