[DotA] [hoogies@useast.battle.net]

Approved or denied ban requests are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

[DotA] [hoogies@useast.battle.net]

Postby WolfPackMama » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:06 pm

Replay Link: http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 639708.w3g
Game Name: [ENT] DotA apem us/ca #3
Your Warcraft III Username: WolfPackMama (@Europe)
Violator's Warcraft III Username: hoogies (@USEast)
Violated Rule(s): Map-hacking
Time of Violation (in-game or replay): Notable time stamps, along with commentary and explanations are in the description below.
Any further thoughts: Alright. This is going to be a long one, so my thanks and apologizes in advance to whoever is going to review this.
I originally didn't want to submit a ban request, as there were only a few of "That's Weird" instances considering me and my friend who were playing a set of games together that night - but after getting online in the battle net, in the clan where we gather to play - the same sour friend talked with some other people from the game, and they also said something was suspicious.
Therefore, I made coffee and downloaded the replay, watched it just now, and boy are there some surprises!

Without further ado, here's information and notable timestamps.

-Information:
I was playing as the Crystal Maiden, my friends were Mortred and Spectre, and the violator himself was the Faceless Void hero.

-Notable Timestamps:
27:51
Without any wards or skills to grant vision, Void decides to ignore a team fight that's going on in the middle lane and warps right on top of my ass near the Sentinel's ancient creep camp. As the aegis carrier and with a 3v3 team fight going on, there was no reason either for him to go and creep the camp. Also, as I've before made sure to be seen in the Sentinel jungle, there couldn't possibly be a way for him to "guess" that I was hiding there. Unlucky for his "wild guess", I had queued up dagger for an ult, so he warped just as I blinked to the middle lane. Tho the team fight was lost, I was very confused at how was I visible waiting to jump in with ult, finally ending up thinking there must be wards up and about.

33:49
Once again, without any wards, Void has impeccable predicting skills. This is, however, a much different situation compared to earlier one. With Spectre running away, she casts a dagger two times over the course of the juking process, allowing her to zero-collision her way through the trees and attempt to juke Void. In the beginning, she flashed two times on the map, allowing Void to tell in which direction she's going. However, he first makes a guess on is she either going left or up to the shop (correctly, of course), and even when he guesses where she goes, he still has a very large radius of possibilities of where she could have been. With implacable accuracy, he lands right on top of her - without any vision whatsoever. Now, let me do the math for you. There was a chance she went back, that she went to ancient creeps spot, that she went on top of the "ward hill", that she went to shops, that she went in the cliff abyss to the left, ... it goes on. Such a direct guess calls for attention.

There's a discussion after that moment in which the Sentinel team expresses concern about this player having flawless guesses - with me and Spectre finalizing it as that they have warded it up. Right afterwards, I check for wards, and there's none (from my then and there point of view), which further concerns us.

39:20
I'll say he got lucky aiming for Mortred and accidentally caught me in his ult as well.

41:00
He once again, without any wards, has impeccable ability to "see" where lone targets are. In this scenario, he walks a VERY particular and distinctive pathing to follow up on Mortred returning to base, without having any vision or clue where could she possibly be. Last time Mortred was visible on Scourge map was about a minute before, when she killed a courier. In a minute, she could've been anywhere else, yet he runs directly to her. Also please note a sharp cut on the corner of the trees, as if he knows she's right next to the tree itself.

46:00
This one is the most concerning one, as if he's getting reckless and no longer "hides" his predicting skills. He ignores a 20 creep stack right in front of his bottom t3 tower about to destroy it, with nobody to defend it (Viper's defending top tower, the two others are dead) and decides to go, once again with impeccable accuracy, to kill Mortred who's farming the Scourge's ancient creep spot. There is a ward on bottom rune, but Mortred did not walk by it anywhere recently - there was no possible way that he could have "guessed" where she was. One too many a guess of exact positions, right? Additionally, and the key point - Roshan wasn't up and wasn't going to be up anytime soon, so his random strolls in the forest are very suspicious. He didn't had to go to shop either, he just went straight for the kill. This is by far the most transparent "accidental" stumble in the game. He also had enough gold to get a buyback if necessary, and was fully geared with items - he didn't need to farm the spot, especially with a huge stack of creeps at his defenseless bottom tower.
Right after he kills Mortred, he proceeds to Sentinel forest, and stands in front of a creep camp. He does not attack it, he just stands there - he doesn't shop or check the map - he's just waiting "incidentally" for me to turn the corner. Once again, without wards or vision, he knows where people seem to be. Luckily, Axe saves me.

