0103 review, and complaints from Burn

Moderator: Remixer

lordmillt
Treant

Re: [4.0.0][0104] Builder Refresh - In Development

Postby lordmillt » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:52 pm

KEEP IN MIND this isnt all pros and cons tauren got.

Tauren 9d:
Pros: More tanky later ingame,
Cons: less useful without gold, easy to kill early with double wand, cant do shit with 0g except rw,

Tauren 4.0.0
Pros: more tanky early game, more useful without gold, can carry with 0g
cons: less tanky lategame,

How to change it: nerf towers. Do so tauren have upgrade to be more tanky lategame (-) gold (-) lumber, nerf his early game (make him harder to play overall.)
@burn share ur option to this post please, btw rekt before <3
Having an unstable internet connection or a high risk of lagging out? Are you tired of losing a won game because you disconnected?
    Do not worry, there are solutions to solve your problem!
    • ENT Connect is a on LAN connection based reconnection tool (no cd-keys needed).
    • GProxy++(Varlock) is a reconnection tool for the battle.net with an external prompt.
    • GProxy++ DLL is a reconnection plugin for battle.net (Recommended).
    For technical issues or questions, post a topic in the technical support forum.

http://www.twitch.tv/linco2 Check it out :=)

Burn
    Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:14 am

I think that Tauren shouldn't be able to carry with 0G. His towers should either be subtly nerfed to around the DPS of Ogre super towers, or go back to 309d where he needs 20g to tower.

I think every supporter should have the ability to be super tanky late game after like 200+ gold including Tauren. His early game is too strong, yes, so make his fortified armour + magic resistance researchable in RC, costing 10G 1000W so that if you want to go tower tauren, you wouldn't want to waste so much wood/gold on the research upgrade unless titan lets you over-gold, but just enough for a support tauren.

Also, remove starting armour so that with SoM or LETs, they make more of a difference since armour stacks only diminishly.

-Burn

narbtit
    Forest Walker

Postby narbtit » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:37 pm

Someone give burn id source code.

Nigth2
    Forest Walker

Postby Nigth2 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:02 am

I personally don't think Tauren is less tankier without the fortified armor given his (OP) armor boost early game, but it's more of the stats cut-off.

If the game uses predefined WC3 mechanics, a level was worth 0.15hp&mp/s, 75hp, 45mp, 1def and 3dmg.

+ Before you could speedpoke, making you able to level up quite godlike, and when it was to face titan you felt quite more enduring given you would normally be a higher level. I think that generates most misleading thoughts about tauren being weak.

4.0.0 made leveling a hell task, even if it did receive a +3exp/hit

If you're gonna poke titan it's a strong risk against a medium skilled one that will surely try to nuke+wand+nuke=death or ward block.

As an actual suggestion, poking experience should be boosted to +4xp/hit.

And ofcourse his towers are stupidly broken at the moment with almost 50dmg (190/4) with machinegun speed supers c'mon please.

EDIT:
    Fix
    Fukin
    Hotkeys
    For
    Pseudologos
    (Got fked up because granite's healing stone clashed with molt's nuke. I think its the stone having Q hotkey but I really IDK)
    These users thanked the author Nigth2 for the post:
    Neco (Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:35 am)
    aka RunForRestRun
    or RumForRestRum

Neco
    Treant Protector

Postby Neco » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:45 am

Nigth2 wrote:Poking experience should be boosted.
    Yep.
    Nigth2 wrote:His towers are stupidly broken at the moment.
    They're currently the same DPS as 4 unupgraded Murloc towers, but this will get looked into this version.
    Nigth2 wrote:Fix
    Fukin
    Hotkeys
    For
    Pseudologos
    (Got fked up because granite's healing stone clashed with molt's nuke. I think its the stone having Q hotkey but I really IDK)
    His hotkeys are fine, the issue is with different localisations of Warcraft III. I'm assuming you're using a different language in WC3 than English, yes? There's not too much I can do about this one.
    Former Editor of Island Defense - ENTID Rules

Nigth2
    Forest Walker

Postby Nigth2 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:04 pm

Absolutely not, I already changed my version to English (US). I was getting crazy loosing so many kills because (in this game) when I pressed Q instead of nuking I placed a regen stone.
    I know it's a hotkey clash because I only hotkey-activated the nuke when the stone was on cooldown.
    That's what I've seen in the editor when you have 2 skills with same hotkey, just that it'll activate in an order or -X, -Y to X, Y, (The closest to -X, -Y being the stone)
    These users thanked the author Nigth2 for the post:
    aka RunForRestRun
    or RumForRestRum

wastedlandering
    Forest Walker

Postby wastedlandering » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:07 am

Neco wrote: His hotkeys are fine, the issue is with different localisations of Warcraft III. I'm assuming you're using a different language in WC3 than English, yes? There's not too much I can do about this one.

