Ultra clog 5/6

Moderator: LIHL Staff

AvadaKedavra
Forest Walker

Ultra clog 5/6

Postby AvadaKedavra » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:29 pm

Okay I know armed made a rage post about, and it got quickly shut down.

However!!! Let's have a serious discussion about this ultra clog strategy, where u leak 60 to king on 5, 60 to king on 6, with max regen. My opinion so far is: It's absolutely terrible, completly ruins the game. Litterally sitting for 5 min. on lvl 5, then another 5 min on 6, while everybody is 7/3, cmon? It's a terrible game experience.

This is surely now how the game is supposed to be played, and is imo way harder "abuse" of game mechanics than regular clog on race lvls, which sometimes can't be avoided. Idk what people think, but for me, I don't wanna play if this is every game (which is seems it is). Please share opinions/solutions, so we can get some clarification for this strat moving forwards

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Re: Ultra clog 5/6

Postby FadingSuns » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:30 pm

u rlly pause ourgame 5 mins to write this? XXXX....

sonycrockett
Forest Walker

Postby sonycrockett » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:38 pm

Manners plz, go troll in 1200 bot, avada! pause 5 min for post this joke :D

AvadaKedavra
Forest Walker

Postby AvadaKedavra » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:05 pm

Ok I have played against this 3/4 games now, it needs to be removed immediatly! This 100% removes any skill aspect of the game. 100% removed! Rolls dont matter, units dont matter, it's all push, max king, race 10 with 60 wyvs. Litterally any roll that works with this strategy, as long as it can yolo till 5. Ogres? Fine. Sprite suicide? Fine. Bear? push push push. Like this is 100 % abuse of game mechanics, that makes towers not matter at all, pre 10, that is.

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:23 pm

Do you think this is just lame and boring or also unfairly strong?
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

AvadaKedavra
Forest Walker

Postby AvadaKedavra » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:15 pm

It is completly broken. When a team does this strategy, the only proper response is to do it urself, so u gain heavy lumber in these 10 minutes on lvl 5 and 6. So essentially, if some1 decides to do this strategy, the enemies are 100% forced to do the same. Staying low with any roll will kill u. Rolls don't really matter, as long as u push hard. Any sort of holder roll will never ever be seen, if people do this strat.

Since doing this strategy only is countered by doing the same, and you can't really know if ur opponents are doing this, u have to do it urself every single game, just in "case" ur enemies do it. There is no other option. The problem is this completly ruins ANY other strategy. Semi holders, holders, all gone. It's all push and clog, nothing else will work in these types of games.

Imo this strat 100 % abuses the map, every single game will be the same, watching 60 birds die on 5, then 60 golems on 6, with max regen 0 attack, then 100 leaks on 7, sometimes 80+ leaks on 8 etc. It removes any decision making, in terms of staying low, yolo or not, etc, and it is imo completly against the "spirit" of the game, that is a tower defense, where u try to "hold" the waves, not leak them all on purpose.

On top of that, it is super lame and boring, spend 5 minutes on lvl 5, then another 5 minutes on lvl 6, then another 5 minutes on 7, every single game? No thanks! :/

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:02 am

I do know that in the old form (on the old 3.41 map) it was a really lame and time-consuming strategy, which indeed abused the game mechanics. I haven't seen it 'working' on the new map, but if it does and it's starting to affect gameplay a lot, I wouldn't mind to issue a rule against it like we also had on the old map.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

AvadaKedavra
Forest Walker

Postby AvadaKedavra » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:14 am

MickeyTheMousie wrote:I do know that in the old form (on the old 3.41 map) it was a really lame and time-consuming strategy, which indeed abused the game mechanics. I haven't seen it 'working' on the new map, but if it does and it's starting to affect gameplay a lot, I wouldn't mind to issue a rule against it like we also had on the old map.

Yes please, and asap!!! Obviously leaking that much with max regen, is complete abuse of game mechanics. Just like any other form of clog. The difference is normal clog on race level, some times just can't be avoided (if u have a dead lane, or no anti-units for send lvl), and can't really be combatted without changing the map. This "new" (or "old") form of heavy clog for income, is 100% caused by people doing it on purpose, and has litterally zero counter, other than joining in on it on both teams.

RadiantCrystal
Protector of Nature

Postby RadiantCrystal » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:30 am

@AvadaKedavra if you want anything to be implemented, you need to at least provide proof. Therefore if you can attach some replays in which the strategy was deployed, then we can take a closer look at it.
(09:54:07) Jabba41: Hello RadiantCrystal. I'm so glad you became an Admin here because green is the color of hope and whenever your presence brightens up my life i cant thank you enough to know such a person like you. [KING NOW GIVE KISSES]
Spoiler!
ChatBot: aRt)Y has been logged out (Invalid IP address).

AvadaKedavra
Forest Walker

Postby AvadaKedavra » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:02 am

Stiff_Maistar
Treant Protector

Postby Stiff_Maistar » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:10 am

What did snow white say when the dwarves saw her naked?
7-UP
https://www.facebook.com/TehLurdOfTehReingsOfficial/videos/710971672378120/

TinSoldier
Treant Protector

Postby TinSoldier » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:59 am

the same can be said for any strategy that delays the game such as having a player suicide with 7/10 and 400 value on 10. The only way to beat it in most cases is do it yourself. If my team does not have a holder and all yolo towers this is a viable and reasonable strategy to consider as opposed to playing normaly with subpar yolo getting ass raped on lvl 7, failing to take a heal on 10 and autolose on 15. i don't think any of avadas arguments here against this strategy are reasonable or have any strong basis besides him QQ'ing that he doesn't know how to counter the strategy lol
These users thanked the author TinSoldier for the post:
FadingSuns (Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:53 am)

Dong
Donator

Postby Dong » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:25 am

looks like someone is mad that lihl started to counter that also boring straight king win 15 game strat eh.. :)

This is lihl. meta-s change all the time..
These users thanked the author Dong for the post:
FadingSuns (Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:53 am)
Thou shall self tk.

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:02 am

To my feeling, ever since this one topic by armed was opened about it (2 days ago or so?), every game goes exactly like this. As if suddenly people fall back to old habits, the clog strategy is here again. And this is really completely boring, I totally agree with Avada here. Maybe this is just a short period where everybody is doing it "for fun" and this will stop in the next days, then it's all ok. If not, I agree that rules have to be implemented against it. Ending every gamewith clog on 15 isn't much better. But at least one tries to hold a bit on the levels before...

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:54 am

Jamo wrote:To my feeling, ever since this one topic by armed was opened about it (2 days ago or so?), every game goes exactly like this. As if suddenly people fall back to old habits, the clog strategy is here again. And this is really completely boring, I totally agree with Avada here. Maybe this is just a short period where everybody is doing it "for fun" and this will stop in the next days, then it's all ok. If not, I agree that rules have to be implemented against it. Ending every gamewith clog on 15 isn't much better. But at least one tries to hold a bit on the levels before...

U say that because u think that 1 reg and 10 then 15 is a really fun strat no? or what do you think?

Return to “LIHL Archive”