A post for the staff on ENT gaming

Moderator: DIHL Staff

Necromancer22
Aura Tree

A post for the staff on ENT gaming

Postby Necromancer22 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:34 pm

Hello there, I am writing this to the staff on ENT. I am not sure if this is the right spot to have posted this, please let me know if I need to move it somewhere else.

First and foremost, I would like to thank all of you for everything you do in maintaining this platform for all of us players. It is a neverending job trying to keep the majority of players feeling like they are playing somewhere that rules matter, and seeing the amount of posts that you guys must sift through and pass judgement on shows an impressive dedication. I know that a lot of people can forget just how much that you all do for us in keeping this very old game alive. I know that I really do appreciate all of the entertainment that you have provided for me.

For the last couple years, I have predominantly been playing in the dota in house league (DIHL). It has always been a smallish group of people that survives by having a core number of very regular players. There are only at best several hours every day with enough players available to play these games, which all of us regular DIHL players really enjoy. The only way that our league survives is if we can maintain this core of players who are willing to play on most nights.

If you are wondering where I am going with this, I am writing this post for SlipperySlark, a player who was recently banned for one year for ban dodging a 4 day ban he received for boosting another players stats by playing on a low elo account. SlipperySlark is one of those core players in our DIHL framework of players. He is as active as any of us and even helped to originally create the DIHL. I know that what he did was wrong, and you guys are fully in the right to be upholding law and order in terms of rules set on ENT. Like I stated above, I appreciate that you guys put that hard work in. My goal from this post is to give you guys a little window into my perspective on the effect from this ban. Losing SlipperySlark is like losing a chunk of our league, as regularly available players are invaluable to keeping DIHL running. I am not being overdramatic and saying that losing him will stop DIHL, as it will clearly keep going after this, but the chipping away of very active members leads in a dangerous direction long term. Losing SlipperySlark for a year is not only punishing him, but also punishing the rest of us just trying to fill enough players to play a game each day.

If SlipperySlark is willing to own up to what he did and understands why you guys set the rules that you set, and why it is important to follow your rules, then I am hoping that he can have this ban reduced or replaced with a warning. We have all had our disagreements with Slark, but he does need to admit that in cases like this the staff have the right to set and uphold rules, and it is his job to respect these rules. The rules are set to keep this environment fair and fun for everyone.

Thankyou for your time reading this.

dcaudio
These users thanked the author Necromancer22 for the post:
known2own (Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:37 am)

Dhamma
Treant

Re: A post for the staff on ENT gaming

Postby Dhamma » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:59 pm

You have a very well written post. What you are asking sounds very reasonable.

Something to consider though.

He has been playing on this bot for years. I am sure he was aware of the rules.

He knew that he was banned. He knew that he was breaking the rules. It's reasonable to say that he knew that ENT considers dodging a serious offence. Yet he did it anyway.

Necromancer22 wrote: Losing SlipperySlark for a year is not only punishing him, but also punishing the rest of us just trying to fill enough players to play a game each day.

The only one punishing you guys is the player who got banned.

All things considered, it might not have to be a year. They will probably let him appeal in 3 months if he doesn't dodge anymore. I bet this will be the answer by any admins that answer this.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Considering what can be read here, id think twice before posting on his behalf : http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 080054.w3g / http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/dow ... 080054.txt

Spoiler!
[TeddyGirl4ever]: so born
[TeddyGirl4ever]: can i play
[TeddyGirl4ever]: or u gonna be a bitch like jag?
[Born-Sinner]: u shadow?
[TeddyGirl4ever]: no
[TeddyGirl4ever]: slark
[Born-Sinner]: Go on main sir
[Born-Sinner]: :P
[TeddyGirl4ever]: how can i go
[TeddyGirl4ever]: on main
[TeddyGirl4ever]: its banned
[TeddyGirl4ever]: so
[TeddyGirl4ever]: yes
[TeddyGirl4ever]: or no?
[Born-Sinner]: group consesus
[TeddyGirl4ever]: .......
[Born-Sinner]: ill leave it to the group
[Born-Sinner]: !swap 12 2
[TeddyGirl4ever]: its a stupid
[TeddyGirl4ever]: ban
[TeddyGirl4ever]: and u know it
[Born-Sinner]: ahah i know
[Born-Sinner]: but
[TeddyGirl4ever]: but what?
[Born-Sinner]: we have rules no smurfin allowed :P

Spoiler!
[Born-Sinner]: yes so ill let ppl vote
[TeddyGirl4ever]: and 3rdly i cant go on main
[Born-Sinner]: im in favour of u playing
[TeddyGirl4ever]: if i could i would right?
[TeddyGirl4ever]: yep
[TeddyGirl4ever]: no problem
[TeddyGirl4ever]: falenga has issues
[TeddyGirl4ever]: prob some fat kid
[TeddyGirl4ever]: sits on his computer all day browsing forums
[TeddyGirl4ever]: !sd
[TeddyGirl4ever]: yo
[TeddyGirl4ever]: if they dont let me play
[TeddyGirl4ever]: dont kick me yet
[TeddyGirl4ever]: i wanna say something before i leave

Spoiler!
[TeddyGirl4ever]: hope fantom pulls thru with the website
[TeddyGirl4ever]: tbh the dihl stats page sucks
[Known2Own]: slark they letting u play?
[TeddyGirl4ever]: whos they?
[TeddyGirl4ever]: lol
[TeddyGirl4ever]: ent?
[Known2Own]: dihl
[TeddyGirl4ever]: we
[TeddyGirl4ever]: run dihl
[TeddyGirl4ever]: not ent
[Known2Own]: i know

Spoiler!
[TeddyGirl4ever]: all u guys gota know
[TeddyGirl4ever]: is im not smurfing on purpose
[Known2Own]: lol
[Known2Own]: im down w it
[TeddyGirl4ever]: and im banned cuz falanga
[TeddyGirl4ever]: has a dick up his ass
[TeddyGirl4ever]: well
[TeddyGirl4ever]: ive known mods
[TeddyGirl4ever]: who uses 700 elo accounts
[TeddyGirl4ever]: they dont get banned
[TeddyGirl4ever]: cuz no one cares
[TeddyGirl4ever]: falenga and vaylen got beef

Spoiler!
[TeddyGirl4ever]: so
[TeddyGirl4ever]: ur afraid
[TeddyGirl4ever]: of ent?
[TeddyGirl4ever]: just saying
[TeddyGirl4ever]: we run
[TeddyGirl4ever]: dihl
[TeddyGirl4ever]: not ent

Clearly holds no respect for the rules or ENT, flaming on moderators, and even a DIHL mod considering to let him play - Quite amazing (i suggest reading the entire chatlog from teddy/Slippery, and don't forget the popcorns, cuz it gets juicy at some point - refer to "kick teddy")

EDIT:
All things considered, it might not have to be a year. They will probably let him appeal in 3 months if he doesn't dodge anymore. I bet this will be the answer by any admins that answer this.

This. the standard duration for dodging is 1 year, however most cases are reduced upon user's appeal/commitment, which i'm pretty sure Slippery is eligible for (considering his clean history, prior to this situation) so maybe have him start his process (aka appeal) to get it solved: Silly mistake(s) of him lead to what it is, but until he comes clean, admitting to what he did, and compromising on changing it, this will just go on and on ..

HolyBear
DIHL Staff

Postby HolyBear » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:46 pm

I agree that smurfing to boost someone shouldn't really be banned(couldn't find rule on wiki if someone can link here), but these players used a low elo account for boosting, meaning they threw games with that account to boost a person. After slipperyslark was banned, he dodged his ban by swapping to a different account. "Dodging is considered a major offense equal to maphacking." as quoted from wiki rules.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:48 pm

The act of boosting another players stats is not a simple one and done game, to lower ones ELO down to 380 requires them to intentionally lose/gameruin. This wrecks the fun for others when someone is doing this. This is why the individual(s) directly associated with that act received a much larger ban duration.

SlipperySlark may have not taken part in lowering the ELO on that account, however, he did play it for one game, boosting the stats of his allies. This is why his original ban was for 4 days only, and could have been unbanned after the appeal had been approved. However, he now faces a ban for dodging, which comes with a much heftier sentence of 1 year.

His current ban is of his own doing, and the above post by Zeratul shows he has troubles with authority.

DIHL is not above the general rules of ENT Gaming. If you're found breaking our rules, you will be restricted from playing on our bots as a whole. This is something you must always consider, specially if something pivots on your being available.

Saying all that, SlipperySlark has an opportunity to appeal his ban, however, that will not result in an immediate unban. He has broken one of our more serious rules, and has to spend the time learning from his mistake. However, he will not be considered for a no-dodge period until he comes forward to appeal his own ban.

The DIHL community will survive for the time being, even without him being around.

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:42 pm

You'd have to ruin a lot of games to be 380 ELO and considering the individuals involved are much better than your average player, it's ironic how many ban requests they had submitted to get someone banned only to have been doing something much worse.

Slippery initially said he did not know he was banned and so I assumed he was telling the truth. But it's fairly obvious now that he dodged a ban and shows a lack of care doing so. I know what his initial reason to getting banned for a major offense was so it's not like this is his first time going through this. DIHL gonna lose their most active player because that player could not stay away from DotA for four days.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:10 am

As a member of staff and a part time dihl player (really, more of a mascot than a player...) I am torn by all of this. I've always seen slippery as a leader of the dihl community and I have a lot of respect for him, and for his dota skills. Having said that, I believe such a leader should be held to a higher standard of behavior, because he or she sets an example to the rest of the community. Maybe that's not fair, and he should be held to the same standard as everyone else, but for sure not to a lower one as suggested above. His callous and flagrant disregard for authority here is troubling, and sets a poor example.
These users thanked the author BeerLord for the post (total 2):
Panopticon (Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:31 pm) • HolyBear (Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:13 am)

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:13 am

No worries, I'm sure he's going to post a new ban appeal and get his ban reduced. His decision-making process is legendary.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:35 am

Sylvanas wrote:No worries, I'm sure he's going to post a new ban appeal and get his ban reduced. His decision-making process is legendary.

I'm pretty sure he's not interested in appealing, after reading this funny post - https://ohsystem.net/topic/1503-creating-dihl-for-ohs/

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:46 am

Not sure why you feel the need to present this. Whatever else is going on, he's pretty young, and a little angry. Let him rage a little if he wants, take time to calm down, and if and when he wants to make amends here he can.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:55 am

BeerLord wrote:Not sure why you feel the need to present this. Whatever else is going on, he's pretty young, and a little angry. Let him rage a little if he wants, take time to calm down, and if and when he wants to make amends here he can.

Any reason why it shoulnd't be presented? Simply commenting on the fact he won't be appealing; Anyways if you feel my comment was "unnecessary", feel free to delete it, who cares about freedom of speech these days anyways ;)

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:49 am

Personally, i could care less if he starts IH there and everyone moves, or nothing changes, or anything in between. I just think that rules are rules and it's silly that some people here think that they will be bent for him despite his DIHL history of abuse or any other factors.

But that ohs thread is hilarious. I've never seen so much bullshit in one thread! Here are the finer points.

aparently ENT mods pissed me off so i dont wanna be part of them anymore
The current dihl right now has about 30 active members all carefully selected based on dota skillsets, i can proudly say they are currently the top players of dota 1
im lengendary on ent forums! ohs will be flooded with more players knowing that SLIPPERYSLARK NOW plays on ohs

Someone sure has a high opinion of himself :lol:
These users thanked the author Dhamma for the post:
Panopticon (Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:31 pm)
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:21 pm

Zeratul wrote:
BeerLord wrote:Not sure why you feel the need to present this. Whatever else is going on, he's pretty young, and a little angry. Let him rage a little if he wants, take time to calm down, and if and when he wants to make amends here he can.

Any reason why it shoulnd't be presented? Simply commenting on the fact he won't be appealing; Anyways if you feel my comment was "unnecessary", feel free to delete it, who cares about freedom of speech these days anyways ;)

This Zeratul guy is off the rails lmfao. He is even posting on the OHS forums stalking slark. It's hilarious how he proudly claims to be an "ex" mod on the post.. Yet this guy is putting in so many hours hunting through slarks gamelogs, finding various posts on OTHER websites... All for a guy who doesn't even play DIHl or care about it.

You need a new hobby or something, or at least own up to your being a bit of a loser with nothing better to do with his time.

I was honestly hoping slark posts a ban appeal and makes things work, but I don't even know anymore. Funny too, you're never on the same account always smurfing so you can never get sniped or caught doing anything wrong. Live life in your own bubble just criticizing others while contributing nothing man.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:33 pm

I like finding dodgers - always enjoyed as a mod, and its even more funny now, due to not having mod tools: As for one of ur banned shamans (dota_ trashcans is the 2nd), just warned over there before drama arises due to his actions.

Oh and i might consider showing up for Dihl - after all, i was never unvouched ^^ "looking forward" to play with you

As in regards to my accs, ill easily provide the names so you can find the time to stalk and snipe me with ur clan, since you're never alone :) regarding bans, i was never banned for breaking rules (besides a few disconnects here and there), but feel free to ask the mods: You know, not everyone wastes their time creating 400 elo accs and throw games ... oh wait werent those 3 in ur clan? oO my my, i wonder what else ppl might dig if they search for (Just so you know, im aware of ur clans "pub inhouses") ^^

Anyways feel free to PM me, if you have doubts/questions

PS: GJ for contributing to DIHL archive ;)

EDIT: In response to your post, it's Hyo (should be kinda obvious)
Last edited by Zeratul on Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:41 pm

Yeah whats your main account Zeratul I'm curious. Not your newest 5-0 smurf

Edit: Oh you mean that account you've played on once in the last month? Ok, totally not smurfing all the time then.
Last edited by 1B_Fantom on Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “DIHL Archive”