Poll on meepo ruining games left and right

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.

How DUMB is meepo? How unfair is he? How SICK are you of this hero? How much does he ruin games?

1. Extremely
49%
2. Somewhat
15%
3. Not at all
28%
4. Just learn meepo?
8%

Total votes: 39

Burnt
Treant Protector

Re: Poll on meepo ruining games left and right

Postby Burnt » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:44 pm

as a reference/benchmark
GOTEM

memaru
Armored Tree

Postby memaru » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:00 pm

@BiLyA
BiLyA wrote:
EdgeOfChaos wrote:Tranquil Boots on Geomancer is the dumbest build ever. It's even worse than Mekanism geo.

Actually, on dota2, in the .83 patch, tranquils meepo was a normal thing in pro matches. I don't know why it seems so weird to you lol. Travel rush works only on em games.

BiLyA wrote:
EdgeOfChaos wrote:Are we talking tranquil early into travels? Because that's different than just "tranquil meepo".

normally u gonna need travels after 30 min, so u go treads or sometimes tranquils. https://youtu.be/rFlH_EJgefU

Tranquils was only a thing because of a bug that allowed Meepo to prioritize boots depending on which slot it was in. This enabled Meepo players to roam with tranquils, fight with treads and escape with travels (it was patched in 2014). Your video of Dendi was before 2014 and was during the time when this bug was being exploited. In DotA1 Meepo's boots priority goes: Tranquils > Treads > Boots of Travel. So getting Tranquils on Meepo, especially in DotA1, is a sub-optimal choice.

Travels rush does not only work on EM games. It can definitely work in any game depending on the situation.

BiLyA
Treant

Postby BiLyA » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:29 am

memaru wrote:Travels rush does not only work on EM games. It can definitely work in any game depending on the situation.

Meepo players get travels on em, because they tend to farm all the map for themselves(leaving their teammates dry). In normal mode tho, meepo is the mid, not the hard carry. He needs to let the hard carry farm too in order to win the game. Also, it's not like u can use the travels splitpush strat when u play against a team that can coordinate. So imo, treads are the best option.
Btw, I played some weeks ago vs a kid in dota 2 that went travels, aghs and then 4 dragon lances on meepo.
Dragon lance --> +13str, +14 agil at the cost of 1900(ogre axe + 2 boots of elvenskin). If that item existed on dota 1, ppl would make like 10 rage threads against meepo per day lmfao.
https://youtu.be/jYFefppqEtE Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot 8-)

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:56 am

This is the kind of theorycrafting that works on paper and sucks ingame. Travels are (almost) required on Geomancer - if not first, eventually. The 10 second teleport is too good to pass up. Even if you don't want to split-farm for some reason, then for joining your team at fights and instant fountain heals. You absolutely can use travels to farm even vs. a coordinated team, and almost every geo player goes mid in em games.

13 str 14 agi for 1900? Sounds slightly better than Ultimate Orb but will fill up your inventory slots. Eye of Skaddi costs 5675 for 25 all stats which is clearly less cost-efficient, but you won't max them out so fast. It's not a BAD idea to get them, but hardly overpowered. Items are a balance between cost efficiency and inventory space (for example, ironwood branches are by far the most cost efficient item in the game yet cannot be massed because they are inventory inefficient)

Guts_
Armored Tree

Postby Guts_ » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:33 pm

@Frank
Frank wrote:if meepo goes mid u should have free and easily kill him if he goes for cs. meepo has no kill potential on ember at any stage of the game. and ember v meepo mid is a joke for ember.

