Official release.
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 141 times

Island Defense 4.0.0.0104a Beta OU9.w3x
Official release.
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 144 times

Island Defense 4.0.0.0104 Beta OU9.w3x
Official release.
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 161 times

You can also download any recent Island Defense version here!

0104d Changelog:
  • Fixed Draenei's Mana Aura's (for good this time).
  • Added a model for Satyr's Elixirs.
  • Arctic Walls now require a Merchant or an ARC (rather than just an ARC).
  • Demonic Graves now require a Merchant or an ARC (rather than just an ARC).
  • Reduced Stasis Tower's chance to stun to 15% (from 25%).
  • Fixed being able to TK Morphling when under the influence of Heroic Aura.
  • Fixed AR and AP pick modes having no delay before picking.
  • Increased the defenses of Tauren's Totem Towers.
  • Added Shield of Fortitude.
    • Automatically combined from Runed Bracers and Shield of Might.
    • Shield of Might no longer grants spell resistance, nor does it require Runed Bracers.
  • Neutralized Structures now only remain for 2 minutes.
  • Fixed Pirate's Explosive Barrels being able to damage Defenders when neutralized.
  • Reduced the block change of Armor of Fate to 40% (from 50%).
  • Reduced the attack speed and damage granted from Gauntlets of Rage and it's components.
  • Fixed UP being weird when used with Lazy Random.
  • Added a one-way jump path from top-left to top-right. This is temporary. Check out this thread for more details.

0104c Changelog:
  • Raised maximum Titan level to 20.
  • Fixed Titan abilities ignoring the Level Skip Requirement.
  • Reduced Agility gained per level for both Titans and their Minions to scale to the new maximum level.
  • Changed the feed reduction system to become less effective over time (linear, 50% effectiveness after 30 minutes has passed, 0% effectiveness after 60 minutes has passed).
  • Defender's walls now have a base feed amount of 10 for basic, and 15 for upgraded.
  • Reduced the amount of feed granted from Defender's workers by around 20%.
  • Buffed Goblin's Harvesting upgrade.
  • Leaving Defenders will not longer affect other's feed rate if they leave during the game.
  • The neutral structure feed rate has been reduced to 50% (from 75%).
  • Replaced most ultimate tower item models to be the classic chest of gold. There should be no problems with clicking them.
  • The Titan will no longer get bonus gold when a Defender leaves.

0104b Changelog:
  • Fixed a major issue with Unique Pick allowing the Titan to pick early.

0104a Changelog:
  • Fixed Storm Hammer's duration being incorrect.
  • Fixed Unique Pick letting you pick a non-unique Defender if you entered no choices.

0104 Changelog:
  • Changed how Unique Pick works.
    • Unique Pick now takes place at the selection ships again!
    • It will now let you select up to 6 choices from the very start of the game.
    • Once the timer is up, each race will be randomed between those who picked it. For example, if two people pick Satyr as their first choice then it will choose who gets it randomly. The "loser" will then have their second choice rolled, so on and so forth.
    • Choosing "Random" will replace your remaining choices and will ensure that you spawn as soon as the waiting period timer finishes.
    • If you don't get your choice, and you don't specify any more choices you will be able to pick as normal from the remaining races.
  • Defender buildings will now "neutralize" upon their Builder's death, or if the player leaves the game and no one takes over.
    • Neutralized buildings will remain on the map indefinitely.
    • Owned units (such as Harvesters) will be removed like normal.
    • The buildings will not be able to attack, but can still provide auras and other effects to the Defenders.
    • The Defender team does not have shared vision of the structures.
    • The Titan will gain a fixed rate (currently 75%) of experience from these structures. This is not affected by -EXP or -FROFF.
    • The Titan will gain the normal amount of gold from these structures.
  • Added a base to the bottom-left corner of the map.
  • Removed the top-middle section of the map (for now).
  • The Island Keeper has joined the Island! Currently he sells Titanous Eggs, but he won't stay that way for long...
  • Further updates to the meta data reporting system to improve handling when a player uses -titan before the game has started.
  • Balance and Bug Fixes:
    • Added Spell Immunity to Demonicus' Shade.
    • Reduced the duration of Moltenious' Phoenix to 20 seconds (from 30 seconds).
    • Fixed Sypherious' and Voltron's nukes moving slower than intended.
    • Changed the Magnataur's armor type to Large (from Fortified).
    • Reduced the duration of the frost effect from Radioactive's Frost towers to 1.5/2/2.5 (from 5/5/5).
    • Increased the Satyr's clickable size.
    • Replaced Abolish Magic on Satyr's Rogue Den with an Elixir of Cleansing item.
      • The Satyr may purchase this item for 500 wood (shop has a 30s stock and re-stock delay).
      • Upon use, it purges the unit of any buffs influencing them.
      • This item is tradable, but not stackable.
    • Fixed Satyr's Rending Blade and Fading upgrading incorrectly.
    • Fixed Furbolg Shaman not having the correct hotkey for Feral Rage.
Former Editor of Island Defense - ENTID Rules

Merex
Oversight Staff

Re: [4.0.0][0104] In Development

Postby Merex » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Sounds good, can't wait to see it lord neco.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Stealer
Protector of Nature

Postby Stealer » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:33 am

You add rope yet?

Neco
Treant Protector

Postby Neco » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:24 am

Download is up! 0104a fixes some tiny problems.
Former Editor of Island Defense - ENTID Rules

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:04 am

@Neco I'm sure you already know what I'm going to ask.

Why release a version without the top mid section? I mean aside from my own personal experience with the area, having a huge glob of water and minus 1 lumber/base is hardly ideal for how well kept that area has been in ID's generations, regardless of it's effectiveness or not.

I know you have a plan in mind but it just seems like a waste of a perfectly good area. I hope it's project is being worked on still.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Hash
Poison Treant

Postby Hash » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:16 am

Yeah i agree with @av1on, I think top mid should have been left as is until it was finished. From my understanding, the general public seems a bit displeased about having the whole top mid missing.

dlNO
Forest Walker

Postby dlNO » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:29 pm

My Lord Neco,

- My loyal horse has remained by my side for years
Together we have dug through acres of blood, mud, and tears
- All for the sake of Justice, Honesty, and Integrity

- It is true we have grown old, visibly so, for he can no longer stand
Though may I be so bold, I implore thee to look through the land
- You will find none with half the deeds of We

- You can force a new upon me, however my heart will forever be with We
It matters not how fast, kind, or trustworthy this new steed may be
- We is still a part of me and I will forever dream of thee.
"If you're holding onto a light source, you'll be an easy target in the dark."

road-kill
Forest Walker

Postby road-kill » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:02 pm

We were going to make a civil rights movement on top mid tbh ;D

Sethy
Aura Tree

Postby Sethy » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:40 pm

Interesting patch!

Defender buildings will now "neutralize" upon their Builder's death, or if the player leaves the game and no one takes over.
Neutralized buildings will remain on the map indefinitely.
Owned units (such as Harvesters) will be removed like normal.
The buildings will not be able to attack, but can still provide auras and other effects to the Defenders.
The Defender team does not have shared vision of the structures.
The Titan will gain a fixed rate (currently 75%) of experience from these structures. This is not affected by -EXP or -FROFF.
The Titan will gain the normal amount of gold from these structures.

I'm interested to see how this will pan out.
Quote Hall of Fame:
"The people who voted are the people who were going to vote anyways."

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:33 pm

@Av1on @Fullmelthash This has already been explained to you hash. Realistically you lost a underpowered and underused base at top middle along with a lumber base that was completely unnukable with only 2 walls. This has been replaced with a good, new base bottom left and a new lumber base with a jump spot. Nothing has been lost by removing it due to the additions. I forsee you talking about the jump spot as a loss but other areas of the map only have 2/3/4 exits out of it and top left has 3 already and top right has 4 so that's really not an issue. There are plans to replace it with more useful stuff but that takes time and for now it is more balanced to have a punishable lumber base and a usable base instead of an unpunish-able one and an unusable base.

Humik
Aura Tree

Postby Humik » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:22 pm

I dont really agree with taht neutralizing buildings, its so op for titan, he will kill builder (in case of breaking base, builder will sui) and he can even feed off the structures?
Healing rain is a real touch from God. It could be physical healing or emotional or whatever.

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:01 pm

@Humik This is what I just wrote to @lordmillt in our Discord -

"@lordmillt Be more open-minded. That change also buffs builders and gameplay. If you have a rewaller and they die rewalling, saving the base rewalling for example. Those walls will stay and won't simply dissapear. Likewise people will be less worried about dying whilst rewalling and might even sacrifice themselves to build the walls and they will stay when they die. Think of it from both sides before qqing about it. On an off-topic point it makes no sense for the "buildings" to vanish out of existence because the builder died."

All it's going to do is switch from builders suiciding if the titan breaks their base to buildings actually having to think ahead and deto early or start detoing when the base is broken. At the end of the day the titans goal is to kill the builders and it doesn't make sense for titan to have to ignore a builder meleeing him whilst he's sieging. Builders will simply try to survive a siege or "get out" and can still deto their own buildings. Good players already do this, they already try to escape and deto 3/4 of their entire base worth of feed successfully without feeding the minion. It's just become such a normal thing that builders with low skill simply suicide and "problem solved". Increasing the skill cap for builders has been mentioned before and this offers benefits on both sides in different situations whilst being a step in the direction of better gameplay.

I hope this clarifies it better :)

Edit: Another interesting point would be when you have 4 builders camping in the back of a base hoping it doesn't get broken they can actually be useful and run out to rewall considering if they get nuked atleast the base stays up due to the walls staying.

Hash
Poison Treant

Postby Hash » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:35 pm

ShadowZz wrote:@Av1on @Fullmelthash This has already been explained to you hash. Realistically you lost a underpowered and underused base at top middle along with a lumber base that was completely unnukable with only 2 walls. This has been replaced with a good, new base bottom left and a new lumber base with a jump spot. Nothing has been lost by removing it due to the additions. I forsee you talking about the jump spot as a loss but other areas of the map only have 2/3/4 exits out of it and top left has 3 already and top right has 4 so that's really not an issue. There are plans to replace it with more useful stuff but that takes time and for now it is more balanced to have a punishable lumber base and a usable base instead of an unpunish-able one and an unusable base.

I get where you are coming from I just don't necessarily agree with it. Imo it should have been left as is until it was finished instead of removing a vital pathway in the top half of the map. The accessibility from top left to top right of the map and vice versa has been severely cut without that jump spot. I know you don't really see it as an issue but most active players do.

I feel like your main concern is the unpunishable lumber base. Maybe a better way to go about this is to shave off some of the trees in the front of the lumber base to make it nukable. And leave top middle base there until there is a solution, rather than removing it altogether. Because a base that rarely gets used isn't really a problem in the game.

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:57 pm

@Fullmelthash That "vital" pathway hasn't existed for around 6 years. It's only actually existed in the past few months since it was added so I'd hardly call it "vital".

Simple fact is that the entire area is borderline useless/broken. Trying to "fix" it would be more hassle than simply removing it and reworking it from scratch. The game hasn't lost anything through it's removal. Same amount of bases as before, same amount of lumber bases. The only difference is that the new base/lumber base are both usable and punishable. There location also falls near a standard pearl so it doesn't mess with scouting too much.

pep
Forest Walker

Postby pep » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:25 pm

Imo the buildings staying is alright in case of a waller dieing, but now leavers can fuck the builders over so hard. You'll get punished as builders if someone leaves, you have to try and deto his shit which can definitely screw you over or get you kiled. Think about a whole base where the builder dcs or leaves for some reason without there being an observer to take over. That is like intentionally feeding the titan and can change the game pretty hard. 60 free gold thanks obama. gg
"hot gamer grills are a myth, bout as likely to find a unicorn" - hash

Return to “Old Beta Versions”