too easy to ff

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Hands-of-God
Aura Tree

too easy to ff

Postby Hands-of-God » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:21 am

wondering if its only my opinion, but im tired of my own team ffing when i dont vote. games suddenly ending cuz my team has 4 players and 3 vote and so im SOL. it is too easy to ff, shouldn't all 4 players have to vote? i feel like 3 isn't enough. ive had way too many games end this way cuz people are so eager to ff and suddenly my game is over. super lame.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Re: too easy to ff

Postby Sylvanas » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:02 pm

I think the current way is fine. Some people are just completely delusional and need to come to peace with the fact that there's a point where a game can no longer be turned around and won. There's also a strong correlation between shitty players and never forfeiting for any reason, because for some people (0 to 0.5 kdr range), dying over and over until game ends naturally is just how they experience every game, so they don't have the motivation or even the understanding needed to vote. I can't even imagine how many hours I could have wasted in already long lost, pointless games because of one guy in either team with no grip on reality.

I've never been in a single game where everyone in my team forfeited while I was still thinking we had a chance, but I find myself regularly wishing rest of my team would just ff a hopeless game. Even though I understand vote % has to be very high to prevent a few people that give up easily from ending the game, I think it's ridiculous to give the entire decision up to the one guy who categorically refuses to vote, considering there are 99% odds that guy is a crazy person. The only way I see of improving the system would be to make the votes required vary up or down one depending on the game status, i.e. requiring all 5 votes if team's kdr is still relatively close to even and just 3 votes if the game is just a feed fest (5+ team kdr or so).

Can you link to an example of a game that everyone else but you forfeited but that was still winnable? I'm not saying that it doesn't exist, just that it's extremely rare and definitely not worth all the wasted time that preventing it would cost.

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:53 am

I've had a game where the whole other team went mid to kill me and then forfieted. Kinda dumb to waste 10 minutes drafting and a few minutes laning for the other team to just FF because they didn't like their drafts
MAGA

warlord1994

Postby warlord1994 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:51 pm

ff is a miracleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
never ever take that away.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:42 am

If you think the game can still be turned around, then communicate so to your team and take the leadership. "we can still win guys", "play defence","back","turtle" etc. Most of the time, this will have a positive impact on your teammates, and might encourage them to keep on playing, and maybe even try harder.

If people forfeit for no reason, and game's outcome has yet to be decided, then you may report your team. However, there comes a point where games become one-sided, and coming back is hard to impossible. More often than not, these games are boring and annoying to play for the losing side for multiple reasons, which include feeding, bad cooperation amongst team and finally, frustration. ENT will not take any action on these cases, as it becomes a player's choice to decide whether s/he want to keep on playing or rather forfeit the game.

DOTA_TRASHCANS
Treant

Postby DOTA_TRASHCANS » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:41 pm

I get what the OP is saying, I've had numerous instances where it was 4v5 and it took 3 votes to FF. I'm talking about the games before 25 minutes, BEFORE all 3 Tier 1 towers were even pushed. Regardless, I still love the FF system, it's just that it should require all players.
<3 Trashcans

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”