LTD Modes for the new 2v2 Tourney *September*

September Tournament
cyberpunk
Protector of Nature

LTD Modes for the new 2v2 Tourney *September*

Postby cyberpunk » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:23 am

Greetings,

As far as you know, in September, ent will be hosting a LTD 2v2 Tournament.
This thread has a purpose to listen your opinion about modes. The admins will be glad to read your input and make a options to vote, maybe 2 or 3 options.

[spoiler=Draft mode is possible too]ie: Red bans Pally
Yellow bans Mech
Red picks Shadow
--yellow will pick 2 builders to counter red--
Yellow picks Arctic
Yellow picks Nature to pink
--Red must select 1 builder to counter yellow--
Demi-Human[/spoiler][spoiler=Random mode as well]We can use a system to sort builders, like the roll dice on ent webchat; to pick a builder alternatively[/spoiler]
Ideas are welcome.
[spoiler=Links to find ur ban]Link to banlist
Link to ENT Link[/spoiler]
I don't answer private messages that should be public questions. Use the forum

Krumme
Treant Protector

Re: LTD Modes for the new 2v2 Tourney *September*

Postby Krumme » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:57 am

I like the idea of draft mode as it will get rid of the 2 races people find most op (and I do think some races are too op)
-sdgmcb mode is also a good decent tournament mode as this creates a difference in the games instead of the same 2 bans and the same 4 picks but either sounds good to me
-hp mode doesnt' not sound promising to me

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:40 pm

-hpgmcb Prophet ftw
Also nice are -sdgmcb and -apgmcb draft
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:41 pm

@cyberpunk

I took a vote during the last tourny and majority wanted to hpgmcb prophet. They thought hpgmcb prophet required the most skill and variety of placements compared to hybrid and w/e other modes.

-drafting sounds pro in my opinion.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

eldryan
Plague Treant

Postby eldryan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:42 pm

I like draft, although I doubt I can play. I think before second round of choosing begins, two more races should be banned.

cyberpunk
Protector of Nature

Postby cyberpunk » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:36 pm

nabo. wrote:I took a vote during the last tourny and majority wanted to hpgmcb prophet. They thought hpgmcb prophet required the most skill and variety of placements compared to hybrid and w/e other modes.
Indeed it please the majority however it's a 2v2 LTD tourney. I want people to bleed in this tourney.. hpgmcb prophet or hybrid sounds fun to a 4v4 tourney... I want a conclusion who is the best 2v2 team.. where are you dinsneyland team?

If you guys are looking for a balance game; mirror mode is your game. When each team has the same builders, ie: nature and goblin vs nature and goblin. Sucks right? but what's the excuse to lose a game against your mirror? What's needed to beat your own limit?

*idk, i dont play this game; this is my excuse, whats urs?*

Krayyzie
Treant

Postby Krayyzie » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:44 pm

mirror game with random would be nice, hpmmcb prophet if you want the most skillful players to win, hpgmcb if you want the most abusing players to win.
hpmm hybrid if u want a really challenging mode which relays alot on luck..

Hpmmcb would be an interesting 2v2 tourney, it gives alot of different playstyles, and makes the normal 1 strong h older and 1 full income with mass leaksalittle bit weaker...
If there´s any mode for mirror it´d prolly be fun also...

I_kill_satan
Forest Walker

Postby I_kill_satan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:18 pm

In my view luck factor should be minimized for teh tourny. So no sd, no hybrid, and probably no prophet.

Draft with some banned races seems optimal decision. Players can plan their game before start with this mode.

Mirror isnt good because in real game u shouldnot know wich units enemy have, u trying to guess it by seeing killing dynamics and leaks. That mean if u wrong guess u wrong send and lose ==> best team wins.

godlik3
Donator

Postby godlik3 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:09 pm

ahha we could play the mh mode too...its fun...on lihl country tourney we played that mode!

cyberpunk
Protector of Nature

Postby cyberpunk » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:31 am

@Krayyzie
Krayyzie wrote:mirror game with random would be nice
Yep, mirror is always with random.

@I_kill_satan
I_kill_satan wrote:In my view luck factor should be minimized for teh tourny. So no sd, no hybrid, and probably no prophet.
Go to Vegas man, you can get rich!

I_kill_satan wrote:Draft with some banned races seems optimal decision. Players can plan their game before start with this mode.
Thats a cool option imo, ppl should react with decisions from their opponent out of game. A bad decision might change their future in game to deal with strategic uncertainty

I_kill_satan wrote:Mirror isnt good because in real game u shouldnot know wich units enemy have, u trying to guess it by seeing killing dynamics and leaks. That mean if u wrong guess u wrong send and lose ==> best team wins.
I kinda disagree, knowledge is power, and tournament are really special for mapmakers, *mapmaker is useless w/o inputs from good players* when you realize a tournament, you are able to see many points on map, which changes balance and etc.. in mirror what you got is what they got. Everything can be changed, the other team may build/send as you do, or they can send their summons before n kill your king to your surprise.

@godlik3
godlik3 wrote:ahha we could play the mh mode too...its fun...on lihl country tourney we played that mode!
How useful is your mh playing without Master Mind? oO

Krumme
Treant Protector

Postby Krumme » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:40 pm

@cyberpunk just to clear things up for me/you/godlik3 - he means the mode without fog aka the maphack mode - and no one will have an unfair advantage by using mh =)

cyberpunk
Protector of Nature

Postby cyberpunk » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:58 pm

Oh I see, im not used to that name.

I_kill_satan
Forest Walker

Postby I_kill_satan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:14 pm

cyberpunk wrote:I kinda disagree, knowledge is power, and tournament are really special for mapmakers, *mapmaker is useless w/o inputs from good players* when you realize a tournament, you are able to see many points on map, which changes balance and etc.. in mirror what you got is what they got. Everything can be changed, the other team may build/send as you do, or they can send their summons before n kill your king to your surprise.

Well i ll try to be ur opponent in this case, hope it helps to make optimal decision about modes

There are big difference between two alternatives - all have same builder from start or different.

Disadvantages of mirror:
1. Start is very important part of the game, it could decide all game, thats why enemys should not know for sure wich builders u have; Every builder have just a few good units for start game, so all will know for sure when to send.
2. Players cant cover bad rounds for each other, what they can in real game; lead to less effectiveness of team from start.
3. It could be like 1v1 but with two players in one team, so thats a bit boring.
4. We ll never see games like uploaded in attachment in dat tourny with same builder from start (wich i hope to see in teh tourny).
5. Advantages/disadvantages of builders could be seen in battle between different ones, not in battle between same ones.

Advantages:
1. Maybe, it could show which skill better, cos same opportunities from start (but only untill 1st reroll, wich could be lucky or not).

Well i also like idea with Vegas :D
Attachments
jgic vs fftr.w3g
(354.35 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

Return to “Event: Legion TD 2v2”