Are we in North Korea?

Moderator: LIHL Staff

Kreutertee
Treant

Are we in North Korea?

Postby Kreutertee » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:02 pm

Threads get locked and moved. Noone allowed to speak his mind?

What is this fucking bullshit here? Where are we to have a friggin dictator run lihl ?

Krayyzie
Treant

Re: Are we in North Korea?

Postby Krayyzie » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:03 pm

Nps, this is the way it works here Kreut :) like i wrote in the other thread. Defend cheaters and abusers. People "inactive" for 5 seasons nps.
Someone decide to pub instead of lihl = perma unvouched

But only picks 2 out of 4 players.

Krayyzie
Treant

Postby Krayyzie » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:05 pm

SingAboutMe wrote:
The better solution would be to make a deadline of for example 2 weeks, till then everyone has to sign at discord (it takes 1min and has no disatvantage for any of you") if you dont have it till then you get unvouched.

Fair enough. Deadline is July the first, will announce on the announcement topic, too. Again, I'm sorry if I hurt some feelings, but this isn't about me unvouching for fun. Those who refuse to have discord account or use it means they refuse to play LIHL. Plain and simple. Where things might have gotten a little messy is the communication between rolder, brave, and myself.

"Messy"? There was no communication. You´re just hungry for power it seems. Unvouch the rest of the players who hasnt played lihl last 8 days. Or unvouch yourself, unless im wrong you pretty much been dodging like for pub games like 1000 times

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:07 pm

Read my announcement topic. Kreu and Nore weren't unvouched because they do have discord accounts.

TinSoldier
Treant Protector

Postby TinSoldier » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:07 pm

lol well to be fair brave always comes back here every few weeks to whine and bitch about something. Cheaters, toxic players, bad moderators no matter what hes got a chip on his shoulder everytime he shows up. Now this little protest against downloading discord and acting like hes a martyr.

Discord is a great program, people should really take the time to learn to use it and accept that changes must be made in order to keep LIHL alive. As Hazza said if you want to keep LIHL alive you should become a part of the solution instead of the problem.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:13 pm

Thanks tin, you pretty much summed it up.

I admitted my wrong, it wasn't clear enough that you (brave) "refused" to make a discord account. After all, you simply ignored me multiple times while being clearly active and talking on channel.

Now grow up and make your decision.

Nore
Treant Protector

Postby Nore » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:37 am

TinSoldier wrote:lol well to be fair brave always comes back here every few weeks to whine and bitch about something. Cheaters, toxic players, bad moderators no matter what hes got a chip on his shoulder everytime he shows up. Now this little protest against downloading discord and acting like hes a martyr.

Discord is a great program, people should really take the time to learn to use it and accept that changes must be made in order to keep LIHL alive. As Hazza said if you want to keep LIHL alive you should become a part of the solution instead of the problem.

Isn't this what you do consistently as well, whenever you do not like something? We only see less of it now because you are "retired". Don't be so quick to call the kettle black, as you have a plethora of things going against you, like multiple rule breaks during your time in LIHL and a history of flaming (to name a few), and you never contributed to the "growth" of the league afaik, so why do you care now that you aren't even playing here? "Discord is a great program" sounds like 100% opinion to me, so that shouldn't even be regarded by anyone who is paying attention to the issue at hand. You are biased to discord while not even using it to play LIHL, so it blows my mind that you are instigating in a post that has nothing to do with you.

As for the real issue, from what i'm seeing Hazardous is basically just bullying people into getting discord. What ever happened to being political and working around the issue? Now it's like a Donald Trump stance of "my way or the highway". I know for a fact that players can join games started without having discord set up, as i've already seen it when more than half the LIHL games that were started were 2's, where people would be swapped in who did not have discord setup. I won't drop any names, as that isn't fair, but yeah, it's clear that it isn't as black-and-white as portrayed. It's supposed to be the players league, not a dictatorship. People's opinions should be equal here, especially in regards to things outside of rule breaks. That is why they must be vouched to even play here. If brave did not see your messages, or maybe got distracted or did not feel the need to respond to you @hazardous that is still no reason to just unvouch him and then say
After all, you simply ignored me multiple times while being clearly active and talking on channel.

Now grow up and make your decision.

Now this is highly unprofessional, and pretty sad imo. I would probably avoid ever talking to someone with this kind of mentality, so can we really blame brave? When have we ever let things get personal on the forums over such formalities? I think the direction we're headed in is clear, but it can still be fixed with the right attitude and less of these kind of occurrences right here. Keep things universal; if a player is vouched and still within their season or two of activity, there is simply no reason to unvouch them. Discord is a new introduction to ENT in general, and even newer to LIHL. You can't expect people to just jump on board or get thrown overboard. Whatever is happening here is a shame and I should hope it gets changed before you lose any credibility you have left.
God is my strength.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:56 am

Nore wrote:We only see less of it now because you are "retired". [...] and you never contributed to the "growth" of the league afaik, so why do you care now that you aren't even playing here? | "Discord is a great program" sounds like 100% opinion to me, so that shouldn't even be regarded by anyone who is paying attention to the issue at hand. You are biased to discord while not even using it to play LIHL, [...] it blows my mind that you are instigating in a post that has nothing to do with you.

You've totally disqualified your post from holding any valuable and/or objective argument by criticizing tin with regards to actions you are guilty of carrying out yourself... and yet you haven't even began to tackle the topic that is of importance here.

First, you are trying to demean tin's opinion by arguing that he never contributed to the "growth" of the league ... and then you go to say that
People's opinions should be equal here

Not sure what your point is with regards to tin's opinion of Discord. Are you really saying he's biased because he likes discord, so his opinion holds no valuable weight? First of all, we didn't move to discord because we're all fancy-fancy and like new techy-techy stuff. We moved because the channel bots were no longer sustainable. So one's opinion with regards to discord really doesn't matter here; we need it for LIHL's survival, period. That's not the best part, though...

Nore wrote:I have no intentions of using discord.. [...] Sorry, but this new system is pretty much not appealing to me in any way

You're literally blaming tin for trying discord out and coming to the realization that it is, objectively speaking, better than battle.net. The problem? Yourself, an (ex)LIHL moderator, wouldn't even bother giving the application (which, should I remind you? ... is critical to LIHL's survival) a decent chance. Why are you blaming him for having a " biased opinion of discord ", when you, yourself, have one?

The icing on the cake... you criticize tin for "instigating in an issue that "has nothing to do with him" ", while you are in the same boat as him;

Nore wrote:I have lost most of my motivation since the bots and channel died, and doubt I will be super active in LIHL again.

You got me wondering why you are instigating yourself in an issue that ... "has nothing to do with you".

Your logic is so flawed that I don't even want to get started with the rest of your post. I have to say that your comparison to Trump was rather amusing, though.
These users thanked the author HazarDous for the post (total 2):
bezdak (Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:15 pm) • Diablo_ (Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:12 am)

Nore
Treant Protector

Postby Nore » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:30 am

Ofc you won't get into it when you are going past all normal common sense in handling such a change and taking cheat shots at a player who has been in LIHL longer than you have been in ENT. His opinion is his opinion, but when he starts pointing to others as "crying and whining" that's where it gets ugly, and you don't even bother to mention that but just focus on certain parts of my statement to once again further your agenda.

You are still pretty new here, and have no real right to be cramming ultimatums down people's throats the way you so clearly are. That is just obvious though, and until you prove otherwise through either your actions or statements, handpicking samples from me won't prove anything. Brave has contributed to LIHL and does not deserve to be so poorly mistreated; but then again, no one does. You are quite full of it if you think that you can just bully your way into making this discord thing happen. There is a right and wrong way to do things.. you are clearly choosing the latter.
God is my strength.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:54 am

Another post which is totally off-topic ...

So what if I removed brave ? This point has already been addressed; If he really did not see any of my dozen message, then I stand corrected by the fact that he technically did not refuse to join discord. That's something I already apologized for, as I should have used the official channel (forum) to begin with. That makes both of your posts useless, to say the least. Given your past history with drama instigation, I can't say I am surprised, though.

... talking about "handpicking samples from [you] [...] to better advance [my] agenda.. ", you're doing a pretty good job at it yourself, ignoring every single thing I have done for this community and nitpicking a single instance in order to better depict me as a machiavellian dictator.

but hey... we're still arguing about trivial stuff. No matter the way you want to see this, I am not "throwing" anything "down people's throats". If you aren't willing to make a discord account... which is necessary to play LIHL games, then by logic, you are also refusing to be a part of LIHL, hence the necessity to remove them from the group altogether. The reason we are more strict on those who don't make discord accounts with contrast to those who are inactive in the league (tin), is that I cannot accept that other league players waste their time lobbying left and right to start games only to see players with no discord account simply join the lobby and get swapped in.

Nore
Treant Protector

Postby Nore » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:11 am

You apologized by telling him to "grow up"? Man, I really think you are living in another universe or something. I am not here to cause drama; quite the contrary, I am trying to avoid the drama you are creating by attacking long-standing LIHL members over some bogus claim that you "messaged him" and thus had the right to remove him without at least hearing his side first. You are clearly hand-picking your statements, as you did not address any real issue I mentioned, but instead chose to focus on my point about Tin, which was clearly just slandering Brave. You could at least be more persuasive if you want to debate with me. I am giving my opinion, which is still just my opinion of course, on all this Discord drama that is taking over. That does not mean that I am right about discord as it is objective to say the least, but I do think it is obvious that your handling of all this is beyond reasonable and has taken a turn for the worst.

You did some nice things for the community, but so has Brave, and so have other players you may potentially end up unvouching without them even knowing, since many do not participate on the forums, or do so very sporadically. The point in all this that I am trying to make is that if you have an agenda, at least go about it the right way. You seem to think that because you have "contributed" now you have the reigns to do whatever you so please, disregarding the standard that had been set long before you ever got here in the first place. LIHL will not recover when such leadership is in place; another reason I became indifferent to the whole situation at-hand.

I won't go back and forth with you because this was never meant to be about you; this is a league that existed, as I said, long before you did on ENT. You are just overseeing it now, as no one else has the kind of authority to. If LIHL is in your hands and I see that you are bringing personal attacks into the mix, ofc I will speak my peace. If anything, I think I have been quite restrained in my responses, as I could point to more instances of your attitude that don't befit a "leader", but that will just take us in circles, and way off topic. The main thing I am hoping to see is a change in this attitude of yours where you attack people who did nothing "wrong". Whether or not he responds to you via whisper or PM is besides the point; you are held to a higher standard, and you are not living up to it. I hope you change your approach, but that is entirely up to you.
God is my strength.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:31 am

As I pointed in my first response to your post on this topic, "[y]ou've totally disqualified your post[s] from holding any valuable and/or objective argument by criticizing tin with regards to actions you are guilty of carrying out yourself..."

Coming from you, the denigration of my leadership is the single most offensive thing you've ever said to me :roll: . So much consideration to what's happening in this league with regards to the bots situation now that you aren't a moderator anymore...

Now, please allow me to use my tyrannical authority and close this topic in order to keep up with the higher standards that are mine. (Not sure if I should specify the irony).

Not like this topic hasn't had more attention than it warranted ... with a title like that ... Locked.

Return to “LIHL Archive”