There is a bug with gran healing stone on pseudo. Instead of nuking when you press Q, you cast stone instead (when it happened to me, it happened even when I tried to click the nuke icon). If you hit Q and lay the stone, while stone is on cooldown you can use your nuke, but that's the only time. So you basically have to heal before every nuke.

Saw it happen in 3 games so far.
    These users thanked the author wastedlandering for the post:
    FreePeterPan wrote: idiot neco didn't even implement blinky, how could you thank him? He had over a week to do it.

IamGiantRetard wrote:
    Should someone come up with an (actual) idea for Blinky the Steamroller

Neco
    Treant Protector

Postby Neco » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:35 am

After some investigation it seems to be a variation of the Channel caching bug... which is weird since the way Pseudo is set up should prevent that.

Sorry for doubting you @Nigth2 !

Might do a quick fix for the 103 series.
    These users thanked the author Neco for the post:
    Nigth2 (Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:26 am)
    Former Editor of Island Defense - ENTID Rules

sytec280
    Basic Tree

Postby sytec280 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:32 pm

When is Furborg comming ? And fix Satyrs sixth sense bug

Burn
    Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:09 am

https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=7403569

Sixth sense worked for me for some reason?

Also, apparently titan can buy 700W for 5G from loot stash, then sell 500W for 5G at mound.

Can we just give Satyr g2l from rogue den like all the other builders and call it a day?

-Burn

krynxe
    Basic Tree

Re: Stuff

Postby krynxe » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:13 pm

I think Ogre needs to bit of an overhaul. He's been underwhelming and general disliked as a builder for a long time. His gimmick is very interesting, but he simply needs for too much lumber and time to come online. I understand the balancing issue though, since once he has his upgrades it applies to all of his turrets allowing him to drop fully upgraded turrets very fast for just 150 lumber each. However, Ogre needs to obtain lumber unobstructed for an incredibly long time to actually get anywhere, and gets very little reward for golding which is weird for a builder with an enrage.
    In my opinion, I think it would be really cool to see a slightly more combat-styled builder from him. Perhaps make his turret upgrades slightly less lumber demanding, and add a gold cost to some of the later ones. Maybe condense some of the tier upgrades to make this more practical, since 15 upgrades excluding the speed/range ones is a bit much when looking at the time spent researching alone. Also, it would be interesting if Ogre could keep his food cap maxed without needing 6 fruit trees on the map at all time, because then he could more practically deto a worker and build a few casual turrets behind a sieging titan or near the mound. I think being able to build casual turrets in situations like this is what makes Ogre stand out as a unique builder, which is why I'd like to see that trait pushed a little further. Maybe make the food cap attach to his RC like panda used to be, since Ogre seems incredibly dependent on his RC to begin with.

And yeah, I agree with making Tauren a bit more combat/support focused since he's become more of a builder. Experience is really underwhelming for him since speed poking was removed, so some change there would be nice.

Also here are some thing to consider fixing from 103d:
    Spoiler!
    - Furbolg Shaman's Heal (E) ability doesn't work. If you target a unit it says it must target buildings, if you target a structure it says you must target organic units, autocasting near both does nothing.

- Under Satyr's Combat Techniques, Fading stays at level 1 even after being upgraded. Not sure if this is a tooltip error or if it's actually not being upgraded. Also Sixth Sense has no tooltip there, and Plunder level 2 still says "on hit" even though you can get gold on attack cancel.

- None of the builder shop items have listed cooldown, except the Teleporter which says "long".

- The Shield of Might claims to give 25% magic resistance when being held, but doesn't say this in the shop. Not sure whether or not it does give magic resistance, but if it does it makes the Runed bracers item fairly useless. (maybe make it a combination of Shield of Fate and Runed Bracer rather than Shield of Fate + 1 egg?)

- Satyr's dust of appearance, and Morphling's Anti-magic shell have no cooldowns listed (and probably other things as well. Imo, consistently listing CDs cleans up the game a lot)

- Radio's ultimate Mutation Tower incorrectly says that once transmuted to an item, it can only be used as an item. It can be turned back into a tower like normal

- Ogre's Titan Hunter's Soul Burn ability has a hotkey (C) even though it's a passive. It can't be used, so it's probably just a tooltip mistake.
    These users thanked the author krynxe for the post:
    Neco (Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:49 pm)

Burn
    Protector of Nature

Re: 0103 review, and complaints from Burn

Postby Burn » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:48 am

And yeah, I agree with making Tauren a bit more combat/support focused since he's become more of a builder. Experience is really underwhelming for him since speed poking was removed, so some change there would be nice.
    I like this guy already.

Completely agree with Ogre, also. It's not so much the lumber, it's more the time. It takes a year and a half for Ogre to come online and a sub-par double baser.

-Burn

Return to “Old Beta Versions”