Poll on meepo ruining games left and right

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.

How DUMB is meepo? How unfair is he? How SICK are you of this hero? How much does he ruin games?

1. Extremely
49%
2. Somewhat
15%
3. Not at all
28%
4. Just learn meepo?
8%

Total votes: 39

divinerape

Poll on meepo ruining games left and right

Postby divinerape » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:53 pm

Let's be cereal here for a second... meepo ruins games extremely hard. He makes games so dumb and absolutely worth NOT playing. You have these no life kids who play the same hero over and over and over and over again and I can only imagine how bored and how sad they might be to do this... They get some kind of kick by having AN EXTREMELY UNFAIR advantage in every single game. Yes... you can pick 5 meepo counters and HOPE and PRAY that somehow you win, but most times it doesn't matter as you are stuck in a team with 4 people who simply do not understand how to play or pick in order to counter an EXTREMELY unbalanced hero... Controlling 5 3xxx hp heroes instead of one? With 5 slows, and 5 more with skadi, and 5 nets? And poof that one shots heroes? On top of 4 more heroes to deal with? There is something seriously wrong here and IceFrog was INSANE to even bring this hero into dota, I truly believe that it was his most diabolical and last *JOKE* he played on the dota community. Please do something, it's getting absolutely impossible to deal with this anymore, I am seriously considering spending a day or two and learning this completely RETARDED hero so I can also ruin games over and over and over and over again.

Frank
Forest Walker

Re: Poll on meepo ruining games left and right

Postby Frank » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:49 pm

???? ur probably just bad lmao. u dont need 5 hereos to counter pick him just 1. if ur losing ur probably worse then the meepo player overall not just meepo.

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:12 pm

Frank wrote:???? ur probably just bad lmao. u dont need 5 hereos to counter pick him just 1. if ur losing ur probably worse then the meepo player overall not just meepo.

I'll bite. Yes, probably. Show me how you counter a good meepo player with ONE hero, boss? Oh but with 4 random pubs. I would honestly love some advice/tips. And I guarantee you I'm a much better overall player than these trash meepo players.

Frank
Forest Walker

Postby Frank » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:32 pm

ember spirit. if i have to explain why ur just bad.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:35 pm

I only play arem, so fortunately I avoid the whole "meepo every game" crowd. Otherwise, depending on how familiar people are with him, he tends to be either useless food or just single handedly wins the game. I do think he brings nothing good to any game he's involved in, but he's part of the game and working as intended, so besides playing arem, what can you do?

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:36 pm

Frank wrote:ember spirit. if i have to explain why ur just bad.

Cool, but by the time you farm your buriza and 3 battlefury's, your team has fed meepo 15-20 kills and 2 sides of rax are missing... Like I said, SHOW me.

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:37 pm

Sylvanas wrote:I only play arem, so fortunately I avoid the whole "meepo every game" crowd. Otherwise, depending on how familiar people are with him, he tends to be either useless food or just single handedly wins the game. I do think he brings nothing good to any game he's involved in, but he's part of the game and working as intended, so besides playing arem, what can you do?

Not a bad idea. There's a problem though. If you want to win games, you have to play carry heros. AR results in roughly 30% chance of getting a carry hero, which most of the time ends up in the hands of people who can't play it and can't carry, and won't swap. Another issue in itself.

Frank
Forest Walker

Postby Frank » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:20 pm

ur supposed to go mid and go bottle travels and just stack the ancients b4 u go for rune at 52. once u get ur bfury u can easily clear a 5 ancient stack with slight of fist. u should be on par with meepo farm. and u have similar global presence with ult travels. if meepo goes mid u should have free and easily kill him if he goes for cs. meepo has no kill potential on ember at any stage of the game. and ember v meepo mid is a joke for ember. if ur losing mid as ember vs a meepo u have bigger problems.
These users thanked the author Frank for the post:
BiLyA (Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:07 pm)

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:22 pm

divinerape wrote:
Sylvanas wrote:I only play arem, so fortunately I avoid the whole "meepo every game" crowd. Otherwise, depending on how familiar people are with him, he tends to be either useless food or just single handedly wins the game. I do think he brings nothing good to any game he's involved in, but he's part of the game and working as intended, so besides playing arem, what can you do?

Not a bad idea. There's a problem though. If you want to win games, you have to play carry heros. AR results in roughly 30% chance of getting a carry hero, which most of the time ends up in the hands of people who can't play it and can't carry, and won't swap. Another issue in itself.

Same thing applies to any decent player on either team who may or may not be able to end up with a hero he wants. Also, I never really thought about the percentage of heroes that can be considered carries, but with some flexibility I'm sure more than 30% can qualify, since a lot of non-traditional carries can substitute as one with the right items. You also get 2 shots at randoming, even if none of your allies swap, which they actually often do, although most people, good or bad, do clings to hard carries. If you stick to "30% of heroes are viable carries", you have over 50% chance of getting something you like after repick, which increases a lot if you're willing to play more heroes.

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:48 am

Frank wrote:ur supposed to go mid and go bottle travels and just stack the ancients b4 u go for rune at 52. once u get ur bfury u can easily clear a 5 ancient stack with slight of fist. u should be on par with meepo farm. and u have similar global presence with ult travels. if meepo goes mid u should have free and easily kill him if he goes for cs. meepo has no kill potential on ember at any stage of the game. and ember v meepo mid is a joke for ember. if ur losing mid as ember vs a meepo u have bigger problems.

I will try. Thank you for explaining further.

DracoL1ch
Aura Tree

Postby DracoL1ch » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:06 pm

ye, unbreakable tranquils, no buyback penalty, reduced respawn time - nothing wrong here guys. 83 is perfect map

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:03 pm

DracoL1ch wrote:ye, unbreakable tranquils, no buyback penalty, reduced respawn time - nothing wrong here guys. 83 is perfect map

I don't think he still has reduced respawn time, that was on an earlier map. IDK about tranq boots, but i've never seen anyone get them on geo.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:48 pm

Tranquil Boots on Geomancer is the dumbest build ever. It's even worse than Mekanism geo. And he does have buyback penalty (????). Quit trying to plug your edited version, it's already hosted.

SeriouslyStrange
Poison Treant

Postby SeriouslyStrange » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:08 pm

Ember Spirit is the only reliable hero that can counter him.
Apart from that, Meepo is ridiculous.
Specially considering the has 5 TPs. So he can tp anywhere in the map that has a creep, every 12 seconds.
Yes, tinker can do the same, but meepo can function as any form of hero.
Ganker, nuker, carry, support. It's ridiculous.
Nerf the BoT on all the meepos (The TPs), and it'll be fine after that.
Its just TOO EASY to farm with him.
Let's just play nice.
NOT!

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:47 pm

I was thinking... without the addition of scepter, there is no stats sharing from what I've noticed, which would make the other 3 meepos severely weaker... Correct?

And yes, he has a 20% reduced respawn time... As if he wasn't broken already

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”