[0086] Bug Reports

Moderator: Remixer

Stealer
Protector of Nature

Re: [0086] Download / Bug Reports

Postby Stealer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:07 pm

wtf you could get out in windwalk, the items will be in a 2x2 grid leaving a full 2 wide gap for you to get out through.
Pretty sure its a simple editor thing to hit 'Drops when destroyed' or something.

JustaDoormat
Resource Storage

Postby JustaDoormat » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:58 pm

You only have six item slots on hunter and less on builder. If titan breaks into base kills some towers you could need to pick up modules before rebuild if it was "drop on the destruction of tower". Where as now you just rebuild and lose your module. The inconvenience of picking up modules to rebuild or having to go gold to buy your modules again. If titan nearly breaks base and kills a few towers your base is as good as dead without the extra effects of the modules in towers titan killed. I feel you would have a better/fair chance if you get a chance to keep the modules when tower gets destroyed and they get dropped. Titan can attack modules.

End all i think the hassle of having to pick up modules to rebuild is a better option than just having the builder lose his module all together. Increasing the time it takes to repair base is exchanged for keeping your modules. This adds an advantage and disadvantage for both builder and titan.

I totally spaced on the idea of passing items from tower to tower. Ignore my suggestion about
"the range on dropping the module is too short. can only* reach 1st and 2nd tower nothing deeper, pose issues for early basing"

BeeKauzh
Forest Walker

Postby BeeKauzh » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:06 pm

Cambrioleuse wrote:wtf you could get out in windwalk, the items will be in a 2x2 grid leaving a full 2 wide gap for you to get out through.
Pretty sure its a simple editor thing to hit 'Drops when destroyed' or something.

I'm pretty sure the item would drop in the middle of that 2x2 and block the path.

Having to attack the item after every tower is a huge time consuming thing, you could be destroying the other towers like any other base instead of attacking these items.

ApomTom
Forest Walker

Postby ApomTom » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:36 pm

Certain egg items don't drop when the builder is killed. I've tested the important ones.

Do drop: Teleporter, Storm Hammer, Ring of Shadows, and Shield of Will/Might
Don't drop: Greater Turtle Scales, Sword, and Mystic Stone (blink)

I think it would make sense to make the Ring of Shadows an upgrade from the Cloak of Shadows.
Also, you might want to change the color of the text of the sword, shield of might, and cloak of shadows because they're kinda hard to read.

P.S. I like the new hotkeys for the shop items

JustaDoormat
Resource Storage

Postby JustaDoormat » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:12 pm

BeeKauzh wrote:
I'm pretty sure the item would drop in the middle of that 2x2 and block the path.

Having to attack the item after every tower is a huge time consuming thing, you could be destroying the other towers like any other base instead of attacking these items.

Titan only needs 1x1 to move through in ww and when not in ww he just walks through modules.

You wont need to attack modules as you enter past walls, you can just kill them all after or most likely after you have fed off base->kill the builder and they disappear(edit:modules do not disappear when builder dies). the builder not being able to re-tower with items there will add to the time it takes to re-tower giving titan more time to return and continue siege. A titan which gets into a base and kills say 3 towers and has to retreat after is going to get further in the next siege as there are 3 less module towers and that base will die soon due to that fact of it having less attack power. where other builders would be able to re-tower and get the megas again aside from say fairie or goblin but their towers only cost 1 gold vs radios 4-6 per module lost.

A more accepted idea may be to give the module in a tower a high % chance to drop when towers destroyed instead of always getting your modules to drop when you lose a tower. Add a salvage tower option to the RC where you can get a random module which was destroyed with tower for 2 gold.

Anything where losing a tower isn't a 4-6 gold +1k lumber loss, especially with the item passing in towers the time it will take to base you are likely to be caught before you even have a chance to finish basing which could cost you late game where a half way done base may hold but you lose 4-5 towers and make titan retreat and you finish basing. You just loss minimum 16-20 gold and with some feed from another base that titan can break you due to the loss of those modules possibly.

excuse my long drawn responses

titan item
TY Fossurious for help
Ethereal Mirror

description states builder is unable to cast spells or build
most builders spells/escapes still work

builders
builders with spells that can cancel out ethereal state
-Radio can use isotopic shield to cancel ethereal state/can't build
-Makruras can use tp to cancel ethereal state/can't build

builders who cant cancel out ethereal state with spells
-Troll can ww/can't build
-Dryad panic and entangle works/can't build
-Fairie panic/blink/phase shift works/can't build
-Goblin panic and stun trap works/can't build
-Pirate incendiary and dissipate works/cant build
-Murloc panic and tp works/cant build
-Gnoll tp and ward works/can't build
-Nature panic and ww works/can't build
-Draenei portal still works/can't build

supporters
-Magnataur all spells work/ can't build
-Tauren all spells work/cant build
-Demologist all spells work/cant build

-all hunters spells work while under ethereal mirror effects

Draenei
missing option to build mana constructs-upgrade option still included in RC
Last edited by JustaDoormat on Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neco
Treant Protector

Postby Neco » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:39 am

@JustaDoormat

To be honest, I don't see why they should. If you see the titan coming for your towers, you can simply pass the items back down the rows until they're safe. If you're too slow then you deserve to lose them, just like you would've in the old system in 3.0.9d.

JustaDoormat
Resource Storage

Postby JustaDoormat » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:10 am

Neco wrote:@JustaDoormat

To be honest, I don't see why they should. If you see the titan coming for your towers, you can simply pass the items back down the rows until they're safe. If you're too slow then you deserve to lose them, just like you would've in the old system in 3.0.9d.

you can't pass them back if the towers are all full

I edited my previous post i messed up the formatting and most of text got erased in posting

Stealer
Protector of Nature

Postby Stealer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:00 pm

Does anybody else have their WC3 crash when you use fireworks from pirate hunter when titan is nearby?

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:51 pm

Cambrioleuse wrote:Does anybody else have their WC3 crash when you use fireworks from pirate hunter when titan is nearby?

ye, i think it has something to do with my mh

Mini-CML-
Resource Storage

Postby Mini-CML- » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:01 am

Cambrioleuse wrote:Does anybody else have their WC3 crash when you use fireworks from pirate hunter when titan is nearby?

Good find. It happens only if he's in fog of war tho.. It crashes always, even with pirate, his hunter or whatever.

Neco
Treant Protector

Postby Neco » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:25 am

Mini-CML- wrote:

Good find. It happens only if he's in fog of war tho.. It crashes always, even with pirate, his hunter or whatever.

Does anyone know if the same happens with Whirlpool or Spiny Trees? Hopefully it's just Pirate's tower item ability.

Mini-CML-
Resource Storage

Postby Mini-CML- » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:21 am

Neco wrote:
Mini-CML- wrote:

Does anyone know if the same happens with Whirlpool or Spiny Trees? Hopefully it's just Pirate's tower item ability.

Spinies and whirls are okay. No crashes. I did some tests but I can't get whirl or spiny to shoot projectiles on titan in fog of war.

Neco
Treant Protector

Postby Neco » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:06 am

0087 released! Closing this thread now, go check it out.

Return to “Old Beta Versions”