Autobanex for Burbenog TD

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

ILOCOS_NORTE
Forest Walker

Autobanex for Burbenog TD

Postby ILOCOS_NORTE » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:23 pm

I noticed lately that, whenever the mode isn't in their favor, too many peoples just leave Burbenog TD games on level one. Afterwards they'll join the next lobby in hope for a better mode. This is especially annoying when the set mode is actually very good and challenging, but more or less impossible for the remaining three players to win. I don't have access to the data base, but there are definitely just too many early leavers.

Please change the autoban settings for ENT86 to punish at least early leavers (first 30 minutes). Since those games can be really long, late game leaving may not be punished by autoban but by reporting.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Re: Autobanex for Burbenog TD

Postby HazarDous » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:26 pm

@ILOCOS_NORTE

Afaik, leavers do not really have any impact on game as their wave just stops spawning. Is that right or am I missing something?

ILOCOS_NORTE
Forest Walker

Postby ILOCOS_NORTE » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:54 pm

HazarDous wrote:@ILOCOS_NORTE

Afaik, leavers do not really have any impact on game as their wave just stops spawning. Is that right or am I missing something?

Leaver waves still spawn

Ella
Armored Tree

Postby Ella » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:59 pm

ILOCOS_NORTE wrote:I noticed lately that, whenever the mode isn't in their favor, too many peoples just leave Burbenog TD games on level one. Afterwards they'll join the next lobby in hope for a better mode. This is especially annoying when the set mode is actually very good and challenging, but more or less impossible for the remaining three players to win. I don't have access to the data base, but there are definitely just too many early leavers.

Please change the autoban settings for ENT86 to punish at least early leavers (first 30 minutes). Since those games can be really long, late game leaving may not be punished by autoban but by reporting.

One word: I consider an autoban as an alternative option instead of reporting. Just in case its a "Burbenog TD".

Cheers. :)

local_heaven13
Resource Storage

Postby local_heaven13 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:48 pm

Make burbenogTD auto mode ^_^

efko
Forest Walker

Postby efko » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:25 am

It is good if leaver leave for example before level 5 - that will take about 10-15 minutes of players time, but if he leave between level 15 and 30 which happens in maybe 40%+ games which go without problems after level 10, then that is totally disaster and mostly has for final result losing game on some late level. Main point of this game is team work and need 4 players, or 2 players which is not case here. So all 4 players are there to do damage on waves and if someone leave the game balance will be broken, especially between levels 10 and 30. It is very simple, if 1 player leave the game, it is over. Now problem are players which are leaving more than 40% of their games and there are a lot of them with similar behavior. Back to game, each player/each side is doing some damage and without single player there is 1 wave less and 1 side less to fight vs waves, so some waves can be killed only if all players participate, so what to do with 3 players if they are not enough to kill waves..
If chance to win with 4 players is about 70%, with 3 players will be 10% after 10level, 20% after 20level, 50% after 30level, 70% after 35level

My suggestion some time ago
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=89255

To be more easy to explain, I will use football teams Real Madrid and Barcelona. Real is little stronger atm because Ronaldo is playing like no one ever played, so players are Real and waves are Barcelona. So 1 player has left the game without substitution, Ronaldo is injured, and Barcelona will be punished with red card for that crime. Now Real is not same team anymore, Ronaldo was 40-60% of team, so that will be hard job for team to win the game. Now depends on game mode, Barcelona can be punished with 1-3 red cards, 1 because of start on Ronaldo and other/s for complain. So balance is broken and it is almost impossible to control the game again.
Image Image

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:35 am

local_heaven13 wrote:Make burbenogTD auto mode ^_^

You mean HCL mode, or default mode for every game? Post a new suggestion for that, please.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:43 am

If the TD is indeed focused on team play rather than solo playing, the suggestion can be approved.

Could apply the same leave ratio as DotA considering balance is important.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

ILOCOS_NORTE
Forest Walker

Postby ILOCOS_NORTE » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:43 pm

On hardest mode, you need teamplay to win the game like sharing auras/slow/gold

Also the end of level bonus gold is needed to win (with each leaver you lose more lvl gold)

But this thread is more against retards that leave the game on lvl 0 because they dont like the mode and ruin the game for the remaining players.

efko
Forest Walker

Postby efko » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:29 pm

ILOCOS_NORTE wrote:On hardest mode, you need teamplay to win the game like sharing auras/slow/gold

Also the end of level bonus gold is needed to win (with each leaver you lose more lvl gold)

But this thread is more against retards that leave the game on lvl 0 because they dont like the mode and ruin the game for the remaining players.

Well it is always better to fast remake the game, than to leave after level 5. Mostly players will leave because of game mode when voting since 80% of players are playing blitz pro allowed share income, but what to do if share income is not allowed, 1-3 players usually won't get enough money to grow and player/s who have most kills may not help with sending gold. Also I don't like to play endless since always can be found there 1-2 noobs and that means no chance to win game, so it is wasting of time.
Image Image

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:41 pm

This bot is now inactive. Archiving

Return to “Suggestion Archive”