Should techies be allowed to mid?

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.

Yes. Techies should be entitled to any lane just like any other hero.
83%
No. Should be bannable if team refuses and techies goes mid anyway.
17%

Total votes: 18

Chrono[diox]
Armored Tree

Postby Chrono[diox] » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:32 am

As many players know, mid lane is by far the most important lane in a game of DotA. If mid is lost badly, then the game is very hard to turn around. Techies, is usually never mid lane, as any respectful player would never try and take mid as a techies, as most games with a techies are already crippled in team fighting and ganking ability. I am not trying to take anything away from the hero itself, as I've seen many pro techies do a fantastic job at helping a team, but more often then not they just delay the game and do their own thing and there team is playing 4v5 because of it. Now I am a 2200 elo player, Chrono[diox] and I know that if I mid against a techies I am pretty much entitled to free farm with no harassment and no denies. That is a huge advantage. I have recently encountered a techies player named Rager.@US.west who refuses to go any lane but mid, even if someone else calls it. He argues that he is a pro techies and can mid effectively, well I laned mid with him and saw 0 denies and a ton of lost CS. Not only does techies not have the attack damage to CS or deny effectively, but they also have to leave into fog usually to runes to mine, in which the most important exp gain from mid lane is wasted, going to no hero while he is gone. I think this should not be allowed, because it could spiral out of control with a bunch of techies players trying to be like Rager. in the mid lane and game ruining because its just not effective. What are your thoughts?

SeriouslyStrange
Poison Treant

Re: Should techies be allowed to mid?

Postby SeriouslyStrange » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:04 am

A professional team of Dota used to have their techies go solo mid. Can't recall their name right now, but yeah.
Let's just play nice.
NOT!

corey2013
Forest Walker

Postby corey2013 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:22 am

Techies Solo mid is fine if he knows what he is doing. And techies team fight ability is amazing, again, if he knows what he is doing. Just like any hero. I've seen many solo mid techies get first blood against their opponents.

Frank
Forest Walker

Postby Frank » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:25 am

corey2013 wrote:Techies Solo mid is fine if he knows what he is doing. And techies team fight ability is amazing, again, if he knows what he is doing. Just like any hero. I've seen many solo mid techies get first blood against their opponents.
Please. Stop. Typing. From. Now. On.

Chrono[diox]
Armored Tree

Postby Chrono[diox] » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:05 pm

Getting first blood doesn't mean much and hardly argues against what I am saying. Techies gets fb all the time, no matter the lane. What techies cannot do is lane effectively, gank to help the other lanes, or harass the lane effectively to keep enemy mid from free farming.

greenmtn
Forest Walker

Postby greenmtn » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:33 pm

I think a dual lane with techies is appropriate. For example techies and pudge or techies and tuskar. A solo mid techies with 0 allies to help gank the mid-lane isn't that effective. You usually need to buy 2-3 null talismans to be an effective last-hitter.

As to whether it should be a bannable offense? I think banning players for stupid decisions would shut-down the ENT network.

I look forward to solo-mid vs Chrono if I ever see them in game as he doesn't seem to be able to deny that many creeps based on his stats.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:12 pm

Any hero can go mid. i've played with that player, and although I wasn't particularly happy about him taking mid, we did alright.

I would prefer myself or another strong player mid, but there are games where I've done well even going side lane and babysitting a noob instead.

Suck it up and stop crying.

What is annoying is when you call mid first and some noob still goes and refuses to go away. This seems to happen more and more often as of late. I don't mind giving mid to whoever calls it first, unless they are really bad, and usually I try to use sweet reason in that case.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”