streaming on twitch?

ENT's tournament in July 2014!
rylai
Aura Tree

streaming on twitch?

Postby rylai » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:24 am

since theres a tournament coming our way maybe casters can use their dota knowledge to commentate..?
they can stream on twitch.tv and put a couple of minutes of delay to prevent screen cheating

plus im looking forward to this tournament if it grows

if i don't get into a team or choose not to then maybe i can cast a game with someone with dota knowledge to commentate 5v5 -cm games?

vegeta(ksw)
Armored Tree

Re: streaming on twitch?

Postby vegeta(ksw) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:29 am

I would agree on adding a stream, that might be interesting for people who won't participate on the tournament.
I will appreciate If you will add a stream (twitch or else) since I won't participate !

rylai
Aura Tree

Postby rylai » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:56 am

Well i need the ent admins to approve since they have the authoritarian role, but this is just a suggestion. Since the games are in like afternoon-night in EDT, in Australia it would be like starting from 3am ish so i'll probably won't cast. Twitch is probably the best place to stream or dailymotion but twitch > dailymotion.

Even though people are moving on from DotA Allstars to like Dota 2 or whatever might be, there is still a community of players still actively play Warcraft III DotA.

Casting is easy, you don't need to pay a cent; you just need a microphone, a decent internet speed which im pretty sure people in europe and north america (predominant players) has. Also the program to start broadcasting is OBS (Operating Broadcasting Software), dont even use xsplit (unless you want to pay).

rylai
Aura Tree

Postby rylai » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:48 am

ok, all good

ZaNeY
Aura Tree

Postby ZaNeY » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:10 pm

Agreements wrote:We already did this once or twice. But having a average of 9-13 people watching isn't really worth the effort.

Its a pretty good idea though take some consideration with it?

13oomheadshot
Armored Tree

Postby 13oomheadshot » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Agreements wrote:
ZaNeY wrote:
Agreements wrote:We already did this once or twice. But having a average of 9-13 people watching isn't really worth the effort.

Its a pretty good idea though take some consideration with it?

As stated earlier, even though the suggestion was ok, we already tried it. But again, we are not going to waste our time setting up a stream with that few people actually watching it.

@Agrements maybe now that many people have switched over to ENT to play dota since DotaCash died it would become more popular to watch now, but if you think it wont increase in popularity than that is fine also.

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:54 pm

I don't think we'll get more than ten or so people watching the stream, but it's still nice. And if you're commenting on it then people can watch it later and it's maybe more fun watching than the replay.
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:27 am

@rylai

I do not see big reason for streaming, but if u have the resources and u want to go ahead, let me know.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

Lisk
Aura Tree

Postby Lisk » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:56 pm

If you want, I can try putting an advertisement on LegionTD.com for the upcoming tournament. It might get more viewers that way (including me--I want to watch!). :)
Lisk @ USEast

KidTwist
Forest Walker

Postby KidTwist » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:34 am

I was really hoping to watch the tournament since alot of people i know are playing in it.

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:19 pm

We will post replays.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

betrayal
Armored Tree

Postby betrayal » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:01 am

Streaming on twitch is a bad idea because the players can end up stream cheating. The integrity of the tournament relies on the honesty of player and since this an online event, cheating through stream is not something that can be proved and/or stopped.
-Nigerian Prince

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:40 am

There hasn't been a problem with Dota 2 online tournaments. However, if a team doesn't want it, just say it.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

eldryan
Plague Treant

Postby eldryan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:12 pm

aRt)Y wrote:There hasn't been a problem with Dota 2 online tournaments. However, if a team doesn't want it, just say it.

where has it been?

Return to “July Tournament”