Ban for Specific Game

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

BIG-DOWN
Resource Storage

Ban for Specific Game

Postby BIG-DOWN » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:40 pm

I've noticed that when someone is banned for breaking a rule, they are banned for all games hosted, not specific to the game they were in. As I agree that rules should be set, many do not apply to all games, but a single one.

I will not disagree in saying that bans made for maphacking(or related) should be applied to all games, but when someone does something as leave that specific game early, it should apply to that game. If someone destroys something in another persons base, in Island Defense for example, they should have that temp ban for ID, not DOTA(being as you cannot build structures in DOTA, to my knowledge). I would go further in to detail on what I am suggesting, but it is pretty clear.

If this suggestion has already been brought up, I apologize. Just thought it was something that was worth looking in to if it was an option.

Thanks

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Re: Ban for Specific Game

Postby FalenGa » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:47 am

ENT is one big network, with several autohosted games. Banning players only on the game in which they broke a rule would be pointless and counterproductive. They would stop caring about getting banned, since they would be able to just keep playing different games.

Our goal when we ban users is not to keep them banned. It's to hopefully get them to reflect on their wrongdoings, and come to the forum to appeal their ban. On their appeal, they are asked to familiarise themselves with our rules, which is a win-win scenario for both the user and the community.

It's every player's responsibility to be aware of the rules, and respect them. We are pretty lenient when it comes to first time violations, mistakes do happen.

If you find yourself banned, just go through the appeal procedure, cooperate with the moderation, and as long as you don't make a habbit out of it, you will be fine.

BIG-DOWN
Resource Storage

Postby BIG-DOWN » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:03 pm

Okay, it was just a suggestion if possible. It makes sense after hearing you put it that way though. Thanks

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:02 pm

Archiving.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”