Free and easy kill? Yeah Right. By level 3 (mind you this is achieved within roughly 2 minutes of game start and even less with bounty), any meepo is double poofing on creeps for an instant aoe 320 damage (80*4 dmg on departure/arrival). No other hero is farming like that. You won't even have a moment to stop meepo CS. By level 4, 400 damage to almost instantly wipe out creeps. Ember's level 2 fire shield will prevent only half that. and Meepo still has double net for an easy kill at level 4. A single poof is 80 mana. he can perform this effectively at every creep wave with a 320 mana pool by level 4 with no items at all. Even if a meepo somehow can't farm mid, he can easily clear a forest of neuts before they respawn.
So if the premise of your argument is that he shouldn't be farmed in the first place, I think you are wrong. His farm is inevitable. And you add this on to any of the previously mentioned meepo fuckery, no cd BoT, 20% faster respawn, skill sharing etc....Definitely an OP game-ruining hero

Frank
Forest Walker

Postby Frank » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:00 pm

Uhm no l. I never said meepo wont get farm. He just wont get any farm from the mid lane. Unless you have terrible lane control as an ember, meepo is only gona get exp and any attempt at cs is gona cost him with his life. If you think meepo is a good midlaner you have bigger issues. Meepo can stack and kill the jungle < ember can stack and kill the ancients. Eventually meepo will overtake him in farm but ember is a natural hard counter to him so again meepo < ember. Seeing as how the average dota 1 player is shit at lane control I can see why you might think meepo is a winall hero.

Guts_
Armored Tree

Postby Guts_ » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:41 pm

@Frank
ur supposed to go mid and go bottle travels and just stack the ancients b4 u go for rune at 52. once u get ur bfury u can easily clear a 5 ancient stack with slight of fist. u should be on par with meepo farm

Meepo can stack and kill the jungle < ember can stack and kill the ancients

This strategy you keep mentioning where ember can clear ancients with just a single sleight of fist and bfury, is garbage. Its not an actual thing. An ember with 2 bfuries, level 4 sleight of fist does not clear a 5 stack of ancients. Maybe with 2 bfuries, a buriza, level 25, and 7 stacks of ancients he could clear it out with a couple sleights. But this theory is just rubbish and would never work in practice at low levels to build farm. There are so many holes relying on this impractical strategy that I won't continue entertaining it.

He just wont get any farm from the mid lane. Unless you have terrible lane control as an ember, meepo is only gona get exp and any attempt at cs is gona cost him with his life

I just explained how ember's capabilities at mid pale in comparison to meepo's. By level 3 he is already vastly overpowered. And in your silly strategy, you wouldn't even be leveling fire armor which is stupid. 1 net and 2 poofs Ember is dead.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:48 pm

guess u didn't watch how they abused ember in Ti5 lol. But mid lane (in pro games) depends a lot on how support plays tho

u guys should go play against each other then one party will shut up :D
GOTEM

Frank
Forest Walker

Postby Frank » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:43 pm

cleave dmg ignores armor on cleaved units. im just gona leave this here and let you come to a conclusion. If you still think im making stuff up go look at some statistics on dotabuff and tell me whos meepos worst matchup.

Guts_
Armored Tree

Postby Guts_ » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:22 pm

I know how cleave works. Sure, ember might be the best chance for beating meepo. I've seen fed ember one shot meepo with a couple bfuries and buriza late game with sleight of fist.

My point is,in dota1 (I don't care about dota2) the average meepo player crushes the best ember players in mid lane and every other facet of the game. the strategy you provided, is not a good "farming" strategy or any type of strategy for that matter since you can't do it efficiently without already being stacked, having map control, and having the luxury of time.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:15 am

I dont much care about this argument one way or the other, but this quote is classic:
"previously mentioned meepo fuckery"
Thats my problem with dota anymore. There is entirely too much fuckery goin on around here...
These users thanked the author BeerLord for the post:
Sir Meon (Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:06 am)

fgfe
Aura Tree

Postby fgfe » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:31 pm

I think the main problem is that em-pubs have the perfect condition for meepo spammers becase of the lack of teamplay and coordination. I mean meepo always stacks jungle and clears the stack first few minutes,but i doubt people actually ward/block those camps or simply gank him there.. another hero i would recommend you is sven:go treads dominator (stack ancients), max ur cleave asap and just go farm lile 15min, then you can keep up with meepos cs and destroy him with blink bkb and buriza

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”