Revert lod

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Re: Revert lod

Postby Sylvanas » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:45 pm

Burnt wrote:I've heard more voice against MD in this thread tho. That said, this poll is slightly in your favor.

Plus we will get options to choose the other mode in lobby. The poll would speed up the process imo.

Only because I just voted... Now it's even. Anyway, one person can easily anonymously vote multiple times and pretty much instantly determine the result. Basically, I'm saying I wouldn't recognize the results. I think votes are only meaningful if they can be associated with a person. The sample size is way too low regardless. Of course, it's hard to prove your opinion is aligned with the majority when it always comes down to whichever few people come here.

Personally, I like the idea of temporarily having two bots offering both modes and just keeping whichever one gets the most activity. It's the only way to have everyone "vote" on which one they want to play. They know sd, they found out about md, I think they can choose now.

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:39 pm

If it really bothered people that much they would come to the forum, as 2 or 3 people have.
MAGA

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:51 am

Sylvanas wrote:Anyway, one person can easily anonymously vote multiple times and pretty much instantly determine the result.

I don't think people would care so much that they vote multiple times. I, for example, don't really care so I haven't voted lol.

Anyways it's at least a step forward. Hope for the best.
GOTEM

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:52 am

CheW wrote:If it really bothered people that much they would come to the forum, as 2 or 3 people have.

Then if nobody came to complain about sd for the past few years until now, doesn't it mean it never bothered anyone? This is about what people want, not what they'll tolerate. I trust that people will pick sd if given the choice. Can you say the same about md?

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:27 am

There been multiple people complaining about SD's unbalanced play. This is a way to solve it. Most people don't even know what other modes you can do in LoD. I think most people don't care and I find it funny that you are against a balanced mode when probably half your games of LoD you express your deep hatred of the map and its draft rng.
MAGA

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:49 pm

CheW wrote:There been multiple people complaining about SD's unbalanced play. This is a way to solve it. Most people don't even know what other modes you can do in LoD. I think most people don't care and I find it funny that you are against a balanced mode when probably half your games of LoD you express your deep hatred of the map and its draft rng.

About draft rng? A bit, less than other things. I don't know anyone that never complained about the draft they got or how much better they feel their opponent's is. Ultimately it means nothing. It's a side effect of the fully random drafts a lot of people are unwilling to part with, me included. I also hate walking into stacks of mines too but I don't want them removed.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:51 pm

Sylvanas wrote:About draft rng? A bit, less than other things. I don't know anyone that never complained about the draft they got or how much better they feel their opponent's is. Ultimately it means nothing. It's a side effect of the fully random drafts a lot of people are unwilling to part with, me included. I also hate walking into stacks of mines too but I don't want them removed.

https://entgaming.net/openstats/lod/player/thedreamer/
There are also people who can consistently kill 10 and die 2 each game in over 600-game history with random drafts. Instead of complaining or hating maybe we should focus on something else.
GOTEM

Happiness
Aura Tree

Postby Happiness » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:00 pm

fantomass make sure to vote on the poll just for the lulz viewtopic.php?f=14&p=441878#p441878
Watch them fall off the sky.. it's beautiful but scary

ffantomas
Aura Tree

Postby ffantomas » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:55 pm

i think mode MD bugged. my warcraft 3 Closes immediately In the middle of the game each 3-5 games.
in SD mode This happened very rarely - 1 time for 30-50 games.
please return to sd mode ;)

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:17 am

Stick to the topic and dont spam.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Sentinel
Armored Tree

Postby Sentinel » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:33 pm

Revert back to SD ^^!

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:21 pm

SAD if this is what I hope is not the truth. I don't think it should be reverted back!

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:20 pm

Whether or not it gets reverted, there should definitely be some different mode options to vote for. SD, MD, APoneskill, SD with higher drafts and one skill etc.
MAGA

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:36 pm

How many votes in total do we need to make the final decision?
GOTEM

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:59 pm

Burnt wrote:How many votes in total do we need to make the final decision?
There's no maximum to voting. We never counted anyway but evaluated the general atmosphere/support for suggestions.

Will most likely finalize it on Sunday.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Suggestion Archive”