New Player - Tell me if this is the right community for me

Introduce yourself to the community and come chat with us!

Moderator: Forum Staff

Who was right?

The counterpart
67%
You
33%

Total votes: 3

ScrewThisPatch
Basic Tree

New Player - Tell me if this is the right community for me

Postby ScrewThisPatch » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:57 pm

Hello,
I won't write about myself so you have no impression about me and are as unbiased as possible.
In the attachment you find a reply, this is my experience with this community.
Relevant to watch are the first ~15 minutes.

I won't explain myself further, since they cannot either.
Poll is available.

Thank you for your time.
Attachments
EntCommunity.w3g
(867.28 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

Zeratul

Re: New Player - Tell me if this is the right community for me

Postby Zeratul » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:25 pm

Hihi, after watching the replay i'm assuming you were green this game

Well, behaviour/flaming wise i won't comment on it since it went both ways - Mb one side started being more extreme than the other, but truth is, both parties baited/instigated the situation so i'll leave the fault on both parties.

Now i'm not sure where you played Legion TD before (and your team wasn't exactly nice, or helpful either, providing explanations to the situations), so i'll try to help on that point:

Sends:

Yes, sending solo is indeed bannable by ENT rules (You're playing a Legion game of 4vs4, meaning that you play with your team, and not against them :P), so on that point, they were right - Yes, you were able to have the same amount of lumber or more than certain allies when you sent in team, but it doens't excuse the main fact that sending solo is bannable (+ the more lumber you stack/gather, the harder your send will be, and you will have better chances of taking a heal/winning the game)

The point about sends, will relate to the 2nd point you mentioned during this game (started at 3 - when you said you sent dino solo, to build the goblin alchemist), building:

You started with aqua, which was fine - given you had a LoD (possible semi-holder if necessary), and a clockwerk (with ambassador - who could hold), so far so good - Aqua is a rly nice unit to yolo, and push good, so there wasn't a need for you to hold or mix it (Note - It's not bannable to build what you want - as long you don't troll that is - just saying since you are playing in a team, you should pay attention to your team needs, and in this a case, a good pusher would help ^^)

Being 7/3 at arena with Aqua is really low, considering it's one of the best early units for a good push, so generally speaking, people would say you failed aqua, however given your team was somewhat .. well, in lack of a better word, useless - i won't blame you given you're a new player, and you caught a team that dind't take any time to help you, or be reasonable explaining things (Again, given you're a new player, you could have mentioned it and ask for help - Not everyone will help you, but you will get really helpful people along the path, that can teach/help you with basics);

I'll leave some links for you to check if you're interested - The guides are not completely up-to-date, but the most basic information is okay'ish, so you can learn a couple of stuff from there (Also there's a known streamer, LForward, that still streams a couple of Legion TD games once in a while, in case you wanna watch some of his videos - he usually explains stuff during the game as well, so helps you understand while watching the game, since it's more interactive so to say)

General rules: http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... ming:Rules
Legion TD Rules: http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... g:LTDRules
Legion TD Guides: http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... :LTDGuides
LForward - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjAHKT ... 5Gw/videos

Oh, and welcome xd

ScrewThisPatch
Basic Tree

Postby ScrewThisPatch » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:45 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yes, both parties behaved wrong. Nevertheless, calling people retard/faggot etc. is another level. But this is my opinion.
On the next point: You stated that building how I like is not bannable. And I rather wanted to hold, too. I mean look, we still lost at 13 coz no one was able to.
But here is the thing: It is okay for me to go 1/0 lumber and not send. But is not okay for me to go 4/1 lumber and because of being new (and claiming my right to build how I like) I miscalculated and needed +6 gold, therfore going for the dino. This is punishable?
To sum it up: Rather go super low income so you do not risk getting banned, even this playstyle will result in a higher chance of your team losing.
I am disagreeing strongly on this, but you seem nice a friendly, experienced player. Therefore you have answered my main question.
Thank you for the response and best of luck in the next games!

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:59 pm

Same - I never said A or B were more right than the other side, regarding flaming: They went quite extreme, but i can't say that you were trying to get their side either, since in your mind, you thought what you were doing was okay, and dind't try to understand their side, so i won't pick a party since in my opinion, both are wrong (even if with different contexts)

Well, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose ^^ It would still be possible to lose at 13, but had you pushed faster earlier, you would have sent harder, and could have changed a few things: Mb it could have changed game result, mb not - this game wasn't exactly in your favor.

Well, obviously you don't have to suicide/yolo/push every game, but certain games (and you'll notice it with the more games you play), suiciding or pushing harder will compensate in the long run (since you can recover with the income you get later from the send + you might feed your team's holder as well, so win/win for both sides), so it's all a matter of adapting to the game/team you're with; And well .. usually no1 will report you (neither will the moderators ban you for a single instance of solo sending), as long as it's not like a big send which costs a lot of lumber: So altho solo sending is bannable (and i dont want you to focus on "1 instance isn't enough for ban), certain times it is "okay'ish" if you miss like 1-2-3g and you send for that amount, or upgrade the king for the same (Usually, if you can, inform your team that you need it, so they might help you: Your team might send on that lvl, for example a lvl2 dino send - or tell you to upgrade king instead, since you might need it later)

Regardings units: Well ya, you can build in whatever way you want (as long as you don't troll), and it's not bannable, but the % of winning gets worse, and you don't profit on the units you're playing (Elite Archer/Aqua/Goblin engineers are good units to push early, while usually knights/ygg/harlot are better to hold in case of necessity - You can still push with these, and semi-hold, but that will depend on how the game goes, what king spell you get, what lvl your enemies sent: If your enemy sends on 5, and its not a big send, usually it means they will king after 5, and so the chance of them re-sending 7 is low, so you don't need to hold full, for example)

Anyways, those guides should help you understand the basic metas (even if not completely up-to-date) of units, lforward videos help as well, as he explains things throughout game (including allies units), so you can understand better how it works in practice (instead of just reading theories ^^) - And last but not least, try asking your allies ingame for help: You don't have to follow everything they say, but you can learn a few things from them, and some people are more than willing to teach you, as long as you're willing to learn (Note: If you ask for help, try to follow their advices, and in case you don't agree, try explaining why, or question why they told u A instead of B - Just don't get a negative attitude, like the one that occured in this game,even if your team was useless,or it will backfire at you - not only during this game, but also in future ones ^^)

Good luck, and enjoy your games =)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”