[LTD] TheRareBambi@europe.battle.net

Approved or denied ban requests are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

Remnant
Armored Tree

[LTD] TheRareBambi@europe.battle.net

Postby Remnant » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:05 am

Replay Link: http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/view_replay.php?file=11128238.w3g
Game Name: [ENT] Legion TD Mega 1v1 #38
Your Warcraft III Username: remnant
Violator's Warcraft III Username: TheRareBambi
Violated Rule(s): 1. When picking a mode other than the default one (-hpgmcb prophet or -phgmcb), the mode setter (red) must announce it in the lobby before the game starts. Every player must be informed, so they have the opportunity to leave in case of dislike. 2. Do not flame, rage, troll, or insult other players excessively
Time of Violation (in-game or replay): At mode select and flaming at 1:03,1:19,1:27,2:04,16:32,16:37
Any further thoughts: Also he reported himself that he can or does dodge bans or possibly an admin with really bad ethics, see chat (04:10 / All) TheRareBambi: i have 2 more accounts and dynamic IP + the fact that i play this of boredom (06:29 / All) TheRareBambi: you're struggling quite hard for someone that can't be banned (09:38 / All) TheRareBambi: i am unbannable

pr0totype
Treant

Re: [LTD] TheRareBambi@europe.battle.net

Postby pr0totype » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:46 pm

You need to really focus on what you are saying.

59 / All) remnant: ok banned

Followed by durations can be considered as you having moderator authority and thus claiming to be staff, which is also bannable if reported. Just don't say anything other than report submitted (or better yet, nothing at all), and continue on.

Also, him flaming was fully instigated by you. The only thing he will be banned for, and likely less than 2 days depending on history, is incorrect mode chosen.
These users thanked the author pr0totype for the post:
sl4ck (Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:32 pm)

Remnant
Armored Tree

Postby Remnant » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:15 pm

I have never claimed to be a moderator or staff and that statement in no way insinuates such a claim. He broke a rule, he will be banned, I don't have to do it, nor am I claiming that I will do it. He will be banned, no question about it, so I stated such. Hence, "ok banned". I invite you to parse those two words by definition: “ok” – reasonably, “banned” – banned, which according to precedent established by processed ban requests is the consequence for breaking the rules.
These users thanked the author Remnant for the post:
roger5070mm (Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:05 pm)

pr0totype
Treant

Postby pr0totype » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:47 pm

There isn't a way around how you stated the player will be banned.

If you say ok banned and follow it with durations that gives the implication that you are a moderator. He obviously thought you were until you stated, much later, that ent will ban him.

Yes, he chose an unannounced mode and will be banned for it, but a moderator will advise you for the statements made as well.

Remnant
Armored Tree

Postby Remnant » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:29 am

Ok, let's use an analogy so I can help you to better grasp this... "Someone is committing a crime against you, a crime that has a precedent set in the court of law to have the penalty of jail. You then state 'you are going to jail for this'. Does this mean that you are claiming that you are a Judge?" Of course not, that would seem ridiculous to assume that. The statement is made in confidence of the justice system, or in this case, confidence of the hosting staff. Ergo my problem with your assumption of my words.

pr0totype
Treant

Postby pr0totype » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:24 am

Alright. Here is one of many examples this has been banned for.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=128726&p=500187&hilit=Admin+impersonation#p500187

While older, stomped explains why your statement can easily be misconstrued.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=86921&p=347071&hilit=Mod+impersonation#p347071

I am providing input as a former moderator and as an active member of the community who has been here for several years. This is a gaming community and the only time that real life scenarios are even relevant are in cases of history and in dodging bans.

A moderator will agree and confirm what it is stated above and will ban the violator you reported due to the unannounced mode. It is appropriate to remind you or, in this case, inform you so that you don't do the same in the future and get banned. That is all.

Remnant
Armored Tree

Postby Remnant » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:35 am

Well I will concede that, as in many aspects of life, we find ourselves at the mercy of the unwise. "narcissism is the eyes of the blind" - Remnant

sl4ck
Poison Treant

Postby sl4ck » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:31 pm

@Remnant Piece of advice: Be humble. No need to belittle other users / mods. Looks especially bad when you are wrong.

Remnant wrote:Ok, let's use an analogy so I can help you to better grasp this... "Someone is committing a crime against you, a crime that has a precedent set in the court of law to have the penalty of jail. You then state 'you are going to jail for this'. Does this mean that you are claiming that you are a Judge?" Of course not, that would seem ridiculous to assume that.

You are going to get banned / I report you = You are going to jail
You are banned = I sentence you to jail

Please be more careful with your wording in the future.

Code: Select all

0:00 <TheRareBambi> 0x60: [Chat command] -hpgmcb
  0:00 <TheRareBambi> 0x10: Immediate order: [Hybrid] (flags: 0x0040)

lobby chat
Spoiler!
[System]: *** player [remnant] has joined the game
[System]: [remnant@useast.battle.net] has played 70 Legion TD Mega (1v1) games here (ELO: 1333.82). W/L: 59/11.
[System]: Waiting for 1 more players before the game will automatically start. (www.entgaming.net)
[System]: Waiting for 1 more players before the game will automatically start. (www.entgaming.net)
[System]: *** player [TheRareBambi] has joined the game
[System]: [TheRareBambi@europe.battle.net] hasn't played any games of the specified type here.
[System]: Players still downloading the map: TheRareBambi
[System]: Players not yet spoof checked: TheRareBambi
[System]: Waiting to start until players have been pinged: TheRareBambi
[System]: Waiting to start until players have been pinged: TheRareBambi
[System]: ANNOUNCEMENT: You can now select your desired hosting location! Check http://goo.gl/lpbZX9
[TheRareBambi]: hi
[System]: 10. . .
[System]: 9. . .
[System]: 8. . .
[System]: 7. . .
[System]: 6. . .
[System]: 5. . .
[System]: 4. . .
[System]: 3. . .
[System]: 2. . .
[remnant]: hi
[System]: 1. . .
[System]: *** player [TheRareBambi] has left the game (has left the game voluntarily)
[System]: *** player [remnant] has left the game (has left the game voluntarily)

TheRareBambi#europe.battle.net is banned 3 days for unannounced mode
remnant#useast.battle.net is warned for staff impersonation

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:39 am

No dodge detected.

Return to “Processed Requests”