OG Dota players roll call

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
divinerape

OG Dota players roll call

Postby divinerape » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:06 pm

If you have been playing dota for a long time, specifically if you remember IHL and TDA please reply with your old AKA's. Very curious who still plays from wayyy back in the day (if anyone)??

Frank
Forest Walker

Re: OG Dota players roll call

Postby Frank » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:45 pm

Honestly dont remember my old akas smurfed like mad. Played very little TDA cuz it took forever to get that icon 25 wins. Played in dcl played thr t2 tried getting t3 vouched wasnt good enough. Played a bit of dotalicious cash t2 never bothered trying for cash dcihl some of the current pros used to play there. Played alot of cws and ihs such as in clan mist clan mmz clan inch clan 2b2s clan ft etc... Used to pub alot with st4rburst, brandon and some other guy forgot his name justgged i think during the thr era. during cash i used to pub with random people some that i knew from clans like raygun and his bro, zamurai. and some other dudes. Once cash died down came to ent and started playing in clan high, we played the occasional ihs and pubbed alot. Had quite a bit of fun when hugmeonce revived dap here in ent, i dont wanna list all the players but it was laid back ih dota with stats aka dihl. Started dota long ago but have taken long breaks inbetween sometimes up to 2 years which is why i never managed to get really good at the game. think i started playing during dxd open then quit during the tda era then came back to thr. Honestly wish i could remember the names i used to smurf under. In ent i stopped smurfing as much and played under this name alot. Never took dota too seriously but when the opportunity arised for organized games i tried to always play in them. Nowadays i smurf some dota 1 when nostalgia hits and play some occasional dota 2 games here and there just to keep up with the new items and meta.

Slomosapien
Treant

Postby Slomosapien » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:18 am

I've played off and on since RoC.. 3.7 or 3.3 Rumble before Allstars came around. Always under the same username.
Did some CAL without much success. Cant remember all the names of the jokers I played with way back..

child
Plague Treant

Postby child » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:24 am

Frank wrote:Started dota long ago but have taken long breaks inbetween sometimes up to 2 years which is why i never managed to get really good at the game.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:35 am

child wrote:
Frank wrote:Started dota long ago but have taken long breaks inbetween sometimes up to 2 years which is why i never managed to get really good at the game.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My thoughts exactly lol

Ultimaterializer
Basic Tree

Postby Ultimaterializer » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:22 am

I've been playing Dota off and on since Reign of Chaos when Silencer's ult was summoning infernals.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:27 pm

Haha, naix eating corpses. And that CD to buy demon edge tho. I think troll remained the least unchanged since those days. Didn't necro summon from corpses?

I kind of miss chen with critical he still had in the 5.xx maps :O
These users thanked the author Dhamma for the post:
PrincessIce (Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:53 am)
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Larz

Postby Larz » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:00 am

how about sa..he had a death ward that witch doctor has now. and snipers ult was like gyros missle

DOTA_TRASHCANS
Treant

Postby DOTA_TRASHCANS » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:45 pm

Gods.
<3 Trashcans

greenmtn
Forest Walker

Postby greenmtn » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:56 pm

THR ftw.

Dota-Reaper
Armored Tree

Postby Dota-Reaper » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:31 pm

DXD ftw.

SeriouslyStrange
Poison Treant

Postby SeriouslyStrange » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:47 pm

When silencer used to be able to summon infernals :3
Let's just play nice.
NOT!

Hope_Solo
Aura Tree

Postby Hope_Solo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:30 am

divinerape wrote:If you have been playing dota for a long time, specifically if you remember IHL and TDA please reply with your old AKA's. Very curious who still plays from wayyy back in the day (if anyone)??

I started around 04-05 and I was in clan TDA3 (third channel), original nick is zQ.

I definitely remember the days when bots didn't exists back then. It has to be a person manually hosting and everyone pretty much has a 2-3 sec delay. Timebans didn't exist back then either. Its perma-ban on everything like leaving, stealing items, etc.

Do you remember tofu-chu? one of the top players back then.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:38 am

ahh the old days...

Viper could summon octopus tentacles from the ground...
There was a geomancer hero that can summon starfall with infernal rainfall? He can cast multiple rejuv on himself before this and making him invincible.
Void's chronos was global called timestop... ahh that was OP.

What I miss the most was that wolf rider hero. He has what is now SB's charge except it doesn't stop at all and then his ult was what is now firebat's net... except you can net the enemy and TP with him to your fountain. HAHA! Fun times... fun times... :lol:

Larz wrote: and snipers ult was like gyros missle

I don't remember this one. Must be a version I didn't play. I did remember sniper had an ability to change into "snipe mode" where his movement and damage was greatly reduced but his range was like 2000 or something.

His scattershot use to be an AOE nuke of 300 damage. So you can scattershot and snipe, combined of 300+350 damage at level 1 ult.

PrincessIce
Aura Tree

Postby PrincessIce » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:55 am

i remember the good old days of hosting my own games with buddies and using banlist.nl to keep my own banlists

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”