Apart from this, there's no other time stamps to provide. The only other interesting thing is a cool CM ult I've did at 45:10 - otherwise the game's fairly bland. I hope this will seek some professional opinion and justice if necessary, as there were one too many wild guesses of where people were for him to be "that" lucky.
As always, for further questions and such, I'm here to reply.

My thanks, once again, for taking your time to review this.
Mother of three gals who call themselves "The Wolf Pack", hence the name :)

Essenze
Donator

Re: [DotA] [hoogies@useast.battle.net]

Postby Essenze » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:46 am

Reviewed it.

Not suspicious
Minor
Medium
Suspicious
Blatant

05:58 SB charges Void from TOP. Void knows and says ''charge viper, not me'', while still no vision on SB. Activates MoM @ 06:15, knowing SB is coming (still no vision on him).
08:00 Takes bot rune (haste) then heads to top rune to take DD, no vision on it. Seemed to know it was DD.
21:30 Heads to woods and meets pa, killing her. If you look closely, he went for her and wasn't aiming for the creep spot.
23:40 They had a ward near rosh.
26:00 He TWs towards nearby CM, looking like he was going for her, then decides to ignore her after her ward is put.
26:40 After ignoring CM, he heads deep at bot for PA. Instead of going base, PA changes way and goes into woods. Void changes his way as well to meet PA, killing her.
27:51 Blinks at CM but not directly at her position. Looks like he was going to hide uphill instead of going for CM. Changes positions when he sees CM (looks like he didn't expect it).
33:49 The chase against spec wasn't technically hard to do unless spec turned her rad OFF and didn't dagger at all, she wouldn't have gave her position away. The TW @ 33:50 however, was suspicious. Directly on spec without knowing the exact distance between them. Also spec's black path was showing a different, opposite way, meaning that spec could of went to hide in the trees but he still decided to TW right at that position.
39:30 He had uphill view.
41:00 TP's mid and heads towards PA, finds her deep in sentinel's bot lane. No wards.
46:00 PA goes back after raxing scourge's mid and goes to scourge's ancients creep spot. Void heads to her location. Although void seemed to go the other way (to ruin or rosh), it's still weird that he goes there, this deep, when the enemy is all mia and when in need of defending base. He's not scared.

To me, 41:00 confirms it for me. I'll let another admin review & confirm it and comeback to you with the decision.
These users thanked the author Essenze for the post:
WolfPackMama (Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:24 pm)

WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

Postby WolfPackMama » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:09 pm

Much appreciated!
Takes two to tell if it's really wild luck or exploiting of a third-party program.

Essenze
Donator

Postby Essenze » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:31 pm

@Apheraz_Lucent

Edited my post, have a look. I actually found more than your timestamps.

WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

Postby WolfPackMama » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:06 pm

Oh, didn't see it until now. Seems I missed a few of his tricks. Thanks again for your time and patience, and I shall wait the verdict.
These users thanked the author WolfPackMama for the post:
Essenze (Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:18 pm)

Quentin
Treant

Postby Quentin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:52 pm

Hello,

First of all I want to tell that I could not find any fog clicks, although I checked all clicks he made.

I watched the replay twice and here is my conclusions (all timestamps are game time):

5:58 => obvious mh. Void went above bot tower in order to kill creeps. 1 second after bara charged him (while in fog, and missing for 60+ seconds) void said "charge viper not me", then he backed from killing creeps bottom for no reason whatsoever when mortred came to gang him in order after spectre's ulti disappeared. He could not know anyhow that bara was charging at that point ...

20:20 => pinged exactly where the opposite team here in fog.

21:30 => indeed, it looks suspicious.

26:40 => PA was last time heading base, but he ganked here quickly after meeting her alone in the woods. Looks suspicious.

The 3 last timestamps looks suspicious as well.

However, the most and only obvious blatant move is when he tells that bara is charging him out of nowhere, 1 second after he got charged by bara bottom!
These users thanked the author Quentin for the post:
Essenze (Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:17 pm)

WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

Postby WolfPackMama » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:17 pm

Thank you for your time.
That's unfortunate, I was halfheartedly hoping it would turn up the other way. However, I'm glad that I've reported him as it means one hacker less up and about. What are further measures now?

Quentin
Treant

Postby Quentin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:26 pm

@Alina will ban him and process this thread
You don't have to do anything else

Thank you for your report
Best regards

WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

Postby WolfPackMama » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:30 pm

Thank you for helping out.

Essenze
Donator

Postby Essenze » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:12 pm

After multiple reviews, Hoogies banned 1 year for the use of maphack.
User may appeal in 3 months.

@Apheraz_Lucent
Attachments
9639708.w3g
(411.92 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:13 pm

Confirmed.
Processing.

Hash