Risk Devo Bot suggestion

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

ErikTheGreat
Resource Storage

Risk Devo Bot suggestion

Postby ErikTheGreat » Sun May 28, 2017 2:57 pm

Can you please remove the !names command and the disable the spam filter from the risk bot. Too many people abuse the name command and spam command to figure out which players are which. Also the !AFK command.

Risk FFA is suppose to be anonymous but these commands are just toxic for game ruiners.

ErikTheGreat
Resource Storage

Re: Risk Devo Bot suggestion

Postby ErikTheGreat » Sun May 28, 2017 3:41 pm

Also is it possible to hide names in game lobby?

ErikTheGreat
Resource Storage

Postby ErikTheGreat » Sun May 28, 2017 3:48 pm

[Sun May 28 15:37:03 2017] [LOCAL: Europe] [Erik08] guys
[Sun May 28 15:37:07 2017] [LOCAL: Europe] [Erik08] Do you think
[Sun May 28 15:37:16 2017] [LOCAL: Europe] [Erik08] names should no longer be anonymous?
[Sun May 28 15:37:57 2017] [LOCAL: Europe] [Easterbunny111] no
[Sun May 28 15:38:08 2017] [LOCAL: Europe] [Easterbunny111] itd be better if they were unknown in lobby
[Sun May 28 15:38:27 2017] [LOCAL: Europe] [Easterbunny111] or if ent changed stuff to stop ppl from using !names
[Sun May 28 15:38:36 2017] [LOCAL: Europe] [Easterbunny111] or spamming to show their name
[Sun May 28 15:39:36 2017] [LOCAL: Europe] [Easterbunny111] right now its too easy to tell who everyone is
[Sun May 28 15:40:02 2017] [LOCAL: Europe] [Easterbunny111] and itd be nice if they added colors to private chat so u can use it without needing to know ppls names

Arker
Resource Storage

Postby Arker » Sun May 28, 2017 7:50 pm

Yeah !names should be removed

ErikTheGreat
Resource Storage

Postby ErikTheGreat » Sun May 28, 2017 11:54 pm

We did a poll on the risk devolution website. So far we're at 6-1 to have the command removed. There's univeral support to have the command removed.

http://riskdevolution.com/forum/index.php?topic=105.0

Here's some the comments:

Svalbard:

I agree these commands should be removed. The few times I played risk recently people ended up figuring out who I am by spamming !names followed by another command that shows their account name in the chat. In a 4 man game it's enough if 2 people divulge their identities for people to figure me out. >:(

Smoke:

HAHAHHA. Can't handle being ganked, nerds?!

Lol jk. It should be removed. Its to easy to ask someone to spam and kill them if they don't!

Easter:

The commands should 100% be removed, they fuck the way the game is meant to be played too hard. They make it too easy to know which player is which color. Maybe names hidden in lobby isn't necessary because without the commands it's actually possible for skilled players to hide their identity/color.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Mon May 29, 2017 7:04 am

Please explain the issue in a more noob-friendly way so that I can understand the issue at hand.

How does this !name command affect the gameplay?

ErikTheGreat
Resource Storage

Postby ErikTheGreat » Mon May 29, 2017 7:53 am

Imagine there is 12 blind deaf prisoners on a burning plane with only one parachute. None of the prisoners can see each other or hear each other but they all know there is only one parachute on the plane. Everyone knows only one prisoner can survive and the purpose of the game is to be the last one standing. That's how risk FFA is currently set up to play as. You're not suppose to know who the other players are that way everybody is on an equal standing. These commands erase that anonymity and ruin the purpose of the game.

What game ruiners, preteamers, and smurfs like to do is join FFA games spam the !name command. They also like to force other players to spam so the they get squelched by the bot and their name gets revealed. Finally, they like to abuse the !afk command. People don't actually AFK in risk but sometimes there's periods of slow activity. During these periods of slow activity they'll wait for someone to not move their units and then they'll do the !afk command. The AFK command will reveal the person's name who's units aren't moving.

Once they know who's who they'll go out of their way to ruin games and hunt people for no good reason. These commands are breaking the anonymity of the game and it results in a good portion of games being ruined. We understand there's going to be ways to get around it but at least by disabling these in game commands people won't have an easy and instant way to identify other players.

Ideally, we'd like to also have names be hidden in the game lobby or have names not be advertised on the risk bot but I don't believe that is possible. If so, that would be the best plan. If not possible we would like to have the !names command disabled, the afk command disabled, and the spam trigger modified/removed.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:10 am

Isnt it a built-in map command?
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:47 pm

@art)y !names is a bot command, never knew about this either ^^ Actually quite cool if someone has a spoof and you want to see his name quickly.
It private messages you all account names.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:42 pm

Well, if that's the case and the command is actually more of a disadvantage than being useful, we can disable it for the bot.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

ErikTheGreat
Resource Storage

Postby ErikTheGreat » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:02 pm

bump? Any word on when this will be implemented?

@art)y

ErikTheGreat
Resource Storage

Postby ErikTheGreat » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:20 am

bump? Any word on when this will be implemented?

@art)y @hazardous

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:40 am

@Jabba41 @Hutzu Status, please. I recall having talked about the maptype. Possible or not?

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:50 am

@art)y I know what to change just didn't had the time as we talked about it right before I left for the week. will implement it and test if it works once I'm home
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Return to “Suggestion Archive”