Draw rule

Moderator: LIHL Staff

HazarDous
Staff Department

Draw rule

Postby HazarDous » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:03 am

Perhaps the most frustrating situation in LIHL. When you win the game 200% even with 3 players and you have to draw simply because someone on the other team says "no".

Meant to propose this rule change before and forgot. Here it is;
Spoiler!
Edited because unrelated/misleading.

If a player disconnects prior to ending of level 20, it is mandatory to !draw the game, unless every player agrees to play on.

to

If a player disconnects prior to ending of level 20, it is mandatory to !draw the game, unless every player in the team with a d/c agrees to play on.

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Re: Draw rule

Postby FadingSuns » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:43 am

In the game u mean was the team who lost a member who wanted the draw so... W/E

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:46 am

Not talking about any game in particular. I didn't watch that game, the chat log simply reminded me about this rule which I believe is flawed.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:01 am

This rule is a big advantage to me over the ent / 1200 rules, id like to keep it.
More fair, less debates and whine imo

Nore
Treant Protector

Postby Nore » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:47 am

That rule change would likely not change a thing. If you want to deter this kind of stuff and keep it fair, make every d/c receive a d/c pen and then no one can complain since it's universal. That way, if someone drops from a game they lost 100% at least they will suffer some penalty without having any biased involved.
God is my strength.

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:20 pm

I don't agree with this rule change. Not quite sure I fully understand the implications of such change, but as far as I get it, it could only lead to some sort of opportunism or no impact at all.

First of all, I really don't see the point of playing a 4v3 game. Even if it is fair now with 4v3, since the 4-players team can be weak compared to the other team, it takes all the fun part away.

Also, if chances were pretty equal before a player disconnected, and that player was a dead lane, the 3-players team is highly advantaged now. Hence the opportunism I was talking about.

Finally, if the team losing a player to disconnection was already in a bad spot, this rule change won't do much. They will either want to draw or not, no matter their decision, the new rule wouldn't bring any new fairness.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I simply think that players should have the manners of admitting they lost a game and to forfeit it when it was very very likely they would lose. Some people may think I am a idealist, they are probably right, but I think it all starts from ourselves.

Gandhi wrote:We but mirror the world. [...] If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:44 pm

Main point for me to say no to that rule change: it is very easy to abuse. Imagine this: You have same amount of heals and you know level 20 will be a race because the enemies are weak. You would most likely lose, but your weakest player disconnects, so you will leak less units, slower, and you do better damage. -> The disconnect gave a disadvantage to the other team, but they are forced to play on.

Or even worse: you have a suicider, he sends all his wood on level 16, disconnects, and you win race level 17 after all on your team agreed to go on.

You have to realize a disconnect can be a disadvantage for the enemy in some cases too, and it's silly to force them to play with this unfair disadvantage.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:47 pm

MickeyTheMousie wrote:Main point for me to say no to that rule change: it is very easy to abuse. Imagine this: You have same amount of heals and you know level 20 will be a race because the enemies are weak. You would most likely lose, but your weakest player disconnects, so you will leak less units, slower, and you do better damage. -> The disconnect gave a disadvantage to the other team, but they are forced to play on.

Or even worse: you have a suicider, he sends all his wood on level 16, disconnects, and you win race level 17 after all on your team agreed to go on.

You have to realize a disconnect can be a disadvantage for the enemy in some cases too, and it's silly to force them to play with this unfair disadvantage.

This is exactly what I said :D hehe

Oh and btw, don't forget if someone disconnects/leave, his team keeps his heal in bank.
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Good point Mick and Kiwi. Altho these situations are pretty unlikely, didn't think about potential abuse.

Will process then.

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:32 pm

i like the fact that every player who dcs gets -elo btw

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:38 pm

BoretkPanda wrote:i like the fact that every player who dcs gets -elo btw

That's a completely different topic, which I believe was brought up multiple times in the past(?). You can try it out again.

Return to “LIHL Archive”