Poll: Clogging

Moderator: LIHL Staff

Do you think clogging is an issue and should be prevented?

Yes, both forms of clogging should be prevented.
46%
Yes, only early clogging should be prevented.
3%
Yes, only race clogging should be prevented.
8%
No, it is no issue / should not (or cannot) be prevented.
44%

Total votes: 39

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Poll: Clogging

Postby Diablo_ » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:24 pm

Considering that the clog discussion and focus kind of vanished over the last days I have the feeling that it's not seen as a (real) issue by the community anymore. However, this feeling might be wrong so here comes a poll to get more solid information about it. Note that this poll is not about finding solutions to prevent it but only to see if a solution should be found. Keep in mind that LIHL mods can only enforce rules and we have no direct influence on map changes and that it would be hard to find a proper rule to ban it while not having a big impact on the overall gameplay.

It will focus on both forms of clogging:

"Early clogging": Clogging on level 5,6 and similar, usually by not upgrading King attack, leaking a lot and killing creeps very slowly.

"Race clogging": Leaking a lot on a race level to clog more and die slower.

You can select one option and can change your vote any time. As always written feedback is much appreciated.
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

TinSoldier
Treant Protector

Re: Poll: Clogging

Postby TinSoldier » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:36 pm

ban both or ban none, cause the only way to counter the latter more often than not is to use the former.

Dong
Donator

Postby Dong » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:24 pm

the problem afterwards is how to phrase the rules.. what defines early clogg, if the enemy sends small and you leak 60 king, are you then not allowed to not upgrade attack, because you know that the heal can't be saved, and you and your team benefits more from regen ups, and more time ?

do you see my point here :)

the phrasing have always been the problem. and I think, maybe we should change moderation in lihl to judge based on players intentions, not on how to write each detail specific down. idk. this shit is hard.

Dong-
Thou shall self tk.

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:56 pm

That's why it shoul dbe solved with changes in the map, not the rules...

KiwiKiller[QQ]

Postby KiwiKiller[QQ] » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:55 pm

Jamo wrote:That's why it shoul dbe solved with changes in the map, not the rules...

Maybe we should get this going then. Maybe it would be possible to use the 3.41h map without the -rolls command and the autoheals? Maybe we should also implement some other suggestions from the clog discussion HazarDous started here : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=103479. Some of those solutions were pretty nice and would be (I think) pretty easy to implement.

Implementing a (50)% minimum bounty on king for the opponent side which would reduce the efficiency of massive leaking and rewards a team more for breaking the enemy team on multiple rounds. - Broud3r
Increasing the area creeps can attack the king so more units are able to attack at the same time - Broud3r
Make Level 6 have a lower collision radius in king area - LForward
Make Level 6 deal double damage vs King - LForward
Implement the !voteblamekiwi command, so that it's always Kiwi's fault - KiwiLeKiller

Just over those 5 suggestions I found, I think we have a lot of potential. Maybe we should stop whinning about it and just do something? My grandma used to say something like "Just do it!" when I was complaining about something when I was younger.. maybe she was right

Just do it! - GrandKiwi

So once and for all, let's change the map, it would fix a lot of things... Anyway we should !voteblamekiwi

supersexyy
Donator

Postby supersexyy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:19 pm

Jamo wrote:That's why it shoul dbe solved with changes in the map, not the rules...

This.

Qvist
Treant

Postby Qvist » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:25 pm

not a problem at all, but I agree its ugly gameplay. I hope we try play on new map which they play on 1200. Lets see a diferent meta.

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:09 am

Imo we shouldn't mix topics too much with using the current 1200+ map to solve this. This is not gonna happen with it and if LIHL players want features of the map to be in lihl is a whole other topic, which has already been discussed a lot as well. Deal with one thing at one time imo. A lot of suggestions were being made that could change the meta a bit, make clog uneffective etc. I think it's up to the mods to decide what direction they wanna go, offer possible solutions we can vote for and work closely together with broud3r, who I am sure is willing to help out here.

Dong
Donator

Postby Dong » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:50 am

Another solution, could maybe be a change of the game mode in the games we play, maybe remove leak/mid gold or idk if it is possible, reduce the bounty :)

that way, team don't get feed early game, when someone just dumb luck suicides cause of " skills "

and if the team king leaks, they wont recover/get gold to push more :)

Dong-
Thou shall self tk.

Forest Walker

Postby 1007 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:32 am

i repeat uless balance tower
we cant stop give up lv15,17 only way to prevent 15 clog(or 14)
'do not push 7/7 if you leak 11~14'
think about 'unfair' situation enemy have 2mutant and mutant team send arena,lv 12 but your team have 0 anti 17
you rather send arena,lv12 with dead value or try send more summon on 17 with push
or how about heal manage team skip 10 hard send 15 with fast game (with anti 14 ea)
you rather try hold 15 with 3300value?or just give up 15 and try break them with hard push
if you want prevent clog race lv(mostly lv 15,17)
we need less dead tower and need more anti 15 17

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:15 pm

hard to find a solution based on rules. Rather do nothing or créate a complete new set of towers as 1007 says. There are too many useless towers in this game.

Kirim
Forest Walker

Postby Kirim » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:26 am

I still cant vote

n1ll3
Treant

Postby n1ll3 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:58 am

@kirim you should be able to vote now

Kirim
Forest Walker

Postby Kirim » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:29 pm

@n1ll3 thanks

Akitos
Treant Protector

Postby Akitos » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:45 pm

Just played a game in LIHL after quite a while of absence and instantly regret it once I saw ppl clogging on 5... They didn't even have bad rolls from what I saw... Is that the only way you plebs can play LTD these days? L2P then, even 1,2k players can do it better. What a joke LIHL has become.
LTD 1 & 2 veteran | full-time streamer @twitch/akitos

Return to “LIHL Archive”