Strongest meepo

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Ryan
Aura Tree

Strongest meepo

Postby Ryan » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:49 pm

So I've been looking through some top players games and quite a bit pick just meepo. All of them seem to be quite lethal with them. Looking for other people's thoughts even the players themselves, whose got the strongest meepo game?! :P nefarious/love- 150/10 w/l 2280 Elo
Rain- 88/14 w/l 2080 Elo
Dota-robot 49/2 1650 Elo

All Solid players for sure! What are your thoughts?

EdgeOfChaos

Re: Strongest meepo

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:18 am

I think the best meepo player ever was mittlebittle aka memaru. I think he had over 100 wins without any losses before his account got wiped.

Dota-robot 49/2 1650 Elo

<3

Hatedmaru

Postby Hatedmaru » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:58 am

Well memaru ended up being banned for mh, so xD

Goodenuff
Resource Storage

Postby Goodenuff » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:05 am

Anyone that EM Meepos does not have a soul. :D

memaru
Armored Tree

Postby memaru » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:01 pm

Definitely me.

Hatedmaru

Postby Hatedmaru » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:08 pm

memaru wrote:Definitely me.

Well as i said in my previous post, you did end up being banned for maphack, and no1 knows for how long did you exactly do it, however i'll give you the benefit of doubt, since i do remember playing with/against you, long before the ban occured and i remember you to be one of the best meepo players i had seen (Good control (both lane/meepo wise), good map awareness, good micro, etc), which sort of shocked me when the ban went through (legit fogclick, so no doubts on the fact you maphacked, still :P)

Yes some could claim "Maybe he was already maphacking by that time", but meh, truth be said, maphack doens't make people play good (Maphack simply enhances your map awareness, and allows you to gank/dodge ganks, among many other things, but it doens't exactly make you play better :P How many maphackers have you seen that use mh, and their playstyle is still very ... interesting xD)

Anyways, i still believe you are one hell of a good meepo player =D

simply felt the need to clarify my previous post :P

Ryan
Aura Tree

Postby Ryan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:33 pm

@memaru do you still play?!?! I do remember you as mittlebittle. Lethal meep skills!

Goodenuff
Resource Storage

Postby Goodenuff » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:31 pm

Ryan wrote:@memaru do you still play?!?! I do remember you as mittlebittle. Lethal meep skills!

Cough Cough, banned for mh, Cough Cough

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:59 pm

That ban should have expired by now. This isn't void with permaban.

I've now seen both Rain. and dota-robot play. And I must say that Rain's geo is far better.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:08 pm

double, delete
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

iambeginner
Basic Tree

Postby iambeginner » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:29 pm

Abed for sure. W33 is a close second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2yBs9brZes

You guys should play real dota with real players. Aka dota 2. The skill level in dota 2 pubs is so much higher than dota 1. Know your place.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:56 pm

That's good micro. He also had a really good support that game. Lots of disables and double silence that would help a lot. His GPM and XPM are very high too, mine is higher than average but his was sick. But you are right, average player even in unranked is much higher skilled than dota 1.

iambeginner
Basic Tree

Postby iambeginner » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:28 am

Glad to see someone agree with me in a Dota 1 forum. Whenever I tell Dota 1 players that they aren't nearly as good as they think they are, they always go like 'look at my stats im stomping these dota 1 games'. They don't know they are stomping against players that are 1k skill level in Dota 2. Those that play -em games are even worse.

99% of the self-centered and so called 'skilled' Dota 1 players here will only be average in Dota 2 (2-3k mmr)

The meepo in the above video was played in The International 6, the biggest Dota tournament with the most skilled Dota players. Everyone is at least 7k in that game. Even though meepo did have skilled supports, but he was also playing against skilled enemies, so it's fair. Raping with meepo in a 6k pub game Dota 2 is impressive, but raping with meepo in a 19 million dollar tournament at stakes like this meepo did is even more impressive.
Last edited by iambeginner on Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:03 am

Memaru has beaten several professional DotA players in DotA 2. He would be one of the top there, if he played it still.

blugok
Aura Tree

Postby blugok » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:32 pm

Lol no, he wouldn't be. NonEM games are completely different ball game, and without MH he'd be just the average player that knows how to spam tab + poof. Also, professional dota player = dota is your profession. As in you get paid to play. So no, wrong on both accounts